shadzeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shadzeo
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
well most of my friends say it is but i swear it is just so easy to lose my time in my gba sp as it is on my ds but i dont think it is relly dieing because of the ds rember people it plays gba games thats a good thing.but what do others think?
valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 valmonte
Member since 2005 • 736 Posts

well most of my friends say it is but i swear it is just so easy to lose my time in my gba sp as it is on my ds but i dont think it is relly dieing because of the ds rember people it plays gba games thats a good thing.but what do others think?shadzeo

It's had a good run, and I've actually had a ball the past couple days with Ghost Rider for GBA. But honestly... there's not that much lined up for it. The new content is drying up. That's what your friends mean, and they're right to some degree. Look at it this way though. It ended pretty spectacularly with the release of FF VI.

Now if you're like me though... likely you're going to hold onto it. They tell me the Dreamcast is a dead system, but that doesn't stop me from playing mine at least once a week. If you still LIKE a system, there's no reason to shelf it.

Mystic_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Mystic_Legend
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
Every console has to die at one point, and the GBA had a great run. Nothing wrong with going back and playing classics.
crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Ya it may not have as many new fresh games to play, but I still enjoy playing the games I do have on it.
gary18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 gary18
Member since 2003 • 77 Posts

13:43:39

Of course is not dying ..... im afraid is already dead   ..at least if we talking about new games

But im still gonna play it and maybe seek for three or two old games

Avatar image for 207103154018638488030416283915

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 207103154018638488030416283915
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts
gba going downhill
Avatar image for Nintendogamer33
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nintendogamer33
Member since 2004 • 1285 Posts
The GBA is not dead because it's still produced, it sold more than the PS3 from Dec. 31-Mar. 31, and games are still in development for it.
sumo1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sumo1973
Member since 2005 • 1195 Posts

It's a dieing system but it's had a good run for it's time unlike what's happening with the Gamecube which is virtually dead now.

There's so many games still available for the GBA that I don't think I'll need to upgrade to a DS for a while now. I just bought myself a few old GB games and I even bought an old Game Boy Camera a few days ago so I'm happy enough.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HerbSewell
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts
You do all realize people that the Gameboy Advance is selling more than the PlayStation 3, correct?
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nintendogamer33

GC and GBA still aren't dead.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HerbSewell
Oh no, the GameCube is definitely dead. I have not heard a single argument in favor of the GameCube not being dead.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nintendogamer33
Sorry, GC's not dead. If you learned to read my "GameCube is not dead" topic, you'd find out that over 20 people agree with me.
HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HerbSewell
Oh, so just because 20 people agree with you that makes it true? You're going to have to do better than that.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nintendogamer33

Oh, so just because you say it's dead means it really is dead? Nice try.

The fact that the GC is still produced, games are in development for the system, and the system still sells means it's not officially dead. And I bet there's a lot more than those 20 or so people who agree with me. The majority of them probably just aren't registered on GameSpot.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HerbSewell

Oh, so just because you say it's dead means it really is dead? Nice try.

Nice try? All I'm asking for is a solid argument that the GameCube is not dead. 

The fact that the GC is still produced, games are in development for the system, and the system still sells means it's not officially dead. And I bet there's a lot more than those 20 or so people who agree with me. The majority of them probably just aren't registered on GameSpot.

Yeah, just like the PlayStation. It stopped selling in 2006, so that's when it officially died right?

Only five games came out for the PlayStation in 2005 and none in 2006. It was practically dead at that time, just like the GameCube now.

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nintendogamer33
^Except the GameCube is getting games in it's final year in addition to still being produced unlike PS1, so GC's not dead.
HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HerbSewell
So this is the GameCube's final year? No games have been announced for 2008.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintendogamer33

So this is the GameCube's final year? No games have been announced for 2008.

If no games are announced for a 2008 release for GC, then yes 2007 is the GC's last year. But since the year's not over, the system is still produced, and there are games in development for the system, the GC's not dead yet.

MagicianGirl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MagicianGirl86
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
its not tehcinally dead cuz u can buy the system still nd the games still but there isnt a lot of games being releashed for it this year
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nintendogamer33
^Not many games does not mean dead.
HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HerbSewell

^Not many games does not mean dead.Nintendogamer33

So in your opinion, when did the PlayStation die? 

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nintendogamer33

^When a system is both no longer produced and has no games in development for it, it's dead. So, GC's not dead.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HerbSewell
Yes, thank you for repeating that for the umpteenth time, even though I didn't even disagree with you in any way with my last post.
valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 valmonte

^When a system is both no longer produced and has no games in development for it, it's dead. So, GC's not dead.

Nintendogamer33

Okay... I thought I was having some weird kind of double vision/deja vu thing going on for a second there. Herb? Nintendogamer3? You two need to PICK a board. You're having the EXACT same innane argument on GC, which is where this discussion about Gamecube and it's continued survival OR NOT belongs in the first place.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HerbSewell
I'm actually not arguing with Nintendogamer3. It's just that every time I post he posts back saying that the GameCube isn't dead, regardless of whether I mention the GameCube or not.
valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 valmonte

I'm actually not arguing with Nintendogamer3. It's just that every time I post he posts back saying that the GameCube isn't dead, regardless whether I mentioned the GameCube or not. HerbSewell

Then be the bigger man! You already said it all comes down to opinion. You made your point. All that's going on now is a pissing contest to get the last word in! On TWO boards! I mean if you want to go back and forth on this, that's fine with me, but take it and KEEP IT on the other thread.

Yes, GBA (GC as well) is dying. The end of production is rapidly approaching with few bright spots on the way. I don't see why that has to spark a massive semantic debate. A bit depressed about it actually. All that's on the horizon are crappy "based on this crap kids movie" games...

frodnekcod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 frodnekcod
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts
if so then the ps3 is a dying system:lol:
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nintendogamer33
But dying means getting weaker, not dead/finished.
sumo1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sumo1973
Member since 2005 • 1195 Posts

Does it really matter as long as you enjoy playing GBA games. There's a few more games coming out and there's a huge back catalogue of games to pick from so everything is fine with me.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HerbSewell
The PS3 isn't dying because many games are coming out and it's selling. Neither is the Game Boy Advance because the system is selling and developers continue to make games for it while movies that come out with games are always are ported over or an entirely new version is created for the Game Boy Advance. Until Nintendo stops making a sizable profit margin on the Game Boy Advance and the quality of the games seem to decline, only then will the Game Boy Advance slowly die and be forgotten.
Avatar image for dickcheneyrules
dickcheneyrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dickcheneyrules
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

i dont think its dead but it should be counted as a classic

Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
Well, almost all developers have stopped making games for it...
HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HerbSewell

Ahh, but it's selling isn't it? As soon as it's stops selling as much as it is now, then it will die.

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nintendogamer33

^Yeah, I suppose. But both the GC and GBA still sell, so they aren't dead yet.

zeroms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 zeroms
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

ITs really really dieing u don;t see the people with GBa it a good symstem yeah....... had a good well great run:)

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23161 Posts
Who cares? I still love playing it.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nintendogamer33
Dying does not mean dead. So, it's not dead.
HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HerbSewell

^Yeah, I suppose. But both the GC and GBA still sell, so they aren't dead yet.

Nintendogamer33

This conversation isn't about the GameCube so stop going off topic. What I mean by selling is it's strongly selling. As I mentioned before, the Game Boy Advance is selling more units than the PlayStaion 3 at 84,000 units while the GameCube only sold 13,000 units in April.

Another thing, would you please stop pointing out that systems "aren't dead yet"? It's quite annoying when someone is trying to explain when a particular system will die and you just pop in saying it's not dead yet. If you want to advocate that both the GameCube and the Game Boy Advance are not dead then start another topic, otherwise try to actually contribute to the conversation.

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nintendogamer33

^I'm also talking about the GBA, so it's not entirely off-topic.

Also, it's annoying when you keep saying things like "GC is dead", "GBA is dead", "GBA will be completely forgotten soon", whenever I say "GBA and GC are not dead". I'm posting an opinion mine, and you keep getting after me by saying they're dead as if that was a fact even though in reality it's not. That's why I'm also being annoying.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HerbSewell
Well please stop it. Even if I did say that the GameCube was dead (only once) that was some posts ago. Please just drop it, it's really a matter of opinion only I'm not filling up forums with mine. Just don't mention the GameCube again as you have with every single one of your posts. It's not really relevant to the topic at hand and there really is no reason to be obnoxious as you admitted you were.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nintendogamer33

Well please stop it. Even if I did say that the GameCube was dead (only once) that was some posts ago. Please just drop it, it's really a matter of opinion only I'm not filling up forums with mine. Just don't mention the GameCube again as you have with every single one of your posts. It's not really relevant to the topic at hand

If you stop saying "GC's dead" (which you've said more than once) in this topic, then I'll quit mentioning the GC in this topic.

and there really is no reason to be obnoxious as you admitted you were.

I didn't admit anything, and I also don't think that. You just want me to say that.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HerbSewell

If you stop saying "GC's dead" (which you've said more than once) in this topic, then I'll quit mentioning the GC in this topic.

Quote me two times I have directly said that the GameCube is dead.

I didn't admit anything, and I also don't think that. You just want me to say that.

That's why I'm also being annoying.

Obnoxious and annoying are synonyms if you didn't know which apparently you didn't.

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nintendogamer33

You didn't directly say "GC's dead" two times in this topic, but in one of your posts you said "Only five games came out for the PlayStation in 2005 and none in 2006. It was practically dead at that time, just like the GameCube now." But you definitely meant the GC's already dead, since on page 2 you said it is dead.

Obnoxious and annoying are synonyms if you didn't know which apparently you didn't.

Oh I knew that. I just wanted to see if you would continue to reply to every bit of every one of my posts again...and you did.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

the gba hardware isnt dead  is dieing but is not completely dead

its outselling the ps3!!!

valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 valmonte

^I'm also talking about the GBA, so it's not entirely off-topic.

Also, it's annoying when you keep saying things like "GC is dead", "GBA is dead", "GBA will be completely forgotten soon", whenever I say "GBA and GC are not dead". I'm posting an opinion mine, and you keep getting after me by saying they're dead as if that was a fact even though in reality it's not. That's why I'm also being annoying.

Nintendogamer33

You didn't directly say "GC's dead" two times in this topic, but in one of your posts you said "Only five games came out for the PlayStation in 2005 and none in 2006. It was practically dead at that time, just like the GameCube now." But you definitely meant the GC's already dead, since on page 2 you said it is dead.

Oh I knew that. I just wanted to see if you would continue to reply to every bit of every one of my posts again...and you did.

Nintendogamer33

IT DOESN'T MATTER! Take it to the appropriate board! You ALREADY have this thread going on GC!

Are you saying that replying "to every bit of every one of" your posts is a bad thing? At least he's READING your posts! You're just letting your mouth run without actually addressing anything he asks, Ngamer.

AND you're the one who keeps bringing up Gamecube! Herb has already tried to let it drop! You have ALREADY proved yourself to be a tiny tiny person in your struggles to get the last word in, thusly undermining what little credibility you had managed to retain. Bravo.

So can we get back to discussing the gameboy advance?

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nintendogamer33

^I already said I'll stop, SO YOU DID NOT NEED TO POST THAT.

valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 valmonte

^I already said I'll stop, SO YOU DID NOT NEED TO POST THAT.

Nintendogamer33

... you DID say you'd stop. Then proceeded to post right after it, which is the opposite of stopping. So I guess that makes you a liar on top of being petty. Therefore, I think I DID need to post it. 

Like I said. What you want is to get in the last word. That's fine. Have it. Say whatever it is you feel has gone unsaid about the GC. I will NOT respond, thusly giving you the opportunity to STOP POSTING out of topic. And why WOULD you, having been given the chance to say all that you wanted to without retort.

Sounds fair to me.

"Gamecube ISN'T dead cause it's still producing consoles and has games on the horizon." to paraphrase. Did you have anything to add before you "stop" like you said you would?

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nintendogamer33

... you DID say you'd stop. Then proceeded to post right after it,

Only because HerbSewell asked a question, which happened to include the words Game Cube. If he didn't ask me that question or something about the GC, then I wouldn't have said anything more about it in this topic.

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HerbSewell

Well, almost all developers have stopped making games for it...Ugotownedo

After looking at the new releases page on the Game Boy Advance section I see that there is quite a void of games with the exception of Deal or no Deal coming out tomorrow, Broken Circle coming out in Q2 2007, Ratatouille coming out on June 24, and Harry Potter with the Order of the Phoenix coming out on July 10. There isn't another game for at least 3 months. Seems like you were right Ugotownedo, the Game Boy Advance is dying with its life only hanging by a thread from strong sales. 

sorpotel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sorpotel
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts

a gaming system only dies when people stop playing it's games,and from my point

of view everyone likes gba games like yoshi's island,supermario advance,goldensun 1 and 2,mal:superstar saga and

loz:minish cap,so the gba is not really dying