Assassin’s Creed series getting two releases in 2014!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Damn ! gimme a goddamn break Ubisoft!

Ubisoft pulled it off with AC IV Black Flag but seriously two AAA in ONE year ?! can't they just F-wait a little bit more to give sth fresh and new ?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/19/assassins-creed-series-getting-two-releases-in-2014-report/

One for current gen and one for Next-gen ONLY (X1 n PS4) .

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

That's too much Assassin's Creed for me. I can't keep up with the yearly releases any more, and I've lost interest with the story. I'm still considering playing Black Flag eventually because the response to it has seemed rather positive, but by the time I get to it the next game(s) will almost be out.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

This is just getting ridiculous at this point.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mjorh said:

Ubisoft pulled it off with AC IV Black Flag but seriously two AAA in ONE year ?! can't they just F-wait a little bit more to give sth fresh and new ?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/19/assassins-creed-series-getting-two-releases-in-2014-report/

Before you run like a storm with rumours try reading the article.

First there is nothing about those "projects" being full fledge AAA games and not just DLC´s for Black Flag like the one with Adewale. After all they did sell a Season Pass with Black Flag or smaller mobile games.

So lets see when there is more info, but i will agree that if its another AAA AC game they need to relax because they are killing the franchise.

We all like cake but noone eats cake everyday.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mjorh

@Jacanuk said:

@mjorh said:

Before you run like a storm with rumours try reading the article.

First there is nothing about those "projects" being full fledge AAA games and not just DLC´s for Black Flag like the one with Adewale. After all they did sell a Season Pass with Black Flag or smaller mobile games.

So lets see when there is more info, but i will agree that if its another AAA AC game they need to relax because they are killing the franchise.

We all like cake but no one eats cake everyday.

Nice quote and thanks for the advice.

Based on what we know about Ubisoft ,it looks damn true because they're so much interested in this franchise n it's extraordinary potential for financial aspects

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 Zijuun
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

The second AC is just going to be another ****ty add-on to the series like AC3 and Liberation, but we'll see.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

I haven't even bothered finishing Black Flag, another one will certainly be out of the question for me. If it wasn't for a free copy with my GPU I would've skipped Black Flag anyways. It's all jam over stale bread if you ask me.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@SoNin360: You captured my thoughts verbatim.

I was hoping they would announce a 3DS AC. Looks like I'm disappointed again.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

a yearly release is too much for me to begin with so whether it's 1 or 2 AC games in a year doesn't effect me much. i get tired of these series' that continue because they are expected to put out new titles in a set time frame.

i never really liked the original AC but i've heard that it's sequels got a lot of things right. i've entertained the idea of trying the series again, but the knowledge that there are so many of them already and that the number will only continue to rapidly grow makes the whole prospect seem daunting (and i suppose it makes me question the relevance of more than a few of the titles).

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mjorh

About AC IV , i have to say give it a shot especially naval combats! freaking awesome and unique , all i wanna do in this game is just playing with jackdaw!

@LoG-Sacrament said:

a yearly release is too much for me to begin with so whether it's 1 or 2 AC games in a year doesn't effect me much. i get tired of these series' that continue because they are expected to put out new titles in a set time frame.

i never really liked the original AC but i've heard that it's sequels got a lot of things right. i've entertained the idea of trying the series again, but the knowledge that there are so many of them already and that the number will only continue to rapidly grow makes the whole prospect seem daunting (and i suppose it makes me question the relevance of more than a few of the titles).

Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood i believe are the best and this one just for its naval battles and beautiful graphics .

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

oh well.. i hope it will be in japan, an assassin with a samurai will be cool

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I think you guys don't understand how big Assassin's Creed is. About a thousand people along with multiple development studios are working on Assassin's Creed games every year. I believe the Assassin's Creed franchise has the biggest development team ever for video games. With so much man power behind the franchice, you're damn right Ubisoft is going to release as many games as possible.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Given the very low big sellers they have (Seriously besides Rayman what else do they make that sells?) I can understand taking what you have and milking it for what it's worth.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14  Edited By Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm so tired of this crap. Sequel after sequel after sequel and now we're even doubling the number of sequels!!! And I'm supposed to pay $400 or $500 to play this milked-to-death rubbish.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

Haha...I guess they are going for the strategy of "if we make enough of them, then surely we will make a good one eventually."

No thanks jeff

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

I still haven't played 3. Now that the series is churning out game after game, I've lost interest.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mjorh

@JangoWuzHere said:

I think you guys don't understand how big Assassin's Creed is. About a thousand people along with multiple development studios are working on Assassin's Creed games every year. I believe the Assassin's Creed franchise has the biggest development team ever for video games. With so much man power behind the franchice, you're damn right Ubisoft is going to release as many games as possible.

You've got a point but every franchise needs a break u know they can use that man power for other projects like Prince of Persia .

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@mjorh said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

You've got a point but every franchise needs a break u know they can use that man power for other projects like Prince of Persia .

Assassin's Creed is a far more profitable franchise then Prince of Persia. All of the Assassin's Creed games have been well recieved from critics and the general audience. They have no reason to take a break if most people are enjoying them. The annual release hate on Assassin's Creed is no where near as large as say Call of Duty.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mjorh

@JangoWuzHere said:

@mjorh said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Assassin's Creed is a far more profitable franchise then Prince of Persia. All of the Assassin's Creed games have been well recieved from critics and the general audience. They have no reason to take a break if most people are enjoying them. The annual release hate on Assassin's Creed is no where near as large as say Call of Duty.

You're right , i'm more pissed off at this" two releases in ONE year" thing ,as i said above AC IV is a great game n i give thumbs up to Ubisoft for that and all i'm saying is giving it more time may be a better option .

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

Where do you have this number from?

But who cares how big the team is, if Ubisoft keep coming out with AC named game after AC named game, its only natural that people will be tired and look for something else.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#21 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

2 releases is OK with me-- I just have an XBox One, so I'll go with the AC for that. I got rid of my 360 when the Xbone came out.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

I suspect one is for the portable consoles, but I won't be surprised if the other one is another main entry.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JangoWuzHere

@Jacanuk said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Where do you have this number from?

But who cares how big the team is, if Ubisoft keep coming out with AC named game after AC named game, its only natural that people will be tired and look for something else.

http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-4-game-director-we-ve-had-over-900-people-work-on-this-game

Have you ever sat through the credits of an Assassin's Creed game post AC2? They're huge

Ubisoft probably isn't too worried about the state of Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed will also eventually end while something like Call of Duty will continue until it dies.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

This is getting out of hand.

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
EmpiresDownfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EmpiresDownfall
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

As long as theyre decent titles, then thats fine with me. I bought Black Flag when it came out but I still havent gotten around to even playing it. I have a 16 month old boy and a full time job so I dont get to play near as much as I used to. Maybe next week I'll start it, ha.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#26 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Well, after this year's Assassin's Creed goes Far Cry there will be the Splinter Cell-situated version, then that emulating Rayman, and so on...

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Well, we're getting Assassin's Creed Liberation HD in January (in the UK and on PS3 anyway), so that will likely be one of the games. Then there's the annual Assassin's Creed entry that we've come to expect. Personally, I freaking LOVE the series, and have Liberation HD already pre-ordered on the PlayStation Store.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

And I'll be youtubing both of them.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mjorh

@luke1889 said:

Well, we're getting Assassin's Creed Liberation HD in January (in the UK and on PS3 anyway), so that will likely be one of the games. Then there's the annual Assassin's Creed entry that we've come to expect. Personally, I freaking LOVE the series, and have Liberation HD already pre-ordered on the PlayStation Store.

I think AC Liberation doesn't count here, actually they wanna have two brand new games...

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

@mjorh said:

@luke1889 said:

I think AC Liberation doesn't count here, actually they wanna have two brand new games...

Even better, haha. I'm the kind of AC fan that Ubisoft loves.