Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 The_apotheosis9
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Should Tales of the Abyss been for the Gamecube

Tell me what u guys think...............

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#2 zh666
Member since 2005 • 5068 Posts
yes, the PS2 is overcrowded with RPGs and the Gamecube is starving for them, especially big titles like that.. but then again, that game wasn't nearly as good as Symphonia, so oh well... it should of atleast got a Wii port... that would of been a smart move by Namco, but they blew that..
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#3 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
No
-Ophiuchus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 -Ophiuchus-
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
I'd like to think another Tales should have made it onto the Gamecube, but Abyss wasn't quite as good as Symphonia in my opinion.

And considering that, if another was in developed, it would likely not make it to the States.

But Symphonia's sequel on Wii is quite pleasantly unexpected, and considering its made by several members of the Symphonia team and running only on a heavily modified Symphonia engine, it should have the potential to be just as good or better.

But in anybody's opinion, Symphonia didn't sell quite as well as Abyss, especially state side (but get this, its actually VERY popular in Quebec) does anybody really think that the team would be willing to risk losing out on the PS2 market possibilities? It was great on the Gamecube, but they didn't make quite as much as on the PS2 games.

Regardless, I absolutely loved Symphonia. It's in my top two RPG's if not the top (Skies of Arcadia still thrills me) on the Gamecube, and absolutely the best of series and among the best of all RPG's ever made.

But what really excites me at this point is Innocence on the DS. It looks amazing, and considering how long its been in development compared to the PSP Tales, it ought to be amazing. Its nice to see that Nintendo isn't forgotten in the RPG market, especially by the Tales teams.
Avatar image for The_apotheosis9
The_apotheosis9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 The_apotheosis9
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts
thanks they should of though too bad more namco could of had more sale oh well
zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#6 zh666
Member since 2005 • 5068 Posts

But in anybody's opinion, Symphonia didn't sell quite as well as Abyss, especially state side (but get this, its actually VERY popular in Quebec) does anybody really think that the team would be willing to risk losing out on the PS2 market possibilities? It was great on the Gamecube, but they didn't make quite as much as on the PS2 games.
-Ophiuchus-

actually, Symphonia sold well over a million copies so far, and Abyss is around 400-500,000, and since it's so late in the PS2 gen, I doubt it will have enough time to ever catch up in sales... Symphonia didn't do well in Japan on the Gamecube (thats why they ported it to the PS2 later) but it did VERY well in North America for the Cube...

this brings up another Namco mistake and its with Soul Caliber 2, which sold the best on the Gamecube, yet they made SC3 as a PS2 exclusive and didn't do nearly as well

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#7 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
yes, they didn't have to make it an exclusive especially seeing how well Tales of Symphonia sold on Gamecube.