DGFK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DGFK
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
was the new zelda game really worth the wait?
Darth_Snutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Darth_Snutch
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
yes. yes it was.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts
No, not really.
Dragongamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dragongamer99
Member since 2006 • 98 Posts
In my mind, definitely.  But I don't think GCN owners should've been forced to wait the extra month after the Wii version's release; honestly, we were waiting how many years for that game?  That really ticked me off....
diangelogrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 diangelogrey
Member since 2004 • 932 Posts
I think it was worth it.  Its definatly a fun game, but its a shame so many people have such high expectations.  If it came out tommorow and nobody had heard of it, it would be a called one of the best games ever..
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
 thought it was a major letdown bad storyline gcn graphics and a crap wolf transformation but then again i played Okami and that game just owns zelda 
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
no its was not. it was good but OoT was by far a better game.
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8690 Posts
No,I still can not understand how it took them that long to make it.TP is a good game,but I agree with the 8.9.Its worth nothing more.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts

thought it was a major letdown bad storyline gcn graphics and a crap wolf transformation but then again i played Okami and that game just owns zelda cloud31blunt

WTF???? No chance, Zelda was worth every little minute of the wait especially on the Wii. What wasn't to like and don't compare it too OoT it's a completely different game.

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
yeah, but the game was very easy. 
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
I'm a huge Zelda fan, but wasn't really happy with Zelda TP. It lacked the soul of previous games. Zelda WW was a better game, even if it was a little short, IMO.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
its a good game but not worth the long wait
Erodreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Erodreus
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
thought it was a major letdown bad storyline gcn graphics and a crap wolf transformation but then again i played Okami and that game just owns zelda cloud31blunt

I definitely have to agree--after playing Okami, Zelda was kind of a letdown.
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
It was worth the wait, but for more than 2 years of waiting, I thought it would be better...
Avatar image for splinter_girl88
splinter_girl88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 splinter_girl88
Member since 2005 • 7687 Posts
Yes, it was worth the wait! Even if it was a really long wait :P
Gewbur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gewbur
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

No it wasn't. The only thing it did different from the old games was hold your hand. Midna told you everything you had to know, video's showed you everything you had to do, nothing was really "hidden". It was an interactive story more than a game.

They wanted to make it accessible to all gamers. But in order to do it they had to make the game playable to the not so bright among us. But in doing that they had a couple of puzzles that would be nearly impossible without the right about of brain power (The puzzle with the two jumping statues before you got the master sword). Those things can't exist together. I played Link's Awakening on Gameboy. It took me forever to get through the first dungeon because it had actual puzzles. What the hell is a pols voice? If you didn't know you had to find out elsewhere. It may have been hard but I'd rather play something hard than something that just solves the puzzles for me because I'm not really playing that game then, am I?

Zelda has always been a game where damage is dominated by the half heart. You get hit you lose half a heart. It is understandable when weak looking enemies only take a quarter of a heart. In the new game, nearly every enemy did only a quarter, thus making the game twice as easy. If you cut a Deku Baba off it's stem and let it latch on to you, it will slowly take two quarter hearts from you (one at a time), keep chewing but not doing any more damage until it eventually lets go. Then it hops around until it decides to attack again some 3 or 4 seconds later. If you tried standing next to a deku baba in OOT you'd be on the ground in about 25 seconds.

The game also requires no reaction time. For TP you can run nearly infinite circles around the enemies and they won't attack you. They just keep spinning in circles. In games, large enemies give more damage. The most probable reason is because they're bigger than you. In TP the bosses did half a heart and even a quarter heart for some attacks. Someone toss link a pillow, I need time to figure out how to beat the boss. Also L-targeting automatically raised your shield. If you stand still while targeting (do you have to even hold the button? I can't remember) the enemies will never hit you. If you don't have to hold the button to target you could walk away from your game and the enemy would just keep attacking and never hit you. Enemies suffer so much recoil that you can press the attack button nearly once every second (that's a long delay) and they will never recover fast enough to retaliate. It is a game for children. The only reason for the TEEN rating is because all the girls wear low cut tops. They say the game has blood but it appears on some fence posts and maybe unnoticeable from some enemies. Ocarina's blood was more realistic and it was just particle effects.

Twilight princess can make you suck at other Zelda games. I turned on Ocarina of Time some time after I beat Twilight and got taken out by the first boss. That only happened to me once. The first time I had played the game. I've beaten Ocarina of Time maybe 11 times on the N64, 3 times on Gamecube, and the Master Quest once, but for all I know I may have done it more. Dying is not something I do in that game but suddenly I've returned to the skills I had when I first played the game. Similar things happend in Link's awakening and in Link to the past. I was so used to being catered to by the game that I was no longer prepared for real games.

I really wish to complain more, but I have to go. Don't complain if you ever see this reposted as a stand alone post later on. I might have a few more things to say and not enough people are going to see it here. The worst thing Nintendo can do to a long standing franchise is to accommodate the requests of fans.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#17 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

For me it was, I tried not to hype the game so much and when I played it I felt like all my expectations were matched.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

It was worth the wait. Awesome game. Best GC game ever. All this talk of Okami though, I've had it for over a week and I still haven't played it. Maybe I should go see just how good it is.

gullytolwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gullytolwyn
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
No it was the worst game of all time. Not worth the wait at all. And everyones opinions will be your own now.
-Prime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Prime-
Member since 2006 • 964 Posts

No it wasn't. The only thing it did different from the old games was hold your hand. Midna told you everything you had to know, video's showed you everything you had to do, nothing was really "hidden". It was an interactive story more than a game.

They wanted to make it accessible to all gamers. But in order to do it they had to make the game playable to the not so bright among us. But in doing that they had a couple of puzzles that would be nearly impossible without the right about of brain power (The puzzle with the two jumping statues before you got the master sword). Those things can't exist together. I played Link's Awakening on Gameboy. It took me forever to get through the first dungeon because it had actual puzzles. What the hell is a pols voice? If you didn't know you had to find out elsewhere. It may have been hard but I'd rather play something hard than something that just solves the puzzles for me because I'm not really playing that game then, am I?

Zelda has always been a game where damage is dominated by the half heart. You get hit you lose half a heart. It is understandable when weak looking enemies only take a quarter of a heart. In the new game, nearly every enemy did only a quarter, thus making the game twice as easy. If you cut a Deku Baba off it's stem and let it latch on to you, it will slowly take two quarter hearts from you (one at a time), keep chewing but not doing any more damage until it eventually lets go. Then it hops around until it decides to attack again some 3 or 4 seconds later. If you tried standing next to a deku baba in OOT you'd be on the ground in about 25 seconds.

The game also requires no reaction time. For TP you can run nearly infinite circles around the enemies and they won't attack you. They just keep spinning in circles. In games, large enemies give more damage. The most probable reason is because they're bigger than you. In TP the bosses did half a heart and even a quarter heart for some attacks. Someone toss link a pillow, I need time to figure out how to beat the boss. Also L-targeting automatically raised your shield. If you stand still while targeting (do you have to even hold the button? I can't remember) the enemies will never hit you. If you don't have to hold the button to target you could walk away from your game and the enemy would just keep attacking and never hit you. Enemies suffer so much recoil that you can press the attack button nearly once every second (that's a long delay) and they will never recover fast enough to retaliate. It is a game for children. The only reason for the TEEN rating is because all the girls wear low cut tops. They say the game has blood but it appears on some fence posts and maybe unnoticeable from some enemies. Ocarina's blood was more realistic and it was just particle effects.

Twilight princess can make you suck at other Zelda games. I turned on Ocarina of Time some time after I beat Twilight and got taken out by the first boss. That only happened to me once. The first time I had played the game. I've beaten Ocarina of Time maybe 11 times on the N64, 3 times on Gamecube, and the Master Quest once, but for all I know I may have done it more. Dying is not something I do in that game but suddenly I've returned to the skills I had when I first played the game. Similar things happend in Link's awakening and in Link to the past. I was so used to being catered to by the game that I was no longer prepared for real games.

I really wish to complain more, but I have to go. Don't complain if you ever see this reposted as a stand alone post later on. I might have a few more things to say and not enough people are going to see it here. The worst thing Nintendo can do to a long standing franchise is to accommodate the requests of fans.

Gewbur

I enjoyed the game, but I also agree with you. Well said.

jondobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jondobe
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yes it is a good game
jondobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jondobe
yes it is a good game
jondobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jondobe
yes it is a good game
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
For me, yes. Simply because it is one of the games I got a Gamecube for with the other games being Metroid Prime, LoZ:Collector's Edition and WW, and SSBM.
_Devastator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Devastator
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
What LoZ game hasn't been worth the wait?
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts
Major letdown.
colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
It had no heart, that was the problem. Every character in OoT and even MM were a stitch to talk to. Cant say the same for TP, except the postman, a handful of gorons, the Dr.and that lady in the bar. They are quite funny but they have nothing on Tinkle, malon, jabu and princess zora (i think thats her name), oh and shiek was just plain awsome.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
It had no heart, that was the problem. Every character in OoT and even MM were a stitch to talk to. Cant say the same for TP, except the postman, a handful of gorons, the Dr.and that lady in the bar. They are quite funny but they have nothing on Tinkle, malon, jabu and princess zora (i think thats her name), oh and shiek was just plain awsome.colonel_beeb
agreed!
jondobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jondobe
yes man is a good game
jondobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jondobe
yes man is a good game
jondobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jondobe
yes you should get it from jondobe
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
I believe it was. But only just.
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
it was an even longer wait for me down here in New Zealand and i believe it wasn't worth it at all i cracked a fit when i finished it the day after i bought  it after all that waiting :(  overall its still a great game thou, and well the rating it got i have no problems with it
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
TP was a great game.  Not the greatest ending, but overall it's a well made game.