Who thinks RE4 was a better game than MP1?

Avatar image for cookoo4cocopuff
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 cookoo4cocopuff
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts
I think that Resident Evil 4 was the second best game of all time(next to Gears of War).I thought that in every way RE4 was a way better game than Metroid Prime but thats just me. What do you guys think?
Metroid47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Metroid47
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
Tough decision (as they're both brilliant games), but I think Metroid Prime 1 was better overall than Resident Evil 4, because of a greater music soundtrack, atmosphere, locations you go to, and excellent detail in practically everything in the game!!
Metroid47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Metroid47
Tough decision (as they're both brilliant games), but I think Metroid Prime 1 was better overall than Resident Evil 4, because of a greater music soundtrack, atmosphere, locations you go to, and excellent detail in practically everything in the game!!
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Metroid Prime is the better game IMO, and it will stand the test of time better than RE4 as well.

I think Metroid Prime is the 2nd best game ever, or at least 2nd best of the many I've played, behind only the original PC version of DOOM II, another perfectly executed game.

coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts
both games were very good but I did like re4 better
Hindle_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hindle_1
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
I've completed both and Resident Evil 4 has more replay value (Mercenaries)
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
I've played both games close to death (Actually MP still taunts me since I haven't 100%'d the items), but it's really tough. I'd go with MP. Only because it opened my mind up to adventuring/exploring style games.
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cookoo4cocopuff
I definately agree that both were excellent game but like Hindle_1 pointed out, RE4 does have more replay value with its mini games. I have competed both and I have completed RE4 3 times, and I plan to complete it even more, but every time I complete it it just keeps getting better every time.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Resident Evil 4 is called one of the greatest games of all time and reinvented one of the most popular game franchises at the same time.

Metroid on the other hand fell on the Gamecube and Nintendo was so disappointed by the way the series was going they promised that the next installment would get a complete overhaul.

I think Resident Evil 4 wins pretty easy.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

Resident Evil 4 is called one of the greatest games of all time and reinvented one of the most popular game franchises at the same time.

Metroid on the other hand fell on the Gamecube and Nintendo was so disappointed by the way the series was going they promised that the next installment would get a complete overhaul.

Jaysonguy

I agree RE4 is better, but I don't really get what you're saying about MP. Nintendo was disapointed with how the series was going? Wasn't the last Metroid before Prime Super Metroid? Which is regarded as one of the best sidescrollers ever?

Revelade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Revelade
Member since 2005 • 1862 Posts

Metroid Prime is definitely the better game.

RE4 has graphics that are detailed more than most games, but the gameplay and story are bland. The gameplay boils down to, aiming, shooting, running back and repeating. Then you get money, get a bigger gun. It's like a poor man's, third-person counter-strike. Enough with the aiming already.

Prime shoves combat where it should be - as a nuisance. Instead, emphasis is placed on exploring and traveling through the massive world. You morphball through tunnels, swing on grappling points and use missiles to blast new paths. In contrast to RE4's bland areas, you have amazing worlds full of ice, fire and water.

Plot lines?

RE4 is a forgettable game about rescuing some girl from evil monster scientists.

Prime gives you bits and pieces about an alien race that is seemingly extinct. You learn about the pirates who plundered the planet for their own uses. And you forge your own story by navigating through the worlds.

Nick-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nick-42
Member since 2006 • 1786 Posts

Prime is the winner by far IMO.

Metroid47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Metroid47

Prime is the winner by far IMO.

Nick-42

I'd have to agree with Nick-42! and I really did like RE4 also....that was a brilliant game, but Prime is much better.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

the_leet_kid

I agree RE4 is better, but I don't really get what you're saying about MP. Nintendo was disapointed with how the series was going? Wasn't the last Metroid before Prime Super Metroid? Which is regarded as one of the best sidescrollers ever?

No, I meant the direction after the first Metroid on the Gamecube.

Nintendo didn't like how they had to pick up after the end of 1. While the sales weren't terrific they were still good for 2 but Nintendo didn't think it had that certain "oomph" for the franchise.

That's why they're trying so hard to switch gears for the Wii version.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Nintendo was perfectly happy with Metroid Prime, Prime 3 will be different because Prime 2 was a little too close to the first game.

You talk about RE4 being considered among the all-time greats, did you somehow think Metroid Prime wasn't? You'd be surely mistaken.

Take a look at GameRankings sometime and see where Metroid Prime sits on a list that extends back to '97. Its the 3rdmost highly acclaimed game since 1997 with at least 20 reviews, and its #1 (!) on the list of those with at least 50 reviews. Its ahead of RE4 and deservedly so.

RE4 (while a great game also) has turned a distinctive Survival Horror series into a 3rd Person shooter, perhaps the best of its kind, but still a shooter.

Metroid Prime, on the other hand, re-invented a series that was already unique. Retro brought the whole Metroid experience to 3D and first-person, giving an up-close and personal feel to how it feels to be in Samus' shoes. Incredibly well done, and nothing like it (other than the sequel), a game ahead of its time.

We need more games like this that concentrate on the developers uncompromising vision and not catered and dumbed down for the masses.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

the_leet_kid

Erm...wasn't RE4 the by-product of stale overused gameplay that the developer wanted changing?

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

I peronally enjoyed both games...a hell of a lot.

Im a resi fan so im bias. But RE4 is the best.

hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
Resident Evil 4....it was simply more fun for me, and had more of those "wow" moments.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Resident Evil 4, IMO, was a perfect mixture of action and horror elements. You're kept on your toes for nearly the entire game, thrilling. Metroid Prime is a fantastic game in its own rights with it being the best first person adventure game, it falls just a little short of Res 4.
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cookoo4cocopuff
To me the whole MP story is pretty boring. and I dont like MPs lack of cutscenes and no voice acting whatsoever. and I think that RE4 totally outdid them with its awsome cutscenes with a great story, not to mention its awsome cutscenes when you press buttons to dodge stuff. IMO RE4 was just so much more interesting and compelling than MP.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
Then why don't you have Leon S. Kennedy in your sig?
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
out of the two i enjoyed RE 4 more
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cookoo4cocopuff

Then why don't you have Leon S. Kennedy in your sig?ZebethOrZebes

I will create one. lol. That doesnt mean that I dont like Metroid Prime alot just because I think RE4 is the better of the two.

Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
This is a strange comparison...
Avatar image for nintendork12345
nintendork12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nintendork12345
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts

This is a strange comparison...Mop_it_up

yes, yes it is

super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

RE4 was worse than RE1 RE2 or REcodeveronica. They took all the creepy moments out, took all the zombies out. Took most of the gameplay out.Took most of the story out. They ruined most of what was great about the RE series. Better off with REmake.

Metroid Prime, on the other hand, was a masterpiece. I do see these as comparable games, as both of them are FAKE first person shooter games. Metroid took old ideas, and gave them new life with a new perspective, incredible graphics, and it is one of the top gamecube games, and one of the great games of all time really. I have fun just walking around the world scanning things.

Avatar image for MissVictoria230
MissVictoria230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MissVictoria230
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
Tough, really... Well, for me I would say RE4. Cuz it's prolly the best GC game I ever played... other than the mario games. And MP is good aswell.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#28 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I thought both were ridiculously over rated.I enjoyed Re4 more cuz it was more accessible, but I respect Metroid Prime more for doing more. Re4 was just a decent action adventure game. Metroid Prime on the other hand completly reinvented the Metroid series and for the better.
cluelesspunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cluelesspunk
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts
Keep in mind that RE4 came out three years after Metroid Prime.
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 wii4panta
Member since 2007 • 2886 Posts

I definately agree that both were excellent game but like Hindle_1 pointed out, RE4 does have more replay value with its mini games. I have competed both and I have completed RE4 3 times, and I plan to complete it even more, but every time I complete it it just keeps getting better every time.cookoo4cocopuff

lol at your avatar...that's the car a friend of mine has!!Anyway,I'd go with mp since I've never played resident evil!

logan_rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 logan_rulez
Member since 2007 • 284 Posts
re4
Avatar image for Nintendogamer33
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nintendogamer33
Member since 2004 • 1285 Posts
Difficult. Maybe Resident Evil 4 by a slight margin.