Anybody actually take care of their games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts
I usually buy brand new but from time to time, I'll browse through used games and see scratches, fingerprints and missing instruction manuals. Makes me wonder what the hell do people do with the discs when they're not playing them...especially if they brought them new for $50 - $60. How hard is it to put the disc and booklet back in the case? I have a few games from PS1 still in mint condition.
Suikojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Suikojin
Member since 2005 • 333 Posts

I take great care of my games. None have scratches unless I bought them used. I get so annoyed when I buy a used game and it has scratches on it. Makes me wonder what all these people do with the games to get them that way! I mean it isn't hard to keep your games in good condition.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts
lately i take good care of my games...my PS2 games aren't filled with scratch but they are missing manuals and 2 dont have the discs so i only have a box :/ ...all the rest of my consoles are fine though
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I keep all of the disks either in the case or in a larger multi disk carrying case. No reason for them to ever get scratched
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I keep everything in good condition. My textbooks are in good shape, My laptop looks good, My cell phone looks good, my pillow looks good. Ofcourse my games look great too however I like to lend my games and sometimes the person looses the manual or some games come in a cardboard case and they happen to return the game without the cardboard box and I get upset -.- like.. what the hell? is it so hard not to loose something or break it that can't even move! ?

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I'm OCD about my games.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#7 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Yep, I always verify the integrity of the game files and defrag the game cache regularly for my Steam games.
leapMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 leapMC
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

I used to abuse my Gamecube and Xbox games but once I got my PlayStation 2 that all changed. I leant out my copy of nfs: carbon to a bud of mine and they returned it a couple of weeks later with a giant gash in the case plastic and the disk was a little scratched up from coastering. I'll still lend them my games though, it's better to share then being stuck up over a plastic disk. :)

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
My games are my precious shinies. My babies. My beautiful little friends. I care for them in gentle and loving ways.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm a freakin' nazi about taking care of my games.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Yes, I don't even touch the instruction booklet and the case never gets fingerprints on them. Buying a game "used" from me is essentially buying it new with no shrink wrap.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Yeah, I do. I always take care of my games. I always put the discs back into the game cases and put them back on the shelf. All of my games are in alphabeltical order, so I can keep track of them and get them out easier. It irritates me when I walk into someone's game room and see their discs literally all over the floor and not in their game cases, not where they are supposed to be. It's sad!

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

I try to but my ******* brother feels compelled to wipe his palms all over my discs and just leave them wherever the hell he wants.

In fact I recall when he was like four I caught himsliding on the floor with two DVD's on his feet as if they were ****** rollerskates!!

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

I don't understand it either. All my games are in immaculate condition, and baffles me how people treat their games. Especially PSP games. The disc is actually in a case, yet you see scratches and fingermarks :|

Avatar image for BattleforAzerot
BattleforAzerot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleforAzerot
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts

I keep my games all in theyr original boxes. Always. Though i don't have many retail games really, mostly just steam releases. But i have some retail PC games and around 10 PS3/PS2 titles. I always put discc back to original box when removing it from my system.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#16 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I generally take care of my games, but I do have a bad habit of leaving them out with the play side up.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HipHopBeats

At worse, I used to leave games in the console (PS2, GameCube) but ever since these new generation consoles arrived and started having problems with overheating and disc getting stuck in the console, it just became 2nd nature to eject the disc and put it back in the case once I'm done playing. Even with big maps like in GTA games, I might look at it but fold it up and place it back in the case.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

yea i let them collect dust sometimes i use them to play frisby with my dog.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Yea people are weird with games, or just discs in general. I rememeber when i would rent games that had crazy amount of scratches on them, or didnt work, or had no instructions. Same thing for used games. I always wondered what the hell people do with these things. Everything i own is 100% mint condition.

People need to realize discs are very, very sensitive. One scratch could be the end of that disc.People these days just throw their discs around like frisbies, leave them upside down laying out in the open, on their tables/floors, put their hand & their fingers all over the discs. In generall they show these things no repect & have asbolutely know idea how to take care of things.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Mine are either in the PS3 or in the box. Disks are only handled by the edges.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
I use game disks as beer coasters when I'm not playing frisbee with them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I tend to take really good care of my games yeah, I dislike scratches and such.

Games are relatively expencive and I always buy my games new. So it annoys me to no end if one of them breaks.

I am no person with alot of order in my life tho, while the games are in a shelf they are rarely sorted, just, I want them to be as mint as can be inside the case, manual, disk and what else.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I agree. It's annoying to check out the used section and find that so many discs are scratched up. I always ask to see the disc before buying anything used and I try to find a case in good condition before that. All of my games are in like-new condition, with a couple exceptions. The only time they ever wind up with a scratch or other flaw is when I let someone borrow a game - which I don't do anymore since someone brought back Gears of War basically trashed(broken case/scratches on disc).

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

I don't understand it either. All my games are in immaculate condition, and baffles me how people treat their games. Especially PSP games. The disc is actually in a case, yetyou see scratches and fingermarks :|

enz2

Yeah that always puzzled me,

I take freaking good care of my games, all super neat on shelves and I never touch bottoms side of the disk with my fingers.I'm really gentle with my cartrige games too, NES games are always in dust sleeves, same for SNES and N64 goes in nice bag and my genesis games are all in there original boxes with there manuals.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
I keep my games in perfect condition and don't lend them to anyone because they don't look after them, I've seen my cousins games lying in a pile beside his PS3, I once got a game back from a friend and it looked like a really bad used copy from Gamestop and not the brand new game I had paid $60 for, So I stopped it no ones gets them Its got bad my little cousin he's only 3 asked for Super Mario Galaxy, I bought a used copy and gave him that
ModernMuhCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ModernMuhCow
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts
Nah... I just throw them in my closet...
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

My buddy is a pig. His house is trashed. He don't take care of anything. His games have cigarette ashes and pop spilt all over them. He bought a brand new tv a few months ago and it's trashed. Full of dust and cigarette smoke. Somehow he has pop on his tv screen. The dust is so thick you could draw a painting on it. He has food sitting in bowls on his counter that have been there for a month.

He wanted to borrow some of my games. I made him keep them in baggies.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I purchase 90% of my games new at $60 and keep them mint. I really only let one friend borrow a game at a time. Once he returned a game with wear and tear around the case making it look a little rugged. He denied any wrong doing, but now when I lend him a title he gets the disc in a generic DVD case.:D Thats how anal I am.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Yea, most of games are in good condition, every ps1, gamecube, and game boy game still works.Most games have some wear and tear that just can't be prevented. All my disks have at least some minor scratches even though I'm careful with everything
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
I take care of all my games as best as possible. Sadly standard wear and tear can be just as damaging and happens a lot. Nothing is ever made to last these days.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I have several in great condition, Have a habit of putting the disk back in the case when I'm done using it at that time.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

My games are my precious shinies. My babies. My beautiful little friends. I care for them in gentle and loving ways.ChiliDragon

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me too:)

yuri19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yuri19
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

I am quite OCD about my games really, i always try to keep them mint and order them alphabetically by generation/console etc. I cannot understand people who just trash them.

it even bugged me figuring out where dark souls should go on my shelf, before or after demons souls?

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Mine are generally in good or like-new condition,save for a couple I bought used.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HipHopBeats

it even bugged me figuring out where dark souls should go on my shelf, before or after demons souls?

yuri19

I'd put it after Demon Souls since it's a sequel. Chronological order always trumps alphabetical order. :D

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Yeah I'm kind of OCD about taking care of them as well. In fact I always even wash my hands before touching them. Though you might find some small scratches on some of my older games. I got more obsessed lately then I was before the current gen consoles came out, but they are all still in good condition.

However, I do buy some games used, and some of them have some pretty major scratches, and many don't include the manual.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Am I seriously the only one who will admit to being intermittently careless with my games? I will occasionally leave a game out(label side down) when switching from one game to the next.
Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts
I rarely buy used games but the few times I have they have been fine. As for games I buy brand new...I treat them with respect, always right back in the case when I'm done. :)
greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
Games cost $60, so why leave them out? I don't understand why people do this. I always put my games in the case, or inside my Xbox when I'm finished with the game I was playing. I take good care of my games.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I guess those that plan to sell their games does not care how well their games are keep.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I take great care of each game, its case included. You'd be hard pressed to find a single scratch on even one of my 60 some odd PS3 games. I would never let anybody else handle my games or consoles or controllers. I also refuse to buy used because it's just better to have a brand new perfect condition copy of the game. I NEVER touch either side of the disc, I always hold the disc by the edges. The instruction manuals for my games are in perfect condiction as well.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

I try to, though i sometimes leave the disc out of the case.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Yes, I take excellent care of all of my games. I also don't trade them in. I think most people that care enough about their games to take care of them tend not to give them away to game stores. :P
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#44 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I never touch the lens and put the disc back in the case therefore no need to check for scratches.
BasedWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BasedWolf
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Of course! I've spent too much money not to.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I always take care of my games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts
I take care of my games, it's not like one has to be super cautious in doing so, it's not hard to take a game from the case and put it in the console without putting ones fingerprints on it, but people do this constantly I don't understand it, and when I'm done I put it back in the case then put it back on the shelf, my games look the same as the day I got them. People often leave their discs lying around, stacked on each other, that's probably why used games are constantly scratched, GameStop employees do the same thing when they're handling used games, when they take the games they trade in they take the discs out and stack the discs on each other somewhere behind the counter in a mess, and when they've free time they put them in sleeves and store them, I imagine this is why the used games get even more scratches and often lose their manuals and cases. I honestly think that the used game stores should have a sliding scale with used trade in values, first off many games will load to their title screens if damaged, it isn't until you get to the part of the game where the data can't be read that issues arise, they need technology to scan the discs for data corruption, something quick so trade-ins don't take forever. Second is they need to not give full credit for damaged, scratched, smudged, or discs with fingerprints on them. Then they need to make sure that the original case, inserts, and game manuals are included or else deduct trade in value for each missing piece. As it stands now a scratched damaged game without a case or manual will get as much money as a used game in mint condition, and that needs to change.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
Yeah, no reason not to. At worst, i place them on my table face down so the back doesn't get scratched.
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

I'm also OCD 110% of the time with my games. I almost never buy them used unless I really wanted that title. I have bought a few used PS2 games last year that I never got around playing (Red Faction, Twisted Metal Black, Killzone, Smuggler's Run, Project Snowblind), so far I've been lucky enough to have the manuals included, the case and cover art perfectly intact and the discs are barely scratched, all in excellent condition.

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

When I was a kid I treated my games poorly (no harsh abuse, just left them out from time to time). Having gotten older, however, I have realized the importance of treating things I purchase properly, and ensuring they are maintained and strored correctly.