Are you easily pleased with games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Are you easily pleased with games and enjoy a huge number of games or do you expect only the best from your gaming purchases. And criticise every little thing

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I definitely criticize every little thing. Though if the core gameplay is really fantastic, I'll endure a lot of bugs and crap and still enjoy it a lot.

I think a lot of my disappointment in games comes from A) vastly overhyped by the developer / publisher before release and B) reviews written by fanboys who don't mention any of the negatives and make stuff sound like it's much much better than it actually is.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I try to give a game some space for mistake. I am not one of those people that make a one type slow down in the frame rate into being a game breaker.

Also I found that those that are the most critical with error or down side are the ones that does not even like that type of game. Meanwhile, they will over look the same error in games they like.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9873 Posts
I'm very forgiving and have enjoyed every game I've played almost. Not that I think they are equally good. I also experiment to find a way to play the game that is the most fun for me, which may sound a bit silly. But I've found the experiencec is greatly affected by how I approach it. Sometimes adding a little extra artificial challenge can make the difference.
GalaxySpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GalaxySpectre
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
I'm easily pleased with games. I always cringe when people nitpick little things about them. I'm more tolerant than most people.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I just don't get hyped up for games (at least not many), that way I find it easier to be less critical of them when they do suck, but I mean take Duke Nukem Forever, that game will not live up to the hype surrounding it, 12 years is a long time and I think most people will be disappointed, but me I just let it go, haven't really gotten excited for it, this way I'll probably be able to enjoy it more, instead of criticizing every little thing that isn't 100% like it was in the older games.

That and I don't get how people can get angry over every little thing, like Sonic's eyes been green in Sonic 4 was a reason for many people not to buy the game, WTF?

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I'll criticize a game for every little thing in my head. Like if there's glitch where my character doesn't do what I want or if I think the voice acting sucks something like that. But I won't stop enjoying the game because of it. If I were to write a review for that game or recommend it to some one, I would not mention them if I liked the game. Because people tend to focus on the negatives whenever they hear them and when they do, it can stop them from enjoying the game.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

That and I don't get how people can get angry over every little thing, like Sonic's eyes been green in Sonic 4 was a reason for many people not to buy the game, WTF?

spike6958

Those people aren't even included in this thread because its insane to think about things like that. Frame rates and graphics are understandable.

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts

I'm usually more critical of a game if it's been recommended or hyped up before hand.

rikimaru93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rikimaru93
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

Recently I've found it hard for a game to please me. The graphics usually amaze me for the first few minutes but then I realize the gameplay is the same from everything I've played in the last decade.

That being said, games usually only please me when they bring something new to the table. Demon's Souls is one of few games that have done this for me in the past 2 generations.

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

Easily pleased for sure. I'll find a way to like pretty much any game I play.

It's not that I don't see the flaws, I just tend to not whine about them.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Depends, if I'm short on spare time for some reason I'll only play REALLY good games I like. Otherwise yeah, I'm easily pleased.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#13 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I don't go out of my way and start yelling about how a game stinks, but I'll notice if it does and not play it. I don't anticipate the best all the time. It really depends on the game.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Low expectations means more games meet those expectations, which means I enjoy more games. Only seems logical, really, to be easily pleased with games. Why would I prefer not to enjoy a game than to enjoy it?

alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I usually do a lot of research before playing a game, so I'm usually pleased, but when I do play a game I don't like, I'll criticize everything about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

it is alittle more complicated then that for me.

For me it is how well that the parts blend with eachother.

If a game has awesome graphics, amazing story, fantastic sound, good apmosphere, and amazing gameplay but it fits the parts together badly, or streamlined, then I will not really be able to like it.

If the different evelemts are average or good at best, but fits really well together, then I will almost always like it.

If a game has a good grade, it is far more likely to catch flak from me, becasue if it gets a 9 or a 10 then I demand it to be completely awesome, which mostly is not the case, on average the better scoring games seem to be inflated by hype, or ease.

If it scores low, im willing to give it some slack, or atleast the benefit of a doubt.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#17 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
It depends if the problems with the game make it frustrating for me to play. If I start cussing at it when I die as a result of a game's flaw, then I won't be that please even if the rest of the game shines. I'm very critical with a game's mechanics. For me to be forgiving, the game has to have some ridiculously incredible strengths. For instance, Shadow of the Colossus had so many performance issues, I didn't care because the majesty of the game was too much to ignore.
Krustbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krustbox
Member since 2009 • 190 Posts

I'm fairly easily pleased with games. I suppose in total i don't play enough games overall to really compare and scrutinize every little detail. But i surely can tell what a game is truly bad.

Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

For the most part I'm easily pleased. I can laugh at a poorly written plot and am not bothered much by poor graphics or shallow gameplay (to an extent). Irritating sound effects or poor controls are usually game breakers though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts
for the most part I'm pleased, I try to pick out games I think I'll enjoy and I seem to do okay with that, every once in a while there's a stinker though, mostly games that get tons of praise due to gamer politics but in the end they're just mediocre titles
XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

I'm normally pleased with most games. Now if it's a game or series that I can't wait for or that I love I'll be a little critical on certain mistakes, if any, that I see.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
Usually when i play a game, I reserve judgment until I decide whether the game is fun or not. If I'm having a blast, I easily overlook niggling bugs and inconsistencies. On the other hand, if I'm not enjoying myself or I'm getting bored, i tend to nitpick the hell out of the game.