Are there any companies that you won't buy games from?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts

I refuse to buy any EA games since they bought out the rights to the NFL, becasue ESPN was making a better football games and they got scarred. I really hate this because I love LOTR and EA owns their rights.

Chilled_AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chilled_AB
Member since 2008 • 568 Posts
Well I don't have anything against a company I will just buy games that appeal to me. EA are not all bad I mean I love the SSX games which is made by EA. I can tell you that I would by any game from Bandai Namco, they are my favourite developers :D
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Naw, I'll buy a game from any developer as long as it's good. And I won't buy a game just because it's by a developer who makes another game I like. Even the best developers, like square enix, nintendo, etc, have put out plenty of trash.
FireEmbIem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmbIem
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts
I make a few exceptions, but I try not to buy games from Activison or Ubisoft. Most of their games seem uninspired. One of the only Ubisoft games I own is Beyond Good and Evil. It's definitely a gem.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

I make a few exceptions, but I try not to buy games from Activison or Ubisoft. Most of their games seem uninspired. One of the only Ubisoft games I own is Beyond Good and Evil. It's definitely a gem. FireEmbIem

I would replace activision/ubisoft in what you said with EA :)

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Heck no. Games are games and I won't play them just because some company that has a bad rep with nerds is publishing it.

P.S. I'm not calling you nerds so don't come flamming.

cbjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cbjones
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Midway and Atari due to their lack of quality. I might be the only person alive who never lacked the Mortal Kombat series or it's gimmicky gush-tastic play mechanics. Atari's "best" games now a days are DBZ related.... ....Thats just plain sad.
krypton04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 krypton04
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't flat-out refuse a game company, but I look at any game with Atart, Midway, or Actvision with a fair bit of skepticism.

EA has a pretty well defined track record, you pretty much know what you're gonna get with each of their franchises. So I just buy what I know.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#9 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Out of principle? Eidos.

I generally don't pay much attention to what company is publishing any given game, though. If it's a game I'm interested in I'll play it, and I don't really care whose logo is plastered on the box.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Out of principle? Eidos.

I generally don't pay much attention to what company is publishing any given game, though. If it's a game I'm interested in I'll play it, and I don't really care whose logo is plastered on the box.

DJ_Lae

Isn't Eidos basically banking on the Tomb Raider franchise at this point? I can't think of any other games that they released in the last few years that were worth checking out.

fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts
Of course not. That's ridiculous. If I think the game is going to be fun and worth buying, I really don't care whose name is on the box.
jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts

Naw, I'll buy a game from any developer as long as it's good. And I won't buy a game just because it's by a developer who makes another game I like. Even the best developers, like square enix, nintendo, etc, have put out plenty of trash.UT_Wrestler

Well said.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Not that I WON'T, but I usually pass on anything by EA, Activision, Midway, Ubisoft, and Eidos.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts
Not really. I mean, if I see a company has been releasing more or less the same crap (or just crap) for a while, I'll probably be less likely to buy a game from them, but all the same, if they release a fantastic game, there's nothing stopping me from buying it.
bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts

Nope, but I will never buy game at full prices from most of the bigger companies, though.

I have paid attention to hhow EA didn't full patch up BF2 and abandoned it pretty quickly as they released 2142.

Activision miliking our franchises, so they most likely will abandon COD4 when the new one comes out next year.

Ubisoft and their buggy PC ports.

So most of the time, I just wait for price drops.

I would buy games from Blizzard day one. Waiting for D3. They support their games for a long time.

I am also hearing good things about Stardock, and like how they released free updates for GC 2, because they sold more than expected. They rewarded the Customers! OMG! And ofcourse no stinky Copy protection.

So I would buy a game from them at full price, though I am waiting for their fantasy game due 2009.

FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
eidos and rockstar. and what happened to crystal dynamics? i wouldn't buy from them either.
Trekeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Trekeith
Member since 2002 • 123 Posts

Unless the game was GOTY worthy, I would avoid buying anything from Gamecock. The immature publicity stunts they have pulled off have really soured me.

hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hair001
Member since 2005 • 1202 Posts
Not really, although I'm a little suspicious of Edios after the whole Kane and Lynch episode (we still don't know what happened, and it's harly as if they are alone in their behavior. As far as the EA hate goes it's quite frankly rediculous. People whinge about their franchises, but who cares? Why is EA singled out on this if you do care? They put out high quality innovative titles as part of their portfolio and support their studios, so whats with the hate?
Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

I don't buy PC Games from Ubisoft or Microsoft since they usually lack effort, support, and especially optimization.

And If I buy a Console game published or developed by Ubisoft, Microsoft, or even Activision, I make sure to get them used.
Probably the only exception of a game I bought new from any of those publishers was Beyond Good & Evil, that's it.

In fact, I get a large number of my Console games used except when I really want to support the Developer or even the Publisher.

fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts
nope, my favorite companys are ubisoft, nintendo, and ea games
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
I would never buy an America's Army game, or something paid for by the Defense Department as a recruiting tool. Corporations are evil, but when the organization's main purpose is to go kill people, it takes it to another level....I don't want to play any part in it.