Best RPG makers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattttherman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattttherman3
Member since 2008 • 258 Posts

For me it's Bethesda and Namco Bandai Games(not america). Tales of Vesperia, Fallout 3, only the latest in excellence. I'm not going to say Square Enix because i hate turn based rpg's with a passion.

Forgot to mension Bioware, Mass Effect was great.

Blizzard- I don't care for world of warcraft but over 8 million people seem to, so it must be good

fiendaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fiendaholic
Member since 2008 • 258 Posts
square enix hands down. they made kingdom hearts which isnt turn based and thats an amazing game
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts
I love turn based RPG with passion, so my answer would be, Atlus SquareEnix - (which includes Tri-Ace and used to(?) include Level 5) Nippon Ichi I'll add Namco in the future if they do something more with Eternal Sonata series.
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
Bioware is the finest RPG dev on the market, for my money. Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect? Yes please.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Level 5 and Artepiazza.

Those two companies exude style and craftsmanship.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#6 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Bioware is the finest RPG dev on the market, for my money. Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect? Yes please.3KindgomsRandy
What this man said. Take it to the bank. Pretty much the only developer out there besides Blizzard that has a perfect track record.
czort666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 czort666
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts
Bioware is the finest RPG dev on the market, for my money. Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect? Yes please.3KindgomsRandy
agreed.
Puzzlewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Puzzlewell
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Agreed...my favorite Bioware game is Planescape:Torment.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
Level 5 and Atlus makes some really great RPGs, aside from Square-Enix.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

intelligent systems and atlus are up there.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
After just playing some of Phantasy Star, I'd pick Sonic Team and of course Ion Storm since Deus Ex is the best RPG ever made. But of course these two companies have had better days so for today Square would have to be my favorite.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
[QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]Bioware is the finest RPG dev on the market, for my money. Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect? Yes please.Puzzlewell

Planescape was developed by Black Isle, which also happens to be my favorite RPG developer. You can't beat Fallouts, Planescape and Icewind Dales. Now that Black Isle's gone, BioWare is the best.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#13 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Bioware, Obsidian and Bethesda are my top three for different reasons.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts
[QUOTE="Puzzlewell"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]Bioware is the finest RPG dev on the market, for my money. Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect? Yes please.RK-Mara

Planescape was developed by Black Isle, which also happens to be my favorite RPG developer. You can't beat Fallouts, Planescape and Icewind Dales. Now that Black Isle's gone, BioWare is the best.

easy mistake to make thanks to the fact they worked under the same corporate parent and made similarly themed games in the Forgotten Realms setting. I would have definitely picked Black Isle, also, if they were still around. Torment is still the pinnacle of RPG goodness for my money...but BG2 is close. I say Bioware, but I don't think they've ever lived up to the standard they set with BG2. I loved NWN and KotOR was good, but I'm really hoping DragonAge will do more than just bring back memories of BG2..hopefully it will be Bioware displaying the potential I know they have. For JRPGs I'd say Tri-Ace, but IU was awful. Still, SO, Valkyrie Profile and Radiata Stories more than make up for it. Though, If Namco Bandai can continue to make games like Vesparia ( i didn't really care for prior tales games),Tri-Ace is gonna have some competition (ironically, through a franchise they originated).
whisperingmute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whisperingmute
Member since 2006 • 1116 Posts
Squaresoft
Trooperdx3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Trooperdx3117
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Personally its Bethesda. Personally I despise turn-based RPG's with the utmost passion and also i've never liked any of Biowares games im not even sure why but I just don't like them
Temtamperu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Temtamperu
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
Bethesda and Bioware for me.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts
Square-Enix / Tri-Ace, Level-5, Namco Bandai, Bioware, and Bethesda.
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#19 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
I also say Square-Enix.
juanantonio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juanantonio1
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts
I would have to say Square Enix, Bioware and Bethesda in no particular order.
Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts

After just playing some of Phantasy Star, I'd pick Sonic Team and of course Ion Storm since Deus Ex is the best RPG ever made. But of course these two companies have had better days so for today Square would have to be my favorite.gunswordfist

Deus Ex is the ultimate hybrid FPS/RPG game there ever was, and as bad as the firefight between the to EIDOS offices (Romero in Dallas; Specter in Austin), they produced a revolutionary game that's timeless.

But for RPG game companies today, I can only think of Bethesda (Morrowind, especially). But videogames for RPGs takes some of the fun out it, especially the old skool pen and paper plays.

arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

[QUOTE="Puzzlewell"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]Bioware is the finest RPG dev on the market, for my money. Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect? Yes please.RK-Mara

Black Isle was a rocking team. Gone are those old days. :)

Baldur's gate 1, baldur's gate ii, planescape, icewind dale1 and 2 - man, I'm feeling nostalgic.

I like Bioware games most. They are the pioneer. I still play neverwinter nights 1 apart from neverwinter nights 2.

OmegaCookie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 237

#23 OmegaCookie7
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts
[QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]Bioware is the finest RPG dev on the market, for my money. Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect? Yes please.SemiMaster
What this man said. Take it to the bank. Pretty much the only developer out there besides Blizzard that has a perfect track record.

Didn't they make that Sonic RPG? Didn't it tank?