Best system choice for sports/fps fan?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

giantyankee7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 giantyankee7
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
hey guys.  finally joined the forums after reading for years..
after months of trying to avoid purchasing a new console and waiting for pricecuts, i have finally decided to give in and buy either 360 or ps3.i have the money for either so price is not an issue.  i also plan to buy a new tv that would work well with either.
the main games i like to play are madden, fifa, and other sport games such as the 2k series.  i also enjoy fps such as Call of Duty and am very interested in Gears of War and HALO 3.
which system do you think will be best for madden and fifa this year?  i like the feel of the xbox controller (not so much the ps3 controller), and while PSN (home) might be free, xbox live looks like it is so much more organized... i love online gaming so this is a big fator for me as well.  i do not like the fact that 360 is not wireless enabled.  is it hard to connect through an ethernet cable?
i would buy a premium btw, as i do not need the extra hd space.  i am leaning towards 360, but it is a very difficult decision and any help from owners of either would be greatly appreciated.  i feel like i cannot go wrong with either decision, but want some reassurance.  SOrry if this post has been asked a milliontimes, but I plan to buy tomorrow.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

hey guys. finally joined the forums after reading for years..
after months of trying to avoid purchasing a new console and waiting for pricecuts, i have finally decided to give in and buy either 360 or ps3.i have the money for either so price is not an issue. i also plan to buy a new tv that would work well with either.
the main games i like to play are madden, fifa, and other sport games such as the 2k series. i also enjoy fps such as Call of Duty and am very interested in Gears of War and HALO 3.
which system do you think will be best for madden and fifa this year? i like the feel of the xbox controller (not so much the ps3 controller), and while PSN (home) might be free, xbox live looks like it is so much more organized... i love online gaming so this is a big fator for me as well. i do not like the fact that 360 is not wireless enabled. is it hard to connect through an ethernet cable?
i would buy a premium btw, as i do not need the extra hd space. i am leaning towards 360, but it is a very difficult decision and any help from owners of either would be greatly appreciated. i feel like i cannot go wrong with either decision, but want some reassurance. SOrry if this post has been asked a milliontimes, but I plan to buy tomorrow.giantyankee7

proteKYFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 proteKYFM
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
Sports is pretty equal for both the PS3 and 360 but if you want FPS, then get 360 hands down. Don't even get me started on some of the games that are releasing for 360...
ericroxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ericroxs
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts
360 all the way buddy, enjoy
Rockshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Rockshy
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts
Its even hard to beat the original Xbox with such games as Halo 1 and 2, the Far Cry series, Unreal Championship...  Sports games are all the ame though so I wouldnt base your purchase on sports games.
JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
360 or a PC with a gamepad for sports.
fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts

Sports games are basically always identical on both the PS3 and 360, so just go with whichever controller you prefer. As for FPS, it's much too soon to say, despite the comments here. It depends on what's coming down the pike, really, and it depends on what you choose to believe. Recent reports on the Halo 3 beta say the graphics are completely - and surprisingly - unimpressive, while at the same time, EA made a statement in an interview claiming they "needed" the Cell processor for their FPSs. Both statements could be taken with a grain of salt, but again, it's what you want to believe. Now or a few years down the road, will the supposed power of the Cell be abundantly clear in the likes of the next Killzone? Or is that just more smoke and mirrors (like the original was)?

Personally, Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the best FPSs I've ever played (and I've played just about all of them). I liked it more than I did either of the Halos, in fact, and I'm actually anticipating the next Resistance more than I am Halo 3. Right now, there simply isn't enough evidence in either area to determine a "winner" in the FPS category, and there are at least four or five years ahead of us. In the sports realm, I'm relatively certain most every sports game will continue to be multiplatform (unless you count some of the exclusive racers like Gran Turismo and Forza), and I'm also pretty certain they'll all continue to be virtually identical from one platform to another.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
360 has the best fps and more titles as for sports both sistems are the same. The same games comes out for both systems
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Hmmmm.....anything with an X in the name :P.