After MGSV, what other games are there to buy?

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

At 60 dollars a pop for new games, most of them aren't worth it to me anymore. There will always be certain games that I have to preorder, but now I usually wait to see how the game is before I pick it up. I just got Metal gear solid 5 last week and I have to say it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's so good it's made me ask the question, what other games are coming out this year that you think will be worth paying full price? Fallout 4 comes to mind, and possibly Battlefront? Halo 5 looks pretty cool. But when games like Tomb Raider and (another) Assassin's Creed game are coming out, will people really flock to those when goliaths like Fallout and Halo are out? Not to mention Black Ops 3, which I highly doubt I'll play.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17882 Posts

fallout 4 (though i may wait until next year to get it. i want to get fallout 3 and new vegas off the backlog first + itll give bethesda bug fixing time).

xenoblade X is a day 1 for me. i can't wait.

other than that it looks quiet for me in terms of full price purchases. i will probably make my backlog look worse in the next steam sale but thats about it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zombehhhhh said:

At 60 dollars a pop for new games, most of them aren't worth it to me anymore. There will always be certain games that I have to preorder, but now I usually wait to see how the game is before I pick it up. I just got Metal gear solid 5 last week and I have to say it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's so good it's made me ask the question, what other games are coming out this year that you think will be worth paying full price? Fallout 4 comes to mind, and possibly Battlefront? Halo 5 looks pretty cool. But when games like Tomb Raider and (another) Assassin's Creed game are coming out, will people really flock to those when goliaths like Fallout and Halo are out? Not to mention Black Ops 3, which I highly doubt I'll play.

I am a PC gamer and have never recently paid 60$ for a game.

For my consoles i tend to find the good offers and rarely spend more than 30-40$ pr. game and the ones i am not sure about i either rent by mail or at my local public library

But what game to get after Metal Gear, hmm depends , we are close to Fallout 4 so i would save for that if money's an issue, if not then probably Syndicate until Fallout

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44569 Posts

I have a lot of games coming out in the next little while that I'll be picking up. They are:

• Forza 6
  • Super Mario Maker
  • NHL '16
  • Fallout 4
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Halo 5
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Pretty much only games that are worth the full retail are multiplayer games that you will keep coming back to for months or lengthy open world games that suck you for many hours. So id say battlefront, halo 5, fallout 4, possibly nfs or forza 6.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6 RSM-HQ  Online
Member since 2009 • 11692 Posts

Hmm, I have Disgaea 5 and is well worth the full price I payed. Depends what you like I guess but after MGS4 I've had my fill. Have no desire to get MGSV. Though I'm sure it's great.

I'd assume games like Fallout4 and D00M next year will fit your taste :)

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

These are the games I'm looking forward to the most

• Fallout 4
  • Halo 5
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Battlefront
  • Just Cause 3
  • Black Ops 3
  • Forza 6
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@zombehhhhh said:

You have to pre-order? You can always wait and get it cheaper. There are plenty of games you can still get this year or that are already out

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void.

BurnSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By BurnSlash
Member since 2015 • 19 Posts

Still playing the Witcher 3 and had it on day one. I have no desire to play anything else for the time being except for Zelda Wii-U, and only God knows when they will release it.

abc123xyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 abc123xyz
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

All depends on what systems you own I guess. If you only own either an Xbox One or PS4 then there's Fallout 4 , but not much else to do a song and dance about after that until later next year.

On another note, why do people still pay £50/$60 for new games? Madness.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Fallout 4 - next huge game been waiting for it for years

Just cause 3 - just cause 2 was awesome, looking forward to 3 i prefer these games over gta.

Sports titles, if you play those games...new fifa, football manager new pro evo.

Rise of the tomb raider - lived the first one it will pass another 6 hours

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Assuming it releases this year, Persona 5 is a definite buy.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

The only other game coming out this year thats worth a full $60 is fallout 4 this is a must play game the rest can wait.

0StarTropics0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 0StarTropics0
Member since 2015 • 19 Posts

Because of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Fallout 4 is getting got for the $60.

I really want Doom 4, but I doubt I'd pay $60 for it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14829 Posts

None, that's it. Game over man, game over.