Call of Duty 4 Xbox 360 or PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cpo335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 cpo335
Member since 2002 • 5463 Posts

I've played every sinlge CoD since the very beginning and I can't decide wheter to buy CoD4 for the 360 or PC. I downloaded the PC demo and loved it but idk anything about the 360 one. What do you guys think? Your guys' help is greatly appreciated.

PS. I feel that CoD4 will be "bad" on the PCfor MP and "good" on the 360 for MP. But then on the other side, I feel that CoD4 will be "good" on the PC for SP and "bad" on the 360 for SP. (I don't tyhink I will play the MP any more than the SP because of the "tactical" feel of it)

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Why would the PC be worse online? Custom maps + mods > xbox360 mp IMO.
cpo335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cpo335
Member since 2002 • 5463 Posts
Why would the PC be worse online? Custom maps + mods > xbox360 mp IMO.the_ChEeSe_mAn2
I don't like to play the custom stuff though.
Qzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Qzor
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
FPS are always better on the PC because the use of mouse and keyboard. Go for the PC version.
SKOPY291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 SKOPY291
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

Though I would agree that multiplayer gaming is better on PC than any console... after playing on the 360 and PC I'm leaning heavily toward 360. I think I've been away from PC gaming for too long and I just favor my big screen TV and the ease of use the consoles give.

It is hard to say which is better though. I still haven't bought Orange Box yet for the same reasons as above. I'm thinking I'm just gonna buy TF 2 on PC and Orange Box on 360.

I would say if you like customizability, better graphics (would assume), and multiplayer you should probably think about getting the PC version.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

I think fps are better on the PC, but I'm in the same boat as you in this case. I downloaded the PC demo, and it just felt like I was playing a console game with a mouse (If that makes any sense) I can't really explain it. I need to try both,I guess.

Testoster0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Testoster0wn
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

I've played every sinlge CoD since the very beginning and I can't decide wheter to buy CoD4 for the 360 or PC. I downloaded the PC demo and loved it but idk anything about the 360 one. What do you guys think? Your guys' help is greatly appreciated.

PS. I feel that CoD4 will be "bad" on the PCfor MP and "good" on the 360 for MP. But then on the other side, I feel that CoD4 will be "good" on the PC for SP and "bad" on the 360 for SP. (I don't tyhink I will play the MP any more than the SP because of the "tactical" feel of it)

cpo335

ANY first person shooter is better on the PC. Remember that and you win at life.

SKOPY291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 SKOPY291
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

I think fps are better on the PC, but I'm in the same boat as you in this case. I downloaded the PC demo, and it just felt like I was playing a console game with a mouse (If that makes any sense) I can't really explain it. I need to try both,I guess.

the_leet_kid

Okay... yeah. This is what I meant to say. The PC demo felt more like a console port than a PC game. I think PC games are great because it's something you usually don't see on a console. This just felt like a great console game not a great PC game. Thank you the_leet_kid for letting me laugh and love all over again

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

I've played both CoD4 demo for the PC, and the 360 beta. This is how I feel:

PC
+ The graphics are in another league in comparision to the 360
+ Keyboard/Mouse > 360 controllers (though debateable of course)
+ Custom content will be better

A. Maps
B. Mods
C. Game types

+ The community will be better

A. Public servers run by other gamers = kicking of little kids who talk to much on the Mic = quality servers where you can form a bond with outher regulars
B. Online leagues are far better supported then the ones you find for XBL. Pay and non-pay with prizes

- Requires a 'decent' computer (ie: Geforce 6800 or better)

+ Achievements
+ Play with your 360 friends
+ Great if you have a lousy computer

caiaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 caiaya
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
Xbox 360 !!
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts
I'll be getting it on PC, just because I'm a lot more comfortable playing FPS's on a PC.