This topic is locked from further discussion.

ESPM400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ESPM400
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
Have you ever gotten pissed off and rage quit after going only slightly out of your 'comfort zone' of games? For example; I'm a huge sim racing fan, Gran Turismo with PS2 and Forza with the 360, but I'm also a fan of the arcade racers like Tokyo Extreme Drift and the Need for Speed series'. Recently I got a copy of Ridge Racer Unbounded for PC and it got to the point where after an hour of gameplay, I just said 'screw it,' deleted the game, and was glad it was only a five dollar waste.
xxBenblasterxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 xxBenblasterxx
Member since 2013 • 98 Posts

I recently got burned by Dark Souls, I decided to shell out £20 for the prepare to die edition based on the fact that i'd enjoyed games of a similar genre and that it was surrounded by ablot of praise and fan recognition, however i found i just couldnt connect with the game i found it slow and clunky and the world drab and dull. £20 Not well spent :( but i suppose its a risk we take with everything, you're not always assured that you will enjoy a movies when you buy the ticket 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

l dont have much time to game but what time i do have to play games i tend to not get myself burnt out.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I bought some RTS game on PSN for half price ($10).  I don't play RTS games, I don't have a clue what I'm doing.  After a couple hours I quit because I was just getting killed constantly.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I remember rage quitting on Mount and Blade like 3 or 4 years ago when it came out. It looked so bad, low production values, and the combat was so freaking hard and confusing. It (or Warband expansion) is now my most played game on Steam since I got it late last year. Such a good game.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I bought Street Fighter IV a while ago for 20 bucks and felt I was getting a good deal since it was a new copy. I couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. I eventually got rid of it.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Assassins Creed 3,I loved the other's but this I just found dull,and couldn't get into it.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I was really disappointed in Skyrim. I deleted it off my harddrive after a day.

What a load of crap that game is. It's just Oblivion with nicer graphics and dragons. That's not enough to make it a true sequel.

They fixed NONE of the real problems Oblivion had.

I'm pretty sure the people who like Skyrim are fooled into thinking they like it because of all the hype and attention it gets. "LOLOLOL ARROW TO THE KNEE!!!!"

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Assassins Creed 3,I loved the other's but this I just found dull,and couldn't get into it.

CUDGEdave

All the Assassin's Creed games are so monotonous. I don't understand why people like them so much.

I wasted money on AC 1 and 2. I'm not falling for it again with 3.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

Probably because I buy very few games, I never rage or get angry about my games.  

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

GeoffZak

All the Assassin's Creed games are so monotonous. I don't understand why people like them so much.

I wasted money on AC 1 and 2. I'm not falling for it again with 3.

Different tastes. For one thing I really hate anime, I think the industry has run its course and now it is nothing but a disgusting shell of its former self, but you obviously like the medium, putting something as blend as Angel Beats as your sig. Does that make you wrong? I hope so, but sadly it is a no, because different tastes exist.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#13 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Before I ever stepped on to any gaming site and learned of Call of Duty's reputation, I bought Black Ops for $50. Why? Because other people were talking about it. And I had no FPSs and wanted to shoot stuff. Yeah, that's it. It was a big mistake, I got bored with the game very quickly. It wasn't my cup of tea. I'm also finding it really hard to get in to Demon Souls and Borderlands. And I won't even get in to those crappy games I bought as a kid just because I thought the covers looked cool...

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#14 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
GT5 was kind of a mistake for me. It was my first driving sim kind of game, and I just couldn't get into it at all. I didn't learn my lesson apparently because I rented Dirt 3 and found it to be extremely dull. I guess I'll be sticking to arcade-styled racers from now on.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#15 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

The only bad choices I've made in recent memory have been easy to digest. Since I borrow a lot of games from the library, I get to try out games before I buy them. The games I do buy are ones I know will not let me down. I am glad I haven't had to shell out cash for big time turds of a game the likes of MiB:AC, because I would have mailed it back to Activision with a special gift enclosed. Hint, it's mentioned in this post.

Â