Animal Crossing: Wild World or Harvest Moon: Magical Melody?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
I've been looking for a good (cheap) game lately, and I've had an urge to play some Harvest Moon, a game I haven't played since the great SNES version and I loved it. I've never played Animal Crossing, but I know a ton of people with the DS version like it and I've heard they are similar games. So, I have a DS and a GC, and money to buy one of them. I don't have wifi with the DS, so the multiplayer (such as visiting each other's towns in AC: WW) doesn't really have a factor. I was just wondering what people thought was the better of the two (which had the longest value without getting boring, which is funner, etc.). Thanks in advance :).
Foamy_1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Foamy_1100
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

IMHO, HM:MM is the better of the two games. I've never plawed AC:WW before, but with what I have experienced in the original, it's not all that great.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

I've been playing Animal Crossing DS every single day for almost a year straight - offline. It's great, hang on let me link you to a decent review strong language warning: here

That said harvest moon is great. If you own a Wii or plan too and live in europe you may want to wait as  Magical melody is being re-tooled as a wii game there.

Otherwise Harvest Moon a Wonderful life is really brilliant, has such a nice calming pleasent atmosphere.

Gargantrithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gargantrithor
Member since 2004 • 62 Posts
Both series are great, but if experience is anything to go by, I would lean toward getting a Harvest Moon game.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
I've always referred to HM:MM as Harvest Moon's Greatest Hits. It's essentially the typical Harvest Moon formula/gameplay (meaning not like Wonderful Life or Save the Homeland), and packed with more characters, crops, and things to do than any other HM game. So I would recommend that game to anyone who was a fan of the original Harvest Moon. You'll even see some of the characters from that game in this one.
ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ehhwhatever
Member since 2010 • 1463 Posts

Well since you have a GC you can get animal crossing for it. toysnjoys.com probably carries it. Animal crossing isn't like harvest moon in that you can do anything you want and on a DS thats a trip.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#7 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Harvest Moon is an awesome game. That being said, AC:WW is the perfect game to fuss about on your handheld. If you need a game you can play ANY day for about 30min to an hour, then this game will do enough for you to keep you busy. It's one of the only DS games I own and it's the most awesome by far.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

There are more things to do in HM:MM and it's the least boring of the two. Both are great games.