Best N64 Wrestling game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

User Lists: 0

#1 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

When it comes to graphics, match types, wrestlers, and realism.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
no mercy
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#3 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I liked WCW vs. NWO World Tour and WCW/NWO Revenge.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

No Mercy is the best all around game, and Attitude is the best for lolz. The rest can kick rocks.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
I liked WCW Mayhem personally.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#6 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
WWF War Zone.
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

No Mercy

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

virtual pro wrestling 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr-4x3cgODM

cgheck from 11:45 onwards. review of the game. it uses the aki engine but is a much more polished game then wrestlemania 2000 and even no mercy.

my personal favorite is wcw/nwo revenge though because to me it was the most revolutionary wrestlinggame I had ever played back in 1998/1999. and I loved wcw

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I liked WCW vs. NWO World Tour and WCW/NWO Revenge.

MathMattS
Same here. Still wish I had my N64 so I can play them:( No Mercy was great too.
FPSDad1161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FPSDad1161
Member since 2011 • 814 Posts
No Mercy hands down is the best wrestling game on the N64.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

My favorite has always been WWF Wrestlemania 2000.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#12 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
No Mercy. Any other suggestion will be instantly dismissed.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Definately No Mercy. Plenty of modes, good controls and a (for its time) awesome character creation mode. Dic-dic-dic-dicety-dog!

Grim_Reaper007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Grim_Reaper007
Member since 2003 • 408 Posts

Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy... hard to decide on which

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Wrestlemania 2000 followed by WCW vs. NWO Revenge.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

wcw vs, nwo.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I had a lot of fun with WCW/NWO Revenge. Then again it's the only wresting game I ever played.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

WWF No mercy and WWF Attitude. The best wrestling games for Nintendo 64.

GunBladeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 GunBladeHero
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

WCW vs. NWO: Revenge is hands down the best and most entertaining one in my opinion.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bultje112

the n64 was truly the godmother of wrestlinggames. my god. it only missed a fire pro game. I bought the console and still own it for that

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

the n64 was truly the godmother of wrestlinggames. my god. it only missed a fire pro game. I bought the console and still own it for that

bultje112

I've also been noticing that. What it lacked in fighters it kinda compensated with Wrestling games. Altho I'm not exactly a fan of the genre.

theradviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 theradviking
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I agree. I just got WCW vs nWo and Revenge off ebay for like $2 and my friend gave me her old 64 a while ago. I cant wait to play them again. Best wrestling games of all time.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Judging by the last few posts, sounds like I REALLY need a N64 if it really was the "Wrestling console" :(. But I always hear about No Mercy. Even today, people say it's the best Wrestling game out there. From the ones that have been mentioned in this thread though, I think that WCW Mayhem is a fantastic game, it feels pretty realistic too (although I haven't played it for a while, it disappeared :(). Warzone is also great (as is Attitude, but I prefer Warzone). The only problem with Warzone is it gets a little repetitive because it doesn't have an awful lot of matches, modes or superstars and it is pretty easy once you get the hang of the moves. The one thing that always bugged me about Warzone though, is the fact that match types were locked under the specific number of players. For example, if you wanted to play a Tornado Tag Team Match, you needed 4 players (as in controllers), which I never understood, because you can have tag matches with the AI. There is also no Royal Rumble in the PS1 version :(.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#24 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
definitely no mercy.
adogg3341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 adogg3341
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

WWF No Mercy hands down!!!! next thread

J-Man2244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26 J-Man2244
Member since 2012 • 85 Posts

I have a few Wrestling games for the N64, and I remember Warzone always being my preffered poison. I really loved that game back in the day. Whenever my friends were over, we would dump hour after hour into the killer multiplayer mode!

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bultje112

Judging by the last few posts, sounds like I REALLY need a N64 if it really was the "Wrestling console" :(. But I always hear about No Mercy. Even today, people say it's the best Wrestling game out there. From the ones that have been mentioned in this thread though, I think that WCW Mayhem is a fantastic game, it feels pretty realistic too (although I haven't played it for a while, it disappeared :(). Warzone is also great (as is Attitude, but I prefer Warzone). The only problem with Warzone is it gets a little repetitive because it doesn't have an awful lot of matches, modes or superstars and it is pretty easy once you get the hang of the moves. The one thing that always bugged me about Warzone though, is the fact that match types were locked under the specific number of players. For example, if you wanted to play a Tornado Tag Team Match, you needed 4 players (as in controllers), which I never understood, because you can have tag matches with the AI. There is also no Royal Rumble in the PS1 version :(.Ashley_wwe

if you liked those games then get an n64. those games you named really suck. only mayhem was ok. then get all the aki n64 wrestligngames. you will love them all

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]Judging by the last few posts, sounds like I REALLY need a N64 if it really was the "Wrestling console" :(. But I always hear about No Mercy. Even today, people say it's the best Wrestling game out there. From the ones that have been mentioned in this thread though, I think that WCW Mayhem is a fantastic game, it feels pretty realistic too (although I haven't played it for a while, it disappeared :(). Warzone is also great (as is Attitude, but I prefer Warzone). The only problem with Warzone is it gets a little repetitive because it doesn't have an awful lot of matches, modes or superstars and it is pretty easy once you get the hang of the moves. The one thing that always bugged me about Warzone though, is the fact that match types were locked under the specific number of players. For example, if you wanted to play a Tornado Tag Team Match, you needed 4 players (as in controllers), which I never understood, because you can have tag matches with the AI. There is also no Royal Rumble in the PS1 version :(.

GameCube is even more so, although a lot of the games weren't strictly wrestling and were just wrestling based. Finally, someone who agrees on War Zone :P
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bultje112

warzone was pretty fun when it came out but as soon as wcw vs nwo world tour and vpw64 came out it wiped the floor with it. but until then which was a few months only warzone was the best 3dgame out there. I had quite some fun with create a wrestler

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
if you liked those games then get an n64. those games you named really suck. only mayhem was ok. then get all the aki n64 wrestligngames. you will love them allbultje112
Looks like I am going to have to! :P. But those games weren't bad, at least in my opinion. Attitude is fun, and Warzone even more so.
GameCube is even more so, although a lot of the games weren't strictly wrestling and were just wrestling based. Finally, someone who agrees on War Zone :PSpinnerweb
Ohh, seems like there is so many games to get! :P. The funny thing about Warzone is, even though it was released before Attitude, it feels like it flows better in my opinion. Not only that, but the atmosphere of the game just seems a lot better in my opinion. One of the things that annoyed me though was that you couldn't pick your opponent(s)! haha :P. Having The Headbangers vs. Kane and Mosh wasn't the ideal match :lol:.
warzone was pretty fun when it came out but as soon as wcw vs nwo world tour and vpw64 came out it wiped the floor with it. but until then which was a few months only warzone was the best 3dgame out there. I had quite some fun with create a wrestlerbultje112
What other game does WCW/nWo World Tour most feel like? for example, WCW Mayhem, SmackDown! 2, WCW Vs. The World etc.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]
GameCube is even more so, although a lot of the games weren't strictly wrestling and were just wrestling based. Finally, someone who agrees on War Zone :PSpinnerweb
Ohh, seems like there is so many games to get! :P. The funny thing about Warzone is, even though it was released before Attitude, it feels like it flows better in my opinion. Not only that, but the atmosphere of the game just seems a lot better in my opinion. One of the things that annoyed me though was that you couldn't pick your opponent(s)! haha :P. Having The Headbangers vs. Kane and Mosh wasn't the ideal match :lol:. .

The only thing I didn't like about the game because the Hardy Boyz weren't included in it. Other than that, it was near-perfect.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

[QUOTE="bultje112"] Looks like I am going to have to! :P. But those games weren't bad, at least in my opinion. Attitude is fun, and Warzone even more so. [QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]GameCube is even more so, although a lot of the games weren't strictly wrestling and were just wrestling based. Finally, someone who agrees on War Zone :PAshley_wwe
Ohh, seems like there is so many games to get! :P. The funny thing about Warzone is, even though it was released before Attitude, it feels like it flows better in my opinion. Not only that, but the atmosphere of the game just seems a lot better in my opinion. One of the things that annoyed me though was that you couldn't pick your opponent(s)! haha :P. Having The Headbangers vs. Kane and Mosh wasn't the ideal match :lol:.
warzone was pretty fun when it came out but as soon as wcw vs nwo world tour and vpw64 came out it wiped the floor with it. but until then which was a few months only warzone was the best 3dgame out there. I had quite some fun with create a wrestlerbultje112
What other game does WCW/nWo World Tour most feel like? for example, WCW Mayhem, SmackDown! 2, WCW Vs. The World etc.

The Aki wrestling games, like WCW vs NWO World Tour, WCW vs NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF Wrestlemania No Mercy don't really play like any of those wrestling games. The reason that the Aki wrestling games are so great is because of the engine they run on. Everything flows so smoothly, and the controls are amongst the best in any wrestling engine. It really is wrestling done to perfection on video games, nothing else really even comes close. You should really get these games if you're into wrestling games, they are the best of the best. If you've played Def Jam Vendetta on GC or PS2, the controls in the Aki games are very similar to that.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"] Looks like I am going to have to! :P. But those games weren't bad, at least in my opinion. Attitude is fun, and Warzone even more so. [QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]GameCube is even more so, although a lot of the games weren't strictly wrestling and were just wrestling based. Finally, someone who agrees on War Zone :PAshley_wwe

wcw vs the world. but a lot better. it used that engine though