Best E3 Showing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Holywarriortim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Holywarriortim
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

Ok people, who had the best showing at E3? Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo? Let's be civil about this...qualify your answer.

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
Sony and Microsoft both had decent E3s. Nintendo as usual, fails to deliver anything much. This decade has been mediocre for Nintendo from a gamer's point of view.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

#3- Nintendo: While miles better than last year, I just felt bored with their conference. Once again, we already know that Nintendo wants to break the line that divides sterotypical gamers and other people, so we don't need to hear anything about it. Even when they announced some new games, they did it in such an anti-climatic way, and boring I might add, which just completely ruins the mood. The only exception I'll give to this was Metroid: Other M. The first new game, New Super Mario Brothers Wii, was announced without a smile, laughter, or anything. While Nintendo did much better than last year, they still didn't meet that demand.

#2- Microsoft: First off, they spent WAY, WAY too much time on Rockband: The Beetles. We get the point that it was in demand, and that it'll be popular, but it was just too drawn out. While showing off many games, including Modern Warfare 2, Alan Wake, and Halo 3: ODST, they all seemed to be rushed in order to make room for Microsoft's secret weapon: The Natal. I will flat out say that Natal did impress me, but I would have liked to see more gametime for the other games.

#1- Sony: Like Microsoft, Sony focused too much on one thing: The PSP and PSP Go. While I personally don't care about their handheld that much, the reason why Sony won for me is because they showed off the better games, and the better gameplay for them. However, one thing I didn't like was Sony's motion control device. First off, it was a proto-type, which to me, seemed like a waste of time if it was that young in development. Overall though, I did like the trailers for their games better, and their demos.

Hockeystud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Hockeystud92
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

i have a 360 and ps3 and both microsoft and sony showed great stuff like microsofft showd alen wake and taht joy ride game and alot of others and sony showed stuff to like the last guardian and the kart racing game well i think sony did a lil better sry microsoft.

Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Well i have to say that i liked microsofts the best, i only watched sony's because i own a psp, i agree with you ^ there, microsoft DID spend wayyy too much time on beetles rockband, i dont even like the beetles or rockband for that matter. I didnt even bother watching Nintendos press conference, because i had a feeling that they didnt have too much up their sleeves, and for gods sake, how many times is this that theyve remade Super Mario Bros.? Theyre really going to have to come up with something new, because so far microsoft AND sony have blown them to bits. Not saying that Nintendo will go under, just that theyll have the least popular system/franchises.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

if you just go by what was shown at their conferences, i didnt feel anybody stood out over the other. but if you look at all of them and the 3rd parties together, sony had a pretty awesome e3. the last guardian, gow3, mgs, ffxiii, ffxiv, uncharted 2, and castlevania were all pure win. im sure plenty of people are excited about their rockstar exclusive (though im not really a fan of the studio).

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

I liked Microsoft's the most. They should a fantastic selection of games including but not limited to Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, Forza 3, Final Fantasy XIII, and Metal Gear Rising. Then there was Natal which looks very cool and a lot of potential.

Holywarriortim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Holywarriortim
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

OK, here is my take on E3...I thought the whole thing was borderline boring. I guess to me, it seems like we are getting to the point where all the games coming out are rehashes of older games. Sure, there may be improvements to the games that may make them worthy of a purchase, but we need more original games. There was no Little Big PLanet this year.

I did enjoy Microsoft's showing a little better than the rest. I liked the Natal demo, especially the Peter Molyneaux (sp?) Milo portion of the demo. That was just plain mind numbing. I also liked the tweaks they showed with the Live service like the ability to now have chat parties while watching movies, and the being able to play games like Joy Ride with your friends, even if they don't have a map that you have. That is a trend that I hope other games take to.

I did like the looks of the new PSP. I have one of the original PSP's that is about worn out...maybe it is time for an upgrade.

As for Nintendo...I feel that the Wii is a novelty which will wear off soon. I have had one for quite some time now, and it mostly sits. Not even my kidsplay with it anymore. So, there is really nothing out of the Nintendo camp that excites me anymore. I am still waiting for the SDNES...Super Duper Nintendo Entertainment System...with some old school Mario, Zelda, and SQUARE games.