Bringing back the Light Gun to the console, Nay or Yay??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for miguel_69692003
miguel_69692003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 miguel_69692003
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts

Now after seeing the House of The Dead 2 and 3 on the wii, it brought back alot of old memories in the Arcades playing light gun games and how fun they were. I also watched the GDC demo of these games on the Wii with Mechberg and kept hearing the guy saying that if the demand was there, they would release more.

Well here's my question to the community, how many if you would support a new official light gun for the 360 and PS3? Now i'm talking about one that looks rad, has some weight and even has gun recoil on it (Something like the Time Crisis games in the arcade) I think if they put time into it they could make a great gun, and I would love to see all the House Of the Deads and Virtua Cop games re-released for the 360 and PS3 with updated graphics and such.

So some people think the rail shooters had there day in the sun and we should put them to bed, and others would like to see a soild return of them, what do all of you think??

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44559 Posts
I'm definately on the yay side for bringing back light gun games for the consoles. Namco brought out Time Crisis 4 for the PS3 a little while ago but I don't have one yet so right now I'd love to see the 360 get some of those kinds of games. I think it would be really awesome.
To_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 To_Ashes
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts
It definetly would be a great decision to bring it back.
1blackhearted1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 1blackhearted1
Member since 2005 • 708 Posts
I say YEA!!, love to play RezHD with a light gun.
Avatar image for miguel_69692003
miguel_69692003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 miguel_69692003
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts

Well it's good to hear positive feedback on the subject so far, and also on a side note I think that gun that was introduced for the new Time Crisis on the PS3 wasn't so hot. I think it had like a d-pad to move on it or something, and they were trying to incorporate open world mechanics in the game that didn't work well. I fear that game manufactures think they have to appeal to new game mechanics to make money, instead of in-bracing the old true and tried angle of Light Gun games.

And I can't say it enough the Light Gun is gotta have some weight and recoil to it!! lol :D

I also think a lot of gamers would love to see games like House of the Dead and Virtua Cop (to name a few) redone with better graphics and better mechanics, not to mention new franchises being created. I just think because the game play is on rails, it provides game developers all the opportunity to make the game look absolutely amazing and provides for memorable set pieces (in the hands of a great developer).

nickelarcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 nickelarcade
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts
what i want is a light gun game that has a meaty campaign length and a gun with weight and recoil, preferably by a first party manufacturer.