All these workout/motion games, I need some help please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stratacoustix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stratacoustix
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

I have alot of friends who are using workout games on their Wii, and honestly, our house is primarily PC gamers and I don't have the first clue as to what is a good "workout" game or not. My wife is wanting to start working out using these programs, which seem to actually help quite a bit for those who don't have time to go to the gym. I have multiple friends who have lost 30lbs or so already with them.

We do have a PS3 in the house, and I've been contemplating whether to get the Move system and something like EA Sports Active 2 for the PS3, or get the Wii. My wife seems to want a Wii, but being a technician who visits 60 homes a week, I see alot of Wii's sitting in basement boxes or closets unused. I did notice though that the Wii has alot of early kids learning games, and with an 8 month old in the house they could be fun for them in a year or two.

Is it worth it to get a Wii for the workout programs, and kids games later on? Or better to get the Move system and use whatever workout games the PS3 has available?

Please don't bring fanboism and such to the topic, the best system is the one you enjoy the most, bottom line. I just need some opinions from experience, not preference.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
EA Active is definitely a good game to get if you're serious about working out. Since you already have a PS3 it might be worth it to buy move and EA Active instead of investing in a whole new console, the only downside I see is that there is no balance board for the PS3 which IMO adds a whole other dimension to the workout. You would also be missing out on Wii Fit Plus which may not be as good a workout as EA Active but it's definitely a lot of fun. Of course, if your wife wants a wii it's probably a good idea to just buy her one. ;) I'm sure you'll find some games that you enjoy as well.
Stratacoustix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stratacoustix
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

Thank you for your input, you made a few points I didn't think of. I don't mind investing in a new console if need be. Hell, the only console I think I missed over the last 28 years of gaming was an Intellivision lol. I just want whatever is the best option for her workouts. There are so many workout games, it's hard to tell what is good and what is great. I generally don't care about website reviews too much, user experience is always a better opinion. I've enjoyed alot of games that didn't get much publicity or ratings, and hated many games that got great reviews.

Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Warpainting
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts
I have the Move and we use fitness workout..amazing! It's a little more advanced than the Wii. I have EA Active Sports and even the basic Sports Champions that come with the bundle is quit the work out. Good Luck, let us know what you decide.
Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Warpainting
Also, the move is far more difficult due to the intense accuracy of the controller. It does not let you slack off in anyway, where is the Wii is not as much of a challenge.
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerfan85
Member since 2009 • 652 Posts

If you are looking for a game that is actually challening and still a workout (as opposed to just being designed for excercise) check out The Fight for PS3. If you don't work up a bit of a sweat you aren't doing it right.

Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Warpainting

If you are looking for a game that is actually challening and still a workout (as opposed to just being designed for excercise) check out The Fight for PS3. If you don't work up a bit of a sweat you aren't doing it right.

gamerfan85
I completely forgot about The Fight, yeah..I heard this was an intense workout.