are console strategy games on the upswing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Prodigy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Prodigy_basic
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

first off, i've played exactly one strategy game before posting this, so maybe i'm not the most reliable person out there regarding how good strategy games are, and i'm not one to consult on differences between playing these games on PC and console...

with that said, with the universal praise civilization revolution is getting, along with the good reviews c&c3: tiberium wars got for the 360/ps3, does anyone else think that strategy games can find a permanent home on consoles, and maybe even recognized as some of the best titles on consoles down the line? i'm looking at footage from tom clancy's endwar, as well as halo wars, and i'm finding them quite impressive...maybe they're just a start of what's to come in the future...

as a strategy game noob, now seems like the perfect time to start getting into this genre...i guess it's a good thing that i don't game on the pc since i'm still hearing complaints about how it doesn't control as well on a controller...but having played battle for middle earth II on a controller, i actually found the controls very manageable...so i'm very much looking forward to how titles like halo wars and tom clancy's endwar turn out...

anyone else in the same position i am?

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
I really hope so, because I think that there have been some really good attempts at it. We will see when World in Conflict, and Endwar come out. Hopefully it its good!!!
Prodigy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Prodigy_basic
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

yeah, hopefully

although watching MS revealed their heavy hitters during their conference, most of them were sequels to popular franchises anyway like gears of war 2, finaly fantasy XIII, fable 2, etc...that's all well and good but i'm happy that i'll be introducing myself to a new genre of games in addition to playing these sequels...

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
I'm looking forward to Endwar.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
Member since 2005 • 3113 Posts

In my opinion yes and no.

Yes that we will be seeing more and more RTSs on consoles, but no in that i think that while consoles may get a handful or so if you want to be able to play the most RTSs the PC will always be the dominant platform for them in terms of numbers and quality of games.

gshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gshell
Member since 2002 • 1381 Posts

lately i find myself playing more rts games because i'm bored with action games. i bought civilazation revolution and i'm having a blast. i hope it continues.