alot of games are under appreciated.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ownejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ownejj
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

So i walk into JB and walk over to the 360 section, i browse the cart and see sega superstars tennis,

since sega rally was an awesome game that was underappreciated. i picked it up. this was a brand new sealed game.

it had a price tag of $5, and i can honestly say, that i had more fun with this $5 game then i had with CoD 5.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

So many. Brutal Legends, Heavenly Sword, you know hot shot golf? Porbably not because it never ever got mentioned... ever (and it got good reviews). Ive done a post like this so much so Im not gonna bother posting more.

But yea more games need more light shone on them and others need to get less attention.

posthuman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 posthuman23
Member since 2010 • 223 Posts

So many. Brutal Legends, Heavenly Sword, you know hot shot golf? Porbably not because it never ever got mentioned... ever (and it got good reviews). Ive done a post like this so much so Im not gonna bother posting more.

But yea more games need more light shone on them and others need to get less attention.

Wolfetan
Brutal Legend isn't under appreciated.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

posthuman23

Really? I havent heard it mentioned here once and it sold less than a million. And the ratings shouldve been higher in my opinion.
posthuman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 posthuman23
Member since 2010 • 223 Posts
[QUOTE="posthuman23"][QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

Wolfetan

Really? I havent heard it mentioned here once and it sold less than a million. And the ratings shouldve been higher in my opinion.

It scored well. And it was mentioned quite a bit near launch.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Dead Space: Extraction sold poorly but I really liked it even though it was a on-rails shooter.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts
There are lots of quality games anymore. People tend to prioritize the games they want to play the most. It's probably not that people wouldn't enjoy those games. It's just that there are other things they want to play more. The games industry is super-competitive these days. It's hard to even keep up with what all of the quality games even are, let alone play them all.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Elian2530
There are lots of quality games anymore. People tend to prioritize the games they want to play the most. It's probably not that people wouldn't enjoy those games. It's just that there are other things they want to play more. The games industry is super-competitive these days. It's hard to even keep up with what all of the quality games even are, let alone play them all.StopThePresses
Exactly. I have and I need to buy more games then I can play. Not enough time in the week when you have to work and go to school both full time. Even if I only worked, there still isn't enough time. Between now and the end of 2011, it's going to be the first time in the history of gaming where I'll truly be overwhelmed. There will be an insane amount of games. Not just quality games, but top quality games across all platforms. And a lot of new hardware to buy too. Make sure to save money for Black Friday this year and next. You'll need it.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#10 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
That's the history of games. Makes shopping for games that much more fun.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Beyond Good and Evil.

Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

Psychonauts

Grim Fandango

Avatar image for deactivated-57d32c9daf505
deactivated-57d32c9daf505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57d32c9daf505
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts

I sense a Tim Schafer lover, eh eh..!

Seriously, though, Grim Fandango is one of the best adventure games ever made, too bad it came out

when the genre wasn't popular anymore...

Avatar image for DavidIsOverHere
DavidIsOverHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 DavidIsOverHere
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
For me it is Megaman Star Force series. Here is what Gamespot said at the conclusion of Megaman Star Force 3: "If you've never played a Star Force game or if it has been a while since you've picked up the Battle Network series, then you might find some fun here. The solid battle mechanics and satisfying boss encounters will probably be enough to pull you through the inane plot and aged visuals. If you've played any recent entries in the series, you'll want to avoid this shameless retread of an already tiresome formula." Apparently, they are very wrong. Megaman Star Force 3 has a user average of 8.8, meaning to say lots of people enjoyed it. The critics are being a bit too factual, it's not just GameSpot, IGN and a few others are doing the same thing. Megaman fans are playing Megaman games because they are Megaman fans, if you know what I mean. The same reason most Pokemon fans will buy at least one game of every generation, because they are Pokemon fans. The same holds for Megaman Star Force series. Gamespot does have a point about recycled audio and visuals, but the gameplay is what keeps the players hooked. Hundreds of Battle Cards to collect, satisfying boss fights because some of them are insanely hard, and the battles are action-paced, which is completely different from standard turn-based RPGs. And although it is a double-edged sword, it is what puts Megaman Battle Network/Star Force games in a class of their own.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

The Darkness was a sleeper hit. The visual representation of that game with the versatile powers you unlock and Mike Patton's awesome voice as The Darkness culminated in a dark, twisted and astounding story of revenge. The ending was great as well, for the simple fact that not only did it perfectly match the mood of the game, but also had an ending you don't see very often in movies, games, etc...

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

The Darkness was a sleeper hit. The visual representation of that game with the versatile powers you unlock and Mike Patton's awesome voice as The Darkness culminated in a dark, twisted and astounding story of revenge. The ending was great as well, for the simple fact that not only did it perfectly match the mood of the game, but also had an ending you don't see very often in movies, games, etc...

LikeHaterade
I've always wanted to play that game. It looked so awesome, and I've heard a lot of great things about it.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

XYANIDE

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 muthsera666

XYANIDE

DecadesOfGaming
I have that game, but I've never played it. It's pretty good, then, I take it?
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

[QUOTE="DecadesOfGaming"]

XYANIDE

muthsera666

I have that game, but I've never played it. It's pretty good, then, I take it?

yeh great game.. excellent cut scenes too.. I had to order it from Miami.. couldnt get it here in the U.K.. Enjoy

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts

Apparently, they are very wrong. Megaman Star Force 3 has a user average of 8.8, meaning to say lots of people enjoyed it. DavidIsOverHere

All I get from that is that it means that it's only the small number of people who still care about it who are playing it in the first place.

Seriously...I can tell just from all of the avatars of the user reviewers that they represent a small subset of all Gamespot users, just like the people who are actually still buying every Sonic game.

meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts
Some underdogs i've still got are Beyond Good & Evil (kudos, lazyathew) for ps2, Phantom Dust for xbox (got good reviews but not many people knew about it; walked into a Game Crazy asking for it and they thought i was crazy), and Legend of Dragoon for ps1 (so what if the dragons look like asymmetrical starships!?). GS gave XIII for ps2 a fair rating and users gave it just a hair of a higher score, but i really like that game, especially considering at the time i was still into comic books (or "graphic novels") and that game looks like one in 3D.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 muthsera666
Some underdogs i've still got are Beyond Good & Evil (kudos, lazyathew) for ps2, Phantom Dust for xbox (got good reviews but not many people knew about it; walked into a Game Crazy asking for it and they thought i was crazy), and Legend of Dragoon for ps1 (so what if the dragons look like asymmetrical starships!?). GS gave XIII for ps2 a fair rating and users gave it just a hair of a higher score, but i really like that game, especially considering at the time i was still into comic books (or "graphic novels") and that game looks like one in 3D.meteo_ryte
Phantom Dust is awesome, you're right about that. I couldn't really get into XIII, though. I made it to the snow level where you have to sneak into the base, but I could never kill the guards before they sounded the alarm.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elian2530
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

muthsera666
I've always wanted to play that game. It looked so awesome, and I've heard a lot of great things about it.

It's a great game. Memorable characters, great voice acting and cutscenes. Graphics are good. There are a lot of twists and turns that you wouldn't expect. Try not to watch the reviews out there and play it right off the bat. Definitely a sleeper hit. The only thing I did not like was having to shoot little tiny tiny light bulbs in order to "stay in the dark" so that you can use your powers.