Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Casiotech
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts

This game had it's great moments of course. Like Omega pirate was the greatest battle ever. But it went on too long and if you missed something you had to trail all the way back when almost finished (like those annoying artifacts). I wonder if part two is so boring or if there is less backtracking. Also, many annoying elevators made me go all the way around because there isn't a direct path. IT's like Starfox, whereas TP had a teleportation system FTW.

The game wasn't challenging at all and I had trouble only once in the mines where there wasn't a save point. Otherwise everything was very easy even Metroid Prime I beat after the second go. Same with Ridley. Also entering a room over and over to see the same predictible characters pop up is annoying. Same with the ghosts.

Is MP2 less annoying? Better? I have three copies sitting here (I am an amazon power seller) and I want to play but not yet. Multiplayer looks really fun to play with my g/f.

Radiata_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Radiata_Blue
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
MP 2 is essentially more of the same. In some ways its more difficult than MP 1, but the game mechanics are pretty much exactly the same. The addition of multiplayer is a nice touch, but its not quite as fun as it sounds. From your original post it seems like your complaints have more to do with the Metroid series in general, rather than the specific game of MP. If you found the core gameplay experience of MP to be boring or not your taste, then you shouldn't get MP 2. The Metroid series isnot for everyone, some of its mechanics mightseem antequated, boring, or unrealistic, but its these things that truly define the Metroid series and again if you don't enjoy them then the games are clearly not for you.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Metroid Prime 2 is longer, harder, and has more back tracking and multiplayer sucks. But it is still an amazing game that should be owned by all GC games.

How can you say this game is too long? It can easily be beaten in 10 hours. I thought it was pretty short especially compared to 40+ hour games like Zelda:TP.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Casiotech
because your first time around, without help from the internet as i'm sure you had, through trial and error, it took me closer to 20 hours. I scanned 85% worth.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Casiotech
because your first time around, without help from the internet as i'm sure you had, through trial and error, it took me closer to 20 hours. I scanned 85% worth.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189

My first time through I beat the game in 15 hours with around 60% and over 80% scanned.

I didn't use any guides or internet help. I don't need people to beat games for me. Guides and help are for noobs.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Casiotech

My first time through I beat the game in 15 hours with around 60% and over 80% scanned.

I didn't use any guides or internet help. I don't need people to beat games for me. Guides and help are for noobs.

Rocky32189

I meant my completion says 80%. I didn't know you have seperate stats for scans or completion. So 15 hours is kinda long. I would rather have it a straightforward game that lasts 4-5 hours. Because it would have more replay value. I would rather play it 3 times @5 hrs than once at 15hrs with backtracking.
BigB_Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BigB_Anderson
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

I beat the game, I had almost 100% scans, somewhere around 80% objects, and its one of my fave. And in case you didn't noticed, you can exit almost any rooms anytime you want.

As for Metroid prime 2, its better, but you still have to search for a lot of things. (Instead of artifacts, its keys, but they're not difficult to find if you know the trick.)

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
You fit into a class of people that goes through MP looking for things to happen or things to do, but the looking itself is what the game is in the Metroid Prime games. Either you "get it" or you don't. So don't feel bewilidered or bad if it doesn't work for you, the game is like that, it just has a way of dividing opinion.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Articuno76

because your first time around, without help from the internet as i'm sure you had, through trial and error, it took me closer to 20 hours. I scanned 85% worth.Casiotech

I took 26hrs and finished with 63% total. And tbh I thought the games bosses and challenge were good and length was fine. I can't say I enjoyed it though, but on the second play through it began to make more sense to me and I slipped into the sort of pacing needed to enjoy the game (fortunately I didn't have this problem with MP2, so I enjoyed it more even if it is arguably not as good as MP1).

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rocky32189
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

Casiotech

I meant my completion says 80%. I didn't know you have seperate stats for scans or completion. So 15 hours is kinda long. I would rather have it a straightforward game that lasts 4-5 hours. Because it would have more replay value. I would rather play it 3 times @5 hrs than once at 15hrs with backtracking.

I thought it was a good length. It wasn't short but not overly long either. You must hate Zelda:TP. That game is over twice as long with tons of sides things to as well.

Backtracking has been a part of Metroid games since 1987. They put you in a big world and expect you to explore and you can access new areas as you gain new items. I personally think it's a much better gameplay mechanic than a completely linear experience. Back tracking works a lot better in MP3 than it did in the first two.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
MP2 will be more boring than MP1 to you... but MP1 just isn't meant to be an exciting game.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Casiotech
[QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

Rocky32189

I thought it was a good length. It wasn't short but not overly long either. You must hate Zelda:TP. That game is over twice as long with tons of sides things to as well.

Backtracking has been a part of Metroid games since 1987. They put you in a big world and expect you to explore and you can access new areas as you gain new items. I personally think it's a much better gameplay mechanic than a completely linear experience. Back tracking works a lot better in MP3 than it did in the first two.

[QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

Rocky32189

TP didn't have backtracking they had teleportation points. You don't have to do much ''traveling''. SFA had all backtracking, but it was so cool looking and colorful I didn't mind.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Funkyhamster

Rocky32189

I thought that MP3 was more linear... but then again, MP1 didn't seem that bad to me either. The thing is, with the hint system it didn't really feel like backtracking to me - because when you came back to an area you had new abilities and whatnot that made it easier or more interesting.

Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
i kinda agree it was kinda boring the first time thru but im going through it a second time on hard and its awsome!!!
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#16 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

This game had it's great moments of course. Like Omega pirate was the greatest battle ever. But it went on too long and if you missed something you had to trail all the way back when almost finished (like those annoying artifacts). I wonder if part two is so boring or if there is less backtracking. Also, many annoying elevators made me go all the way around because there isn't a direct path. IT's like Starfox, whereas TP had a teleportation system FTW.

The game wasn't challenging at all and I had trouble only once in the mines where there wasn't a save point. Otherwise everything was very easy even Metroid Prime I beat after the second go. Same with Ridley. Also entering a room over and over to see the same predictible characters pop up is annoying. Same with the ghosts.

Is MP2 less annoying? Better? I have three copies sitting here (I am an amazon power seller) and I want to play but not yet. Multiplayer looks really fun to play with my g/f.

Casiotech

I totally agree with you. Yep, I loved TP's teleport system. Star Fox wasn't near as bad because the backtracking wasn't very far and it moved the story along with cutscenes and stuff, which made it less boring/tedious to me. :-P

skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#17 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

Rocky32189

reported... lighten up.

gary18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 gary18
Member since 2003 • 77 Posts

If you find it boring why were you playing it till the end ?

Don't waste your time go and play anything else

And igot the worst ending .... shame on me

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
The first one took 13 hours and i scanned everything a obtained all power ups. I didn't use a guide or help either. MP: 2 is a little more annoying but i didnt find the first one annoying at all really. MP1 is better.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Funkyhamster
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

skreetpreacha

reported... lighten up.

He wasn't flaming Casio right there... Casio had accused him of using internet help, which he denied.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Articuno76
[QUOTE="skreetpreacha"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

Funkyhamster

reported... lighten up.

He wasn't flaming Casio right there... Casio had accused him of using internet help, which he denied.

He can still be reported for calling someone a "noob", though it's debateable whether he was talking to him directly or generally addressing people.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Funkyhamster

As for Metroid prime 2, its better, but you still have to search for a lot of things. (Instead of artifacts, its keys, but they're not difficult to find if you know the trick.)

BigB_Anderson

Yeah... I'm assuming that's the sequence GS was talking about when they said that there's an extremely difficult late-game sequence... but it really isn't that bad. :?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Minishdriveby

Casiotech

Didn't you make a thread about a month ago praising MP "I had no idea MP was so great!!!" what happened???

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Articuno76
[QUOTE="BigB_Anderson"]

Funkyhamster

Yeah... I'm assuming that's the sequence GS was talking about when they said that there's an extremely difficult late-game sequence... but it really isn't that bad. :?

I loved that bit personally. Once I figured out how you had to overlay those clues to find the area and then more specifically the room, it became a synch.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Metroid Prime is the GC's best game, 2002 GS GotY, 96.3% Rating at Gamerankings, the highest ranking this decade.

I believe I agree with the critics that the game is in no way, shape, or form, boring.

If u want boring, play Halo single-player, the lazy level design is sleep-inducing zzzzzzzzzzzzz

IMO Guides are fine if you are stuck somewhere for quite a bit of time. After all, at some time you have to put your pride aside and say I want to continue thru the game.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Casiotech

what happened? I beat it is what happened. On top of that, the ghosts were the most ANNOYING enemies I have ever seen.

Sure backtracking was always part of the game. But you never had to backtrack to the beginning. I understand if they kept the backtracking to the area. IE, magmoor caverns. But to go back to each world over again was really, really redundant. I hope that the next game (yes there will be a next game, why wouldn't there be, metroid will always be around) will have backtracking specific to the level/area you are in and not the start points and everywhere.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rocky32189

I never minded the backtracking personally, but Retro is cetainly listening to those that are complaining about it. Metroid Prime 3 has a "warp" system which lets you fly your ship to multiple locations in each area and lets you fly to anywhere from your current location. They also explain all backtracking through story sequencesand they make more sense. I think MP3 has solved the backtracking dilemma. They kept the backtracking which is an essential part of the Metroid franchise, but made it much more user friendly.

raghraghragh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#29 raghraghragh
Member since 2007 • 6613 Posts

I found MP pretty tedious.For a game where essentially NOTHING happens,I didn't find anything very compelling.The graphics weren't even nice enough for me to ignore how much I didn't enjoy the game.

Although I can't say I'm surprised.There weren't many games I enjoyed on the Cube that Nintendo published.N64 FTW!

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Casiotech
I want to know more about MP2. I have couple copies sitting here but it looks creepier than the first. Is it harder? Would I get stuck more often?
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Minishdriveby

what happened? I beat it is what happened. On top of that, the ghosts were the most ANNOYING enemies I have ever seen.

Sure backtracking was always part of the game. But you never had to backtrack to the beginning. I understand if they kept the backtracking to the area. IE, magmoor caverns. But to go back to each world over again was really, really redundant. I hope that the next game (yes there will be a next game, why wouldn't there be, metroid will always be around) will have backtracking specific to the level/area you are in and not the start points and everywhere.

Casiotech

MP2:e's back tracking isnt specific to the area and you have two deminsions to back track in. It's also harder then MP and not as good.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Casiotech

why isn't it as good??? What are your dislikes that many people were annoyed about. I'm not sure i have it in me to go on an epic quest right now.

GS said that the multiplayer although simple, was a nice addition to the package. If they added something to the Wii version it would deliver.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Minishdriveby

why isn't it as good??? What are your dislikes that many people were annoyed about. I'm not sure i have it in me to go on an epic quest right now.

GS said that the multiplayer although simple, was a nice addition to the package. If they added something to the Wii version it would deliver.

Casiotech

the two worlds thing was kinda annoying espcially the dark world, it became more tedious to find your way around, cause unlike the light world(all rooms were attached)the dark world would make you go from point in the dark world back to the light world and then all the way around to another portal and then through the dark world. You say you didnt like back tracking so you probably wont like this. There are also a couple of very annoying bosses. The multiplayer sucks it not a nice addition and MP3:c is better for not having the multiplayer. Plus everything is darker and gloomier, which is okay but, i like the more vibrant enviroments in MP. If you thought the 1st was tedious you'll probably hate the second.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Casiotech
I dunno if it was tendious. I just like my games to go quick. I like to have an all nighter and beat the game. Not three all nighters. I like to beat them in one sitting, otherwise I have to rush and then it gets boring because it drags on to me. This is why I will never finish Tales or FF:CC or TP. (which i'm almost finished with -final dungeon)
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rocky32189

MP2 is an excellent game... if you enjoyed the first. It is pretty much more of the same with better bosses and a longer quest. Many people don't like it as much because the dark world is a bit annoying, it is harder, and the areas aren't as memorable. Also, the multiplayer is terrible.

Still, it is one of the GC's best games and should be owned by everyone who has a GC.

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
My first time was i think 22 hours with 93% items and like 91% scans. i love exploring

umm.. then MP2 was forever... i nearly gave up for a year cuz of thsoe stupid artifacts... broke down and used a guide :( and finally beat it.
flux_dA3m0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 flux_dA3m0n
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

At times the game was quite hard for me especially the Omega Pirate which took a few tries, and collecting missile expansions all the time was very annoying for me as I do dread backtracking especially through the crashed frigate. The artifact collecting part at the end I hated the most. Ridley was also sort of hard and took a few times until I realized how easy he was really once I tried using the plasma gun against him. The chozo ghosts were really easy, just power beam or super missile them and your good. Metroid Prime on the other hand was slightly more challenging especially if you didn't know what to do at the second phase but once I figured it out it was very easy.

So yeah, if I had to rate it wouldn't be 9, but a high 8...definately not for everyone.