anyone here in college right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

By next fall, I'm going to college. So I was wondering if anyone here still plays games while doing other stuff like working, and homework for college. Should I even bother to bring my ps3 or xbox 360?

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts

By next fall, I'm going to college. So I was wondering if anyone here still plays games while doing other stuff like working, and homework for college. Should I even bother to bring my ps3 or xbox 360?

TheShadowLord07
I graduated from college in December and let me tell you, we had TONS of time for games. I'm not saying I was the best student, but even friends of mine who were tremendous students would gather to play video games. I was employed through my entire college career and still had time. I'm in a fraternity and lived at the fraternity house for a couple years and people would gather to play Mario Kart on the N64 and the Wii. Trust me, you'll have time and if you have games that are good for groups, you'll make new friends too. Just don't be a shut in who only does his homework and plays video games. College is an amazing experience so get the most out of it.
cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
Nah I am not in college yet but I will be going pretty soon..but from what I have heard you'll have some time for gaming lol.
Slashfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Slashfan10
Member since 2008 • 1242 Posts

Yes, I will be a senior this fall. And yes you should bring your games. I play them a lot when not doing schoolwork. It is a great way to relax with friends or even by yourself if you wish. You will have plenty of time for gaming.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Even if you're a highly industrious student, you will still find time to play a game now and then. It may depend somewhat on the type of program you enter, of course. I imagine a top-flight engineering program might consume more of your time than a mid-ranked program in, for example, the humanities or social sciences (just a guess).
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
World of Warcraft dominated my freshmen and college years. Make sure you have your priorities straight. You will should have time to relax and play games. Just be sure to close and lock your door so your console doesn't get jacked.
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
I'm also going to college this fall and i'm taking my ps3 with me so me and my friends (a couple of friends are going with me to the same college) will play on it. As long as you study and get everything in your dorm and homework and stuff done, you'll have time.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
Just be sure to close and lock your door so your console doesn't get jacked.Mafiree
I didn't have this problem with my systems or games, but I had some movies get stolen while I was in college. It was probably all harmless like "oh I'm gonna borrow this and then bring it right back" and then they forget and I lose my copy of Fight Club
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="Mafiree"]Just be sure to close and lock your door so your console doesn't get jacked.CNUrGames
I didn't have this problem with my systems or games, but I had some movies get stolen while I was in college. It was probably all harmless like "oh I'm gonna borrow this and then bring it right back" and then they forget and I lose my copy of Fight Club

It all depends who is around. Someone who shared a commonroom with me had their CD player jacked when I was dormin it up.
Avatar image for Love_Hina_Lover
Love_Hina_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Love_Hina_Lover
Member since 2002 • 4381 Posts

Im a 4th year university student(CS) who works 2 part time jobs, has 0 loans(minus a $1000 credit card), plays wow raiding(doing 25 man uld, 10 man uld), owns his own car, has a 3.4 gpa, and i have bought about 40 game so far this year.

Is this life for everybody? No im a workaholic, im constantly exhausted, tired, have no social life, very little time for friends, but when i finish school this year ill be debt free and enjoy life. Anyone who complains they cant do 1 part time job and attend university/college is full of it and lazy IMO

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#11 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I've been in College/Graduate School for the past 9 years now. I haven't stopped gaming. Most of the people I went to school with as an undergraduate gamed. I was one of two people on campus freshman year that had a PS2 in the first week of school. My room was quite popular. I also know there were crazy Unreal and Halo tournaments around campus in addition to Super Smash Bros Melee.

You're gonna walk into a hallway where at least someone is playing Madden/Halo/Call of Duty at any given time of the day as a freshman. Trust me.

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

Ive been doing a photography degree for two years now, just about to enter my final year, and I have had plenty of time / money for games. (Granted, I dont like going out too much, and I dont drink - so I may have different recreational priorities ;) ) Gaming helped me make friends and was great for relaxation. I probably would have gamed less if I was able to get a job, though (the area Im in is pretty seasonal with its part time jobs).

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Having just graduated, I can say that there will be sufficient time. Even if you do your work first, there will still be a lot of downtime to play games.