FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
This game is okay, but way too difficult for a 9.7. I rate Metroid Prime a 8.7 due to repetitive enviroments and too many little annoying enemies.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The first Metroid Prime isn't too bad but the second one is very hard.
ryan_returns29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 ryan_returns29
Member since 2006 • 3191 Posts

The first Metroid Prime isn't too bad but the second one is very hard. Rocky32189

Correct, I didn't find the first game hard, it was an average difficulty, but Metroid Prime 2 was much harder than the original. How are you finding the game hard, do you keep getting killed by enemies, keep getting lost...?

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]The first Metroid Prime isn't too bad but the second one is very hard. ryan_returns29

Correct, I didn't find the first game hard, it was an average difficulty, but Metroid Prime 2 was much harder than the original. How are you finding the game hard, do you keep getting killed by enemies, keep getting lost...?

agreed, MP1 was pretty easy. MP2 was harder yeah, but not "impossible" by any means.
EnderofGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EnderofGames
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

This game is okay, but way too difficult for a 9.7. I rate Metroid Prime a 8.7 due to repetitive enviroments and too many little annoying enemies.FPSjohn

You must suck at the game if you find it hard, and the enviroments only repeat when you go back to the same place. The game desrves a 10 if you ask me. 

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts

[QUOTE="FPSjohn"]This game is okay, but way too difficult for a 9.7. I rate Metroid Prime a 8.7 due to repetitive enviroments and too many little annoying enemies.EnderofGames

You must suck at the game if you find it hard, and the enviroments only repeat when you go back to the same place. The game desrves a 10 if you ask me.

totally. the game is a work of art.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
[QUOTE="ryan_returns29"]

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]The first Metroid Prime isn't too bad but the second one is very hard. Goten_king

agreed, MP1 was pretty easy. MP2 was harder yeah, but not "impossible" by any means.

Not impossible, but still kinda hard just due to the fact that there is a lot of back tracking ans sometimes you dont quite know where to go.
Teuvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Teuvan
Member since 2003 • 10151 Posts

This game is okay, but way too difficult for a 9.7. I rate Metroid Prime a 8.7 due to repetitive enviroments and too many little annoying enemies.FPSjohn

A++ REVIEW FIVE STARS WOULD READ AGAIN

...In any case, I didn't find it to be particularly hard at all. And the "little annoying enemies" weren't very difficult to take out if you knew how. Also, since when does difficulty dictate what score a game should recieve? I'd much rather have a game that presents a high level of fair challenge than one that can be refered to as a cakewalk.

Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
Yeah, it's a beautiful game, but all the backtracking! Christ on a cracker... that got old fast. I didn't think it was that hard. My (non-gamer) sister got hooked for some reason and nearly beat the game. And she's never beat a game before, so I think that's saying something.
Superlegtesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Superlegtesta
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts

[QUOTE="FPSjohn"]This game is okay, but way too difficult for a 9.7. I rate Metroid Prime a 8.7 due to repetitive enviroments and too many little annoying enemies.EnderofGames

It can be a bit repetitive. But the music isn't annoying and the creatures not too difficult to kill, so even if come back on your tracks it's still enjoyable.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34724 Posts
I don't find Metroid Prime nor Metroid Prime 2: Echoes that hard. PERFECT difficulty, if you ask me. I hope MP3 wont be an easier game. The game gets exactly the score GameSpot gave it, but I change the 8 in sound to a 9, which makes the score 9.8 or 9.9.. not sure.. However, it's definitely a masterpiece.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts
I don't see whats wrong with games having a little difficulty to them.  Why would I want to fork out $59.99 or whatever, and then just stroll through a game without a challenge?
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Metroid Prime has perfect difficulty

....and the game IMO deserved a perfect score.

alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
I found Metroid Prime to be average in the difficulty department. I just started 2 and it seems the same. The only difficult thing I encountered was trying to find all of the weapon upgrades (I need one more missile upgrade to max out) without a manual.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I found Metroid Prime to be of a little above average difficulty, but nothing too hard to destroy the gameplay. The second Prime is considerably harder, and I liked it that way. If you want hard, you need to check out F-Zero GX.
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
NEVER rate a game lower due to it's difficulty. I hate that. Dead Or alive 4 is EXTREMLY hard but still fun. If you think Metroid is hard, try Resident evil 4 :P
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#17 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Metroid Prime 2 is hard but the first one isn't.

EnderofGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EnderofGames
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

I don't see whats wrong with games having a little difficulty to them. Why would I want to fork out $59.99 or whatever, and then just stroll through a game without a challenge?TheKungFool

The game is not so easy that'd wouldn't be worth $59.99, though. Besides, it does have a hard mode, which really helps, too.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

The last two boss battles in Metroid Prime are hard. I was stuck on them for quite a while. It felt great when I finally beat it though.

metroidprime_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 metroidprime_1
Member since 2006 • 4768 Posts
Nothing THAT hard and it should of got a 10 most atmosperic game ever and great bosses. Now on hard mode getting 100 % completion thats hard :D
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FPSjohn

AFBrat77

This Game doesn't even have a story line that everyone can pick up on. I have been playing this game for a year or longer and only know that space pirates ( that don't even look like pirates ) are taking over or something. So the lacking of a great story line should have lowered the score.

FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
i never liked the 3D Metroid games
metroidprime_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 metroidprime_1
Member since 2006 • 4768 Posts
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

FPSjohn

This Game doesn't even have a story line that everyone can pick up on. I have been playing this game for a year or longer and only know that space pirates ( that don't even look like pirates ) are taking over or something. So the lacking of a great story line should have lowered the score.

Ha thats why its the Cube's Number #1 game right behind RE 4

Story for prime is Samus is sent to a space vessel and is sent there by the Galatic Federation to check the disturbace where she runs into ridley ( The leader of the Space Pirates) She then chases him down to tallon 4 and finds the mysterious substance Pharoz. Phaoz is being used by the Space Pirates to make other creaturex stronger. So she must destroy the Space Pirate forces there, kill ridley and find out wat pharoz is/

FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FPSjohn
Why didn't Retro studios use some kind of story explanation such as Paper Mario's technique by having some chapters to seperate the biggining of the story from the end.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

FPSjohn

You figure out the story and piece it together as you go along, Retro wanted you to experience the game as though you were Samus going through the experience yourself, instead of just feeding a story to you. The Atmosphere to the game is through the roof.

The story does not take away from Metroid Prime at all, in fact it was the right way to handle it. No way it should have lowered the score, no way at all.

oroeovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 oroeovo
Member since 2003 • 186 Posts
metroid prime is too repetitive!!!!! that is what might make it seem hard. i got board with killing the same guys over and over and never finished it. at first i thought it was a nice nod to the original nes game i played. kill the same space pirate over 25 times and I just got board.
cokeruless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cokeruless
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
It's not that hard after you get used to how the game works and know how to kill the people without getting owned. You may die a couple times at the first boss or at a new enemy just cause you don't know what the hell to do, but after a bit it's not bad. As for MP being exciting... It was horrible at keeping me interested. Mostly just cause of all of the backtracking, and because of that I never finished the game... Stopped a little after the ghost things cause it got annoying having to kill those things over and over again even with the right equipment...
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FPSjohn
Seriously, metroid is not a better game that super mario 64, which scored a 9.6. So if Metroid Prime gets a higher score for repetiveness, backtracking and a lazy story line what does that tell you? The person who rated this game obviously didn't refer to other pieces of art to decide this mediocre game's score. All I have to say is this game gets way way way too much applause for the game it really is. I honestly don't think even most scientists would understand all the big words they put in that game. So how can most of you say you understood the story line as well as some video game that spoon feeds you the story?
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="ryan_returns29"]

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]The first Metroid Prime isn't too bad but the second one is very hard. Goten_king

i agree, and thats why i prefered MP2 (although alot of people prefer the first MP) it was challenging!
Israfel856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Israfel856
Member since 2006 • 2483 Posts
You can get lost with all the back-tracking, but it's not too hard. MP2 is harder though.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AFBrat77

Seriously, metroid is not a better game that super mario 64, which scored a 9.6. So if Metroid Prime gets a higher score for repetiveness, backtracking and a lazy story line what does that tell you? The person who rated this game obviously didn't refer to other pieces of art to decide this mediocre game's score. All I have to say is this game gets way way way too much applause for the game it really is. I honestly don't think even most scientists would understand all the big words they put in that game. So how can most of you say you understood the story line as well as some video game that spoon feeds you the story?FPSjohn

I totally disagree with you. Mediocre? It isn't just Greg K. that gives this Masterpiece a great score:

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

93 reviews, 96.3% average, the critics know its a great game, even if some of you haven't figured it out yet.

elite_s3rpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 elite_s3rpent
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts

Metroid one was easy but the second one is crazy, I still haven't beat it. I'm stuck on the boost guardian and he keeps H.U.M.P.I.N.G me no matte where I go. I hope the third one is easier

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AFBrat77

Metroid one was easy but the second one is crazy, I still haven't beat it. I'm stuck on the boost guardian and he keeps H.U.M.P.I.N.G me no matte where I go. I hope the third one is easier

elite_s3rpent

It took me at least 10 tries to beat the Boost Guardian first time I faced him. Hang in there!

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
[QUOTE="elite_s3rpent"]

AFBrat77

It took me at least 10 tries to beat the Boost Guardian first time I faced him. Hang in there!

It took me awhile to figure him out too. But once you do, he's not too hard.
castillomike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 castillomike
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

the first metroid prime is easy but the second is really hard because of all the bosses and that you have 2 survive in the darkness:o

Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
you really think it's hard? metroid prime 2 was a lot harder
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Too hard? I beat it without using any strategy guides or anything... and I'm TERRIBLE at figuring out puzzles and stuff.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
Its only difficult if you put it on Hard Mode.
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -4

#40 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
I thought both could be pretty tricky. They are definately games for more experienced gamers, but I also dont think that's a bad thing.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
No. Metroid Prime is the best game ever. The learning curve is perfect.
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FPSjohn
Metroid Prime is a stinky game and you know it.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Metroid Prime is a stinky game and you know it.FPSjohn
That's your own fault and you know it.
-CPK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -CPK-
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
I thought Metroid Prime was the perfect difficulty.
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
its hard alot of backtracking i had to get the book to help me its ridicoulsy hard, but so rewarrding if u get it done
joefisher53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 joefisher53
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
i played through both of them on the hard difficulty setting and got 100%. it was obviously more challenging but just like most people here i would not say that it was TOO hard. in my opinion there aren't enough hard games out there, so i enjoyed having to work for it!
renagadez187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47 renagadez187
Member since 2005 • 2088 Posts
I found it hard at the start but once I really started getting into it, it wasn't all that difficult. And at times I didfind some parts repetitive but I still think it's a top-notch game.
CheddarLimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CheddarLimbo
Member since 2006 • 3909 Posts

Infidels!  We should be so lucky to get more games like Metroid Prime!  It is a masterpiece. 

I'm tired of titles that hold your hand and drag you kicking and screaming through the first quarter of the game with a forced "tutorial".

casinater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 casinater
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
umm....those games are not hard....no room looks the same as another....except the dark side of metroid prime 2.....and there are no "little" enemies in metroid...the next room you enter could be your last!