Turok Evolution. Gears meets Metroid.

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Casiotech
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts

Who else thinks this is a terrific (although impossible without invulnerability) game??? It's got amazing music, atmosphere, graphics, framerates, GORE galore, and some of the coolest, most devistating weapons ever made? On top of lush environments. Nothing beats a shotgun to the face with gibs flying all over the place. Or blowing off the legs/arms.

Some enemies remind me of space pirates/Omega pirate. It's the best run and gun for the GC.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Not to be mean or anything, but I thought Turok Evolution was the worst Gamecube game I ever played. The game was shallow, sloppy, and boring.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Casiotech
how far into it did you get? It starts of boring until about chapter 3.
SauceCaptain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SauceCaptain
Member since 2004 • 1273 Posts
Don't get me wrong it could have been fun ....... but it was just too buggy and glitchy to really enjoy. Try shooting the bow and arrow ...... they didn't even bother to animate it, kind of sad realy
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Casiotech
it's really not glitchy. Every game has it's share of bugs but this is pretty solid. I guess they didn't spend too much time with the bow since nobody really uses it after chapter 3.
zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#6 zh666
Member since 2005 • 5068 Posts

Not to be mean or anything, but I thought Turok Evolution was the worst Gamecube game I ever played. The game was shallow, sloppy, and boring. SmashBrosLegend

i agree with this, pretty bad game overall

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I dnt think it comes anywhereclose to gears or metroid. Hopefully Turok for the 360 will make up for Evolution.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Casiotech

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]Not to be mean or anything, but I thought Turok Evolution was the worst Gamecube game I ever played. The game was shallow, sloppy, and boring. zh666

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]Not to be mean or anything, but I thought Turok Evolution was the worst Gamecube game I ever played. The game was shallow, sloppy, and boring. zh666

HOw can you call it a bad game when the user scores are over 7.5 and gamespot gave it a 7.3?

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zh666
[QUOTE="zh666"]

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]Not to be mean or anything, but I thought Turok Evolution was the worst Gamecube game I ever played. The game was shallow, sloppy, and boring. Casiotech

HOw can you call it a bad game when the user scores are over 7.5 and gamespot gave it a 7.3?

because i own it and have played it, and would rather throw it in the garbage than sell it so some poor kid won't pick it up on accident...

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Casiotech

you're just annoying since you can't back up what you say. It's not terrible, terrible is having half the games on your GC list. The game has some problems when it comes to finding switches and keys but the shooting part is fluid and very enjoyable and satisfying.

Best FPS since Unreal.

beachball417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 beachball417
Member since 2004 • 185 Posts

you're just annoying since you can't back up what you say. It's not terrible, terrible is having half the games on your GC list. The game has some problems when it comes to finding switches and keys but the shooting part is fluid and very enjoyable and satisfying.

Best FPS since Unreal.

Casiotech

No, not even close. This game was garbage.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Casiotech
go back to playing wii brain academy LOL!!!! Now that game is garbage.
zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zh666

Best FPS since Unreal.

Casiotech

i never said all my gamecube games were awesome, and would agree that most suck.. Turok would be one of those... the game is buggy, terrible framerate, ugly graphics, and bad controls.. with a dumb story and lame missions (dinosaur flying mission LAME)... loads of other issues i had with this game.. oh and that reminds me TERRIBLE LOADING.. the WORST issue i had with this game.. it takes forever to load up..

beachball417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 beachball417
Member since 2004 • 185 Posts
How funny is it that no one has agreed with the original poster. Now every post has been an attack on the other posters. Sorry little guy, but I think you are in the minority on this one.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Minishdriveby
Casio always does this when people dont agree with him. He gets upset and throws a fit.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Minishdriveby

why do you always defend yourself by insulting the wii?

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Casiotech
[QUOTE="Casiotech"]

Best FPS since Unreal.

zh666

i never said all my gamecube games were awesome, and would agree that most suck.. Turok would be one of those... the game is buggy, terrible framerate, ugly graphics, and bad controls.. with a dumb story and lame missions (dinosaur flying mission LAME)... loads of other issues i had with this game.. oh and that reminds me TERRIBLE LOADING.. the WORST issue i had with this game.. it takes forever to load up..

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]

Best FPS since Unreal.

zh666

WHAT? The game (as stated by gamespot had the best framerates (near 60)) The loading was once or twice per LARGE segment. If you think those loading times are bad, have you seen splinter cell loading times or any other game?

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Casiotech

Minishdriveby

Since i own a wii, I can say whatever I want about. Someone who gives brain academy a 9.5 and says turok is garbage has serious issues.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Casiotech

How funny is it that no one has agreed with the original poster. Now every post has been an attack on the other posters. Sorry little guy, but I think you are in the minority on this one.beachball417

I'm not the minority. Look at the user reviews the past three or four are like 9.2. The average user review is 7.5 which is almost considered "great".

You guys are just upset that I said it's better than MP in many ways.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Casiotech

How funny is it that no one has agreed with the original poster. Now every post has been an attack on the other posters. Sorry little guy, but I think you are in the minority on this one.beachball417

no if you look the user reviews you would see the past 3 or 4 say over 9.0. The average user review is a 7.5 which is considered almost "Great". You guys are just upset that I said it's better than MP in many ways. It's you who's the minority in this one. Too bad the turok fans are probably xbox owners.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Casiotech

Since i own a wii, I can say whatever I want about. Someone who gives brain academy a 9.5 and says turok is garbage has serious issues.

someone who says turok evolution is AWSOME, and that itis comparable to gears and metroid, as serious issues. But really you shouldnt be bringing up the wii, i mean this isnt a GC dead/live thread, and it not the wii forum so..... if you want to talk about the wii so much go over there.

It's not terrible, terrible is having half the games on your GC list

Your list isnt that impressive either

User scores are always inflated kinda like youre review of Star Fox adventures.... and just to be fair.... wait i cant be more fair cause Beachball417's score for Brain age is..... 7.9 woah, doesnt look like a 9.5 to mean maybe you read the list wrong cause right under that A GAMECUBE GAME GOT A 9.5 OMG, HE MUST HATE THE GAMECUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Recent Ratings

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (WII)7.9The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)9.5Mario Party 8 (WII)8.5WarioWare: Smooth Moves (WII)9.2Wii Sports (WII)8.5Wii Play (WII)7.5Missing: Since January (PC)8.0Worms 3D (GC)8.5TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GC)8.5Tetris Worlds (GC)7.0All My Ratings »

goallie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 goallie
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

[QUOTE="beachball417"]How funny is it that no one has agreed with the original poster. Now every post has been an attack on the other posters. Sorry little guy, but I think you are in the minority on this one.Casiotech

no if you look the user reviews you would see the past 3 or 4 say over 9.0. The average user review is a 7.5 which is considered almost "Great". You guys are just upset that I said it's better than MP in many ways. It's you who's the minority in this one. Too bad the turok fans are probably xbox owners.

Average user score of Metroid: 9.3/10

Average user score of Turok Evolution: 7.1/10

Meatcritic score of Metroid: 97/100

Metacritic score of Turok Evolution: 70/100

Yeah, Turok is totally better than Metroid. :P

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Minishdriveby

To bad turok Evolutioncame out for the Xbox... using your logic metroid would still win read the player reviews on that board. first 3: 10, 9.5, 8.5 average that you get a... 9.3 and the average of all the player reviews (not just the first 3 player reviews) is 9.3

Now take turok the average is actually 7.1 not 7.5 which means it close to a fair score. Take the first 3 reviews: 9.0,9.3, 6.8

woah whats this the average is 8.3

9.3>8.3 metroid is still the winner.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Casiotech"]

[QUOTE="beachball417"]How funny is it that no one has agreed with the original poster. Now every post has been an attack on the other posters. Sorry little guy, but I think you are in the minority on this one.goallie

damn beat me to the PWN!

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zh666

To bad turok Evolutioncame out for the Xbox... using your logic metroid would still win read the player reviews on that board. first 3: 10, 9.5, 8.5 average that you get a... 9.3 and the average of all the player reviews (not just the first 3 player reviews) is 9.3

Now take turok the average is actually 7.1 not 7.5 which means it close to a fair score. Take the first 3 reviews: 9.0,9.3, 6.8

woah whats this the average is 8.3

9.3>8.3 metroid is still the winner.

Minishdriveby

and judging by the Xbox player reviews, they hate it too...

the PS2 average score is 6.9 and the Xbox is 6.8...

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Casiotech
[QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Minishdriveby

someone who says turok evolution is AWSOME, and that itis comparable to gears and metroid, as serious issues. But really you shouldnt be bringing up the wii, i mean this isnt a GC dead/live thread, and it not the wii forum so..... if you want to talk about the wii so much go over there.

It's not terrible, terrible is having half the games on your GC list

Your list isnt that impressive either

User scores are always inflated kinda like youre review of Star Fox adventures.... and just to be fair.... wait i cant be more fair cause Beachball417's score for Brain age is..... 7.9 woah, doesnt look like a 9.5 to mean maybe you read the list wrong cause right under that A GAMECUBE GAME GOT A 9.5 OMG, HE MUST HATE THE GAMECUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Recent Ratings

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (WII)7.9The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)9.5Mario Party 8 (WII)8.5WarioWare: Smooth Moves (WII)9.2Wii Sports (WII)8.5Wii Play (WII)7.5Missing: Since January (PC)8.0Worms 3D (GC)8.5TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GC)8.5Tetris Worlds (GC)7.0All My Ratings »

You're right! User scores are overinflated. I guess MP shouldn't have received an 'overinflated' 9.3!

MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8. Any 6-8 rated GC game that costs $5 is far better than any $8-10 VC game.

Anyone who gives Mario Sunshine an 8.5 and Windwaker a 9.5 has serious issues. Sure I rate games higher than I normally would but seeing that SFA is highly underrated I inflated my score to raise the user score in general.

Again, Turok received acclaim on all three platforms (except PS2) and the user scores speak for themselves. It's a good game, check it out for yourself before trolls run in and put a 1 liner saying how much it sucks because they couldn't beat past level 3.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Casiotech
[QUOTE="goallie"][QUOTE="Casiotech"]

[QUOTE="beachball417"]How funny is it that no one has agreed with the original poster. Now every post has been an attack on the other posters. Sorry little guy, but I think you are in the minority on this one.Minishdriveby

damn beat me to the PWN!

What pwn? YAWN. You guys actually averaged out user reviews, rofl! I wrote that turok is clearly 'better' than MP in 'a lot' of ways. If it were exclusive the rating would be higher of course because all exclusive titles have ratings that are way too high.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Casiotech

The ratings are as follows

Those are pretty damn high. So what if it has only a 'good' user rating instead of a 'great' one. Times changed. This game was overlooked because of Halo and MP and countless other FPS coming out around the same time. Now Wii owners can get Turok and i'm pretty sure with ratings going this way over time the user score will go up to a good 7.8-8.3. The new turok will also cause new enthusiasm for Evolution.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

My brother bought Turok Evolution. I almost fell asleep playing the multiplayer with him. The graphics are aweful, the gunplay is weak, sound wasn't much better.

I hate the game and it baffles me that you like it so much that your willing to debate people on it.

80 plus percent of gamers don't like the game. 20% or less liked it. You happen to be in that 20% margin.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Casiotech

My brother bought Turok Evolution. I almost fell asleep playing the multiplayer with him. The graphics are aweful, the gunplay is weak, sound wasn't much better.

I hate the game and it baffles me that you like it so much that your willing to debate people on it.

80 plus percent of gamers don't like the game. 20% or less liked it. You happen to be in that 20% margin.

PlasmaBeam44

LOL, where did you pull that figure out of? It's the otherway around. The game has great graphics, far as the eye can see horizon's and 60fps most of the time. I know that boring feeling you are talking about, it's called half life.

Gunplay is weak? LOLOLOL. I never seen a rocket launcher be so devistating.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Casiotech

PlasmaBeam44

LOL, where did you pull that figure out of? It's the otherway around. The game has great graphics, far as the eye can see horizon's and 60fps most of the time. I know that boring feeling you are talking about, it's called half life.

Gunplay is weak? LOLOLOL. I never seen a rocket launcher be so devistating.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Minishdriveby

MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8.

UMMM.... what about the 4's and 5's... i mean you might have bought them four a couple bucks, but what if that guy bought them for a couple bucks too.

Anyone who gives Mario Sunshine an 8.5 and Windwaker a 9.5 has serious issues. Sure I rate games higher than I normally would but seeing that SFA is highly underrated I inflated my score to raise the user score in general.

Yeah but you see, legend of zelda would have been rated a 9.5 if GS was on th new rating scale at the time. Mario sunshine is a little better then everyone else says it is. By the way I'm not the one with all the non-reccommended reviews. Cause i actually right them. Instead of going

"Wonderful fluid 60fps and amazing environments want you to play and play again and leave this game running when you go to bed to have lucid dreams. I played this game and beat it twice back to back. Normally I can't replay RPGS. The water effects and fire effects are the best you will see. It looks like a decent xbox360/ps3 game but it's for the Gamecube. Particle effects and all, much like Twilight Princess but cleaner cut." thats more then half your review.

Again, Turok received acclaim on all three platforms (except PS2) and the user scores speak for themselves. It's a good game, check it out for yourself before trolls run in and put a 1 liner saying how much it sucks because they couldn't beat past level 3.

We just showed you the game's mediocre on all the systems. the average was 7 and 6's on the player reviews. you really can't just take the first couple of reviews. Like you do, and like how i did to prove your point wrong. even then your point is still wrong. I've rented it before, that wasenough ofit for me.

This game was overlooked because of Halo and MP and countless other FPS coming out around the same time.

you do know why, right? Here let me tell you, it's because those were better games!

I know that boring feeling you are talking about, it's called half life.

you seem to hate all the highly acclaimed games, and only go for mediocre or okay games. Why is that? Once again im going to tell you this. NOBODY ON THIS THREAD THAT YOU'VE CREATED HAS AGREED WITH YOU, apparently something is wrong. I'm not talking about those stupid little 1 paragraph reviews either. I'm saying when you made this topic hoping to get a positive response, you got a negative response and now have gotten all defensive.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zh666

MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8. Any 6-8 rated GC game that costs $5 is far better than any $8-10 VC game.Casiotech

well, i have about 90 games (and my roommate owns about 50, so within this house, we have 140+ GC games)... I own about all the major GC games I want, and right now the only major ones I that I want and don't own is the Prince of Persia series, Phantasy Star Online 1+2 (which I already own on the Dreamcast) and a little odds and ends games like Virtua Quest, Dinotopia, The Hobbit, PN03, Geist, etc... of course i need Twilight Princess, Baldurs Gate and some others but I've already played them, but right now my main goal is to build up my PS2 library since I'm about done with my GC...

I don't really buy my GC games based on their GS reviews, I mostly like to buy within the genre I like (RPG, Adventure) so I'm willing to buy some crappy game aslong as its within those boundaries...

the only REALLY bad games I have in my collection are BlowOut, Amazing Island, Turok, Evolution Worlds, Medabots Inifity, Spider-Man: The Movie, Spyro Enter the Dragon Fly, Future Tactics, Wario World, Zoo Cube.. and I'm happy with the rest of my collection..

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Casiotech

MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8.

UMMM.... what about the 4's and 5's... i mean you might have bought them four a couple bucks, but what if that guy bought them for a couple bucks too.

Yeah but you see, legend of zelda would have been rated a 9.5 if GS was on th new rating scale at the time. Mario sunshine is a little better then everyone else says it is. By the way I'm not the one with all the non-reccommended reviews. Cause i actually right them. Instead of going

"Wonderful fluid 60fps and amazing environments want you to play and play again and leave this game running when you go to bed to have lucid dreams. I played this game and beat it twice back to back. Normally I can't replay RPGS. The water effects and fire effects are the best you will see. It looks like a decent xbox360/ps3 game but it's for the Gamecube. Particle effects and all, much like Twilight Princess but cleaner cut." thats more then half your review.

We just showed you the game's mediocre on all the systems. the average was 7 and 6's on the player reviews. you really can't just take the first couple of reviews. Like you do, and like how i did to prove your point wrong. even then your point is still wrong. I've rented it before, that wasenough ofit for me.

This game was overlooked because of Halo and MP and countless other FPS coming out around the same time.

you do know why, right? Here let me tell you, it's because those were better games!

I know that boring feeling you are talking about, it's called half life.

you seem to hate all the highly acclaimed games, and only go for mediocre or okay games. Why is that? Once again im going to tell you this. NOBODY ON THIS THREAD THAT YOU'VE CREATED HAS AGREED WITH YOU, apparently something is wrong. I'm not talking about those stupid little 1 paragraph reviews either. I'm saying when you made this topic hoping to get a positive response, you got a negative response and now have gotten all defensive.

Minishdriveby

Yes that is my wonderful review, what's wrong with it? I write detailed reviews for games that need criticism and the ones that are perfect don't need more than a paragraph for a review. My MP was particulary detailed. People don't agree with it because nobody read it. It's probably the same troll that clicked on my profile and d/r all my reviews just because of jealousy or spite. Clearly.

I just showed YOU that the past FIVE reviews averaged over 9.0

Halo is better than Turok and so is MP but Turok is better than both (at least MP) in A LOT of ways!

The Player reviews speak for themselves. I don't care if 3 trolls disagree.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Casiotech

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8. Any 6-8 rated GC game that costs $5 is far better than any $8-10 VC game.zh666

well, i have about 90 games (and my roommate owns about 50, so within this house, we have 140+ GC games)... I own about all the major GC games I want, and right now the only major ones I that I want and don't own is the Prince of Persia series, Phantasy Star Online 1+2 (which I already own on the Dreamcast) and a little odds and ends games like Virtua Quest, Dinotopia, The Hobbit, PN03, Geist, etc... of course i need Twilight Princess, Baldurs Gate and some others but I've already played them, but right now my main goal is to build up my PS2 library since I'm about done with my GC...

I don't really buy my GC games based on their GS reviews, I mostly like to buy within the genre I like (RPG, Adventure) so I'm willing to buy some crappy game aslong as its within those boundaries...

the only REALLY bad games I have in my collection are BlowOut, Amazing Island, Turok, Evolution Worlds, Medabots Inifity, Spider-Man: The Movie, Spyro Enter the Dragon Fly, Future Tactics, Wario World, Zoo Cube.. and I'm happy with the rest of my collection..

If I counted the games in my store and copies of games I would have over 300 GC games and I probably have played over 400 GC games in my time. Keep building that PS2 collection (i'm about too break 320 although PS2 games don't keep good value like GC games because of all the Wii users demand) I could point out A LOT more than the games in your collection that are GHASTLY.

The only truely HORRID game in my collection is Spyhunter.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zh666
[QUOTE="zh666"]

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8. Any 6-8 rated GC game that costs $5 is far better than any $8-10 VC game.Casiotech

If I counted the games in my store and copies of games I would have over 300 GC games and I probably have played over 400 GC games in my time. Keep building that PS2 collection (i'm about too break 320 although PS2 games don't keep good value like GC games because of all the Wii users demand) I could point out A LOT more than the games in your collection that are GHASTLY.

if by "your store" you mean the gamestop you work part time at, then wow i'm impressed.... playing 400 gamecubes does not impress me at all... because the majority of them suck, and I pretty much only play RPGs and Adventure titles, and I've played and beaten 90% of what the Gamecube has to offer with those... so you're boring me with those numbers... my Gamecube collection is about finished at 90.. so what are you trying to prove with this post?

as for the PS2, the same, 320 PS2 is nothing because 80% of those are sure to be crap... not very impressed either... I have more games than I can play right now, so I don't really need 320 PS2 games at the moment, since when I start an RPG, I like to finish them.. and i really don't care about the value or devalue of games right now.. but at the moment, the games I do enjoy tend to go up in value, no matter the system...

if you want to point out my horrid ghastly games, then go ahead... the only other ones I can think of are the Lord of the Rings games.. and let me point out that I've paid no more than $20 for a majority of the games I own, heck I bet alot of those were under $10... the only game I remember ever paying full price for was Batalion Wars and that was worth every penny...

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Minishdriveby

Halo is better than Turokand so is MPbut Turok is better than both (at least MP) in A LOT of ways!

argument over, you proved yourself wrong.

equals 8.8 not over nine but close, here let me do the math for you.

9+9.3+6.8+9+10=44.1/5=8.82

average=8.8

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Casiotech
[QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="zh666"]

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8. Any 6-8 rated GC game that costs $5 is far better than any $8-10 VC game.zh666

if by "your store" you mean the gamestop you work part time at, then wow i'm impressed.... playing 400 gamecubes does not impress me at all... because the majority of them suck, and I pretty much only play RPGs and Adventure titles, and I've played and beaten 90% of what the Gamecube has to offer with those... so you're boring me with those numbers... my Gamecube collection is about finished at 90.. so what are you trying to prove with this post?

as for the PS2, the same, 320 PS2 is nothing because 80% of those are sure to be crap... not very impressed either... I have more games than I can play right now, so I don't really need 320 PS2 games at the moment, since when I start an RPG, I like to finish them.. and i really don't care about the value or devalue of games right now.. but at the moment, the games I do enjoy tend to go up in value, no matter the system...

if you want to point out my horrid ghastly games, then go ahead... the only other ones I can think of are the Lord of the Rings games.. and let me point out that I've paid no more than $20 for a majority of the games I own, heck I bet alot of those were under $10... the only game I remember ever paying full price for was Batalion Wars and that was worth every penny...

No, by "in my store" i mean CD TRADER, in Miami, FL. A store that I OWN and sell media in. I also sell on Amazon through featured merchants. Do you even work or do you just play video games all day? rofl.

No, My ps2 games aren't crap. 320 isn't a lot from the some over 2000. In fact, they are all rated 8 or higher. With a few exceptions being a 6-7. WHen I have time, i'll make a PS2 list especially for you to fawn over!

You also don't know anything if you think the "PS2" values go up LOL. Most PS2 games are half the GC price for the same game! In addition, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of any single copy of most games whereas GC games are only a few dozen for sale on average of each title (check out Amazon for yourself).

LOTR games are actually very good! Diehard, Crash Bandicoot, Conflict, spyro, tmnt, the list goes on. But again, if you bought them for a couple of bucks then I don't care but you stated you paid "$20" for the majority which is sad. Atleast I buy my media for a couple bucks a game ($2 MP, $6 MP2, etc)

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Casiotech

Halo is better than Turokand so is MPbut Turok is better than both (at least MP) in A LOT of ways!

average=8.8

Minishdriveby

average=8.8

Minishdriveby

average=8.8

Minishdriveby

There never was any argument, I clearly stated that from the beginning that MP is a better game, but Turok is better in MANY WAYS. Such as Intelligent AI, etc. Multiplayer. PWNED. 8.8=9. I eyeballed it, you actually had to add it up.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zh666
[QUOTE="zh666"][QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="zh666"]

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]MY GC collection (consisting of 81 games) is overly impressive. I bought the 9-10 scored games. Then the 8-9 scored games when I ran out of games to buy that were all super hits, I was bored and continued to buy other games that are decent to own given their small price tags- the games rated 6-8. Any 6-8 rated GC game that costs $5 is far better than any $8-10 VC game.Casiotech

No, by "in my store" i mean CD TRADER, in Miami, FL. A store that I OWN and sell media in. I also sell on Amazon through featured merchants. Do you even work or do you just play video games all day? rofl.

No, My ps2 games aren't crap. 320 isn't a lot from the some over 2000. In fact, they are all rated 8 or higher. With a few exceptions being a 6-7. WHen I have time, i'll make a PS2 list especially for you to fawn over!

You also don't know anything if you think the "PS2" values go up LOL. Most PS2 games are half the GC price for the same game! In addition, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of any single copy of most games whereas GC games are only a few dozen for sale on average of each title (check out Amazon for yourself).

LOTR games are actually very good! Diehard, Crash Bandicoot, Conflict, spyro, tmnt, the list goes on. But again, if you bought them for a couple of bucks then I don't care but you stated you paid "$20" for the majority which is sad. Atleast I buy my media for a couple bucks a game ($2 MP, $6 MP2, etc)

I would like to see that PS2 list and be amazed at it.. since (for the billionth time) I only play and care about RPGs on that system.. so when I see all your amazing list of games from EA, Ubisoft, THQ and Rockstar I'll try to hide my excitement...

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Casiotech

I'm not seeing great graphics. I'm seeing N64 graphics that look a little better due to the GCs power.

By the way. Half-Life runs circles around that ****y Turok game you love so much.

PlasmaBeam44

If you can't tell the difference b/w turok 64 and GC turok. That just screams at what your opinion is worth!

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Casiotech
[QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="zh666"][QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="zh666"]

I would like to see that PS2 list and be amazed at it.. since (for the billionth time) I only play and care about RPGs on that system.. so when I see all your amazing list of games from EA, Ubisoft, THQ and Rockstar I'll try to hide my excitement...

wrong again, I tend to keep my PS2/DC collection to Japanese Imports only.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zh666
[QUOTE="zh666"][QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="zh666"][QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="zh666"]

wrong again, I tend to keep my PS2/DC collection to Japanese Imports only.

you're making me sooo jealous... you have a bunch of games you can't understand..

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Casiotech

Those are easily better GFX than MP.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

average=8.8

Casiotech

average=8.8

Minishdriveby

average=8.8

Minishdriveby

There never was any argument, I clearly stated that from the beginning that MP is a better game, but Turok is better in MANY WAYS. Such as Intelligent AI, etc. Multiplayer. PWNED. 8.8=9. I eyeballed it, you actually had to add it up.

i was doingit for you cause you were wrong you said it was over 9.0, so i was backing up my point and i proved you wrong.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I'm not going to debate with you anymore. I'm working toward being a moderator on GameSpot so I've got to make a good impression so I can't be going around doing this.