Anyone heard of GUITAR FREAKS? Guitar Hero took Idea and perfected.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Masterdj1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Masterdj1992
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/action/guitarfreaks/index.html?tag=tabs;summary

That is the link to Guitar Freaks. It was a game released on the PS1. Read the summary, look at the pics, and tell me your opinion on it if you've played it. I was shocked to see that a guitar game existed before Guitar Hero. I believe they may have taken Guitar Freaks Idea...

Whatever, if you've got some funny joke, go ahead and post it, I will repost it somewhere else and you will never get the credit.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Guitar Freaks is just part of Konami's Benami series. Completely different

Guitar Hero is not, it is just the extension of Frequency and Amplitude

Now that Harmonix works with EA, expect more wackiness in the Rock Band mold, since Sony owns the rights to Wavelength, the third game of the Frequency series.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

I have seen the arcade version of the game way back then. Before I bought GH1 I thought Konami (the dev of GF) made the game but I was wrong. I seems Harmonix and Red Octane took the idea of GF to create GH

holysocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 holysocks
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts
I have guitar freaks 1-4 and v2. I'm not sure how many was released for consoles but that's all I could get my hands on. GF 2 and onwards come with drummania, which is the drum part of the Benami series. I like GF better because of the wider variety of songs with lots of great original stuck-in-your-head songs. It also requires more accuracy and is generally more challenging than GH. And yes, GH guitar works with GF.