SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SilverWerewolf
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts
i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or anything, but are you still playing  pokemon?
i find people twice my age in here who are just CRAZY about this mangaTV seriesgames...... well mainly games.
it was kinda fun back when it was new, but i don't think it's interesting anymore.
oh, come on! the games are just repetions of bluredgreen with a wee bit better graphics. and the story and cute cudly (YUCK) characters are definitely aimed at preschoolers and little kids.

what do you think about this?

POKEMON should be banned from the forums?
(i know it's kinda revolutionary but what do you think?)
bxgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 bxgt
Member since 2006 • 3035 Posts
well i have hated the show ever since misty got booted off(now its like power rangers, same crap over and over again). but as for the games i just recently bought leafgreen and i am finding myself addicted agian, even as we speek i am trying to get my 5th badge.................DAHM YOU KOGA!!!!!!! btw i am 17 about to be 18 in march
In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
I play it every once in a while. Just for that nostalgic aftertouch.
xraydash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 xraydash
Member since 2006 • 136 Posts
Preschoolers? I don't know about that! I mentioned this in another thread but I'm an old man at 35 and had never played any Pokemon titles until recently. I just finished off LeafGreen and had a whole lot of fun with it. There's quite a bit of strategy involved. I don't think there are all that many Pokemon that qualify as "cute and cuddly" either.

I'd also never seen the show before. Watched an episode with my kids this weekend and can't say I enjoyed it. I found it to be pretty dumbed down, lowest common denominator kids-will-watch-anything sort of fare. My own children liked it but they are more or less passive consumers of entertainment. It definitely doesn't have the crossover appeal that the games do.

I'm guessing you weren't being entirely serious but banning a topic that a lot of people obviously enjoy seems pretty fascist, don't you think? You could always choose not to read or participate in the threads if Pokemon bugs you that much.
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
i look at the pokemon games as games, not as the whole pokemon nostalgia. and although the storyline isnt ever amazing, the gameplay is so much fun and simply addicting. I HAVE TO CATCH THEM ALL!
happy_dude63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 happy_dude63
Member since 2005 • 1620 Posts
Its the onyl RPG game that I enjoy(im 17). I used to love Final Fantasy but it got mega crappy. The only worth while FF game is 7, I remember playing it when it came out for PS1 (still have the original one, not the greatest hits :) ) Well pokemon is still good game, yes its the same game but better looking as b4, but what game isnt? That is how you know a game has progressed, better graphics and better gameplay, and new stuff, hence pokemon gets all three of those. That is how Super Mario Bros turned into Super Mario 64.
Camzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Camzo
Member since 2006 • 2142 Posts
i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or anything, but are you still playing pokemon?
i find people twice my age in here who are just CRAZY about this mangaTV seriesgames...... well mainly games.
it was kinda fun back when it was new, but i don't think it's interesting anymore.
oh, come on! the games are just repetions of bluredgreen with a wee bit better graphics. and the story and cute cudly (YUCK) characters are definitely aimed at preschoolers and little kids.

SilverWerewolf
pokemon is gr8, i started hating it since misty left and may n max came but i still like the original cartoons and especially the games
masterkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 masterkane
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

I still play pokemon a lot but i played more a few years back

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 serj_tankian05
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
you little faciest dictator......pokemon....banned.....do realize you sound like hitler?.....well just because you let go of your inner child dosent mean the worls has to stop doing stuff cause you dont like it anymore....that pisses me off....
acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

I have spent more time playing Pokemon then I have playing any other series other than MGS. Its sooo addicting. But I have lost interest lately.

SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SilverWerewolf
[QUOTE="xraydash"]Preschoolers? I don't know about that! I mentioned this in another thread but I'm an old man at 35 and had never played any Pokemon titles until recently. I just finished off LeafGreen and had a whole lot of fun with it. There's quite a bit of strategy involved. I don't think there are all that many Pokemon that qualify as "cute and cuddly" either.

I'd also never seen the show before. Watched an episode with my kids this weekend and can't say I enjoyed it. I found it to be pretty dumbed down, lowest common denominator kids-will-watch-anything sort of fare. My own children liked it but they are more or less passive consumers of entertainment. It definitely doesn't have the crossover appeal that the games do.

I'm guessing you weren't being entirely serious but banning a topic that a lot of people obviously enjoy seems pretty fascist, don't you think? You could always choose not to read or participate in the threads if Pokemon bugs you that much.

35? Whoa! I'm just 17
Sorry Mr. if I hurt your feelings or anything. And yeah, I was just kidding when I said BAN IT :D
But do you think I didn't try? I tried ignoring, but that never works. Whenever I go to a topic, say "BEST GAME FOR GBA" or something, the whole place is crowded with people like you. People who like "it".
I can't stand it. It sucks! Come on, admit it. You know it deep down. The series sucks. And the games are repetitions :P (Please explain how they are different from the other older versions. I can't find any other difference other than NEW POKE-things. That's it. Gameplay is EXACTLY the same)

I can't believe people still play it.

And some of those POKE-thingies are not cute, I agree (who'd wanna hug a Magmar? :P )

AND I AM NOT HITLER-REINCARNATED!!!
I'm not a fascist either. I hate dictators and do not wish to become one myself.
CLEARED????

I HATE POKEMON AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT.

I'm gonna die a miserable death, aren't I :D
SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SilverWerewolf
you little faciest dictator......pokemon....banned.....do realize you sound like hitler?.....well just because you let go of your inner child dosent mean the worls has to stop doing stuff cause you dont like it anymore....that pisses me off....serj_tankian05

Dude, this is just my opinion. Chill it, man and everyone is free to post hisher views here..........*searching for the moderators*... right Mr.Moderator? :D
chyng85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 1

#13 chyng85
Member since 2005 • 4386 Posts
I am planning to play Emerald later, I am about 21, is there any problem?:P
Avatar image for _great_waddles_
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _great_waddles_
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts

And little Preschoolers know how to EV train their Pokemon, while fitting a perfect moveset onto a perfect IV Pokemon?

Just because Pokemon can also appeal to a younger person doesnt mean its inferior. I am a fan, and, I will admit, this generation wasn't as good as it could be in a lot of ways. But saying you hate it because it appeals to a wide audience by being a bit cutesy is like saying you hate Gears of War because its graphics are too good. Look at the Kingdom Hearts series. Is it corny? Yes. But that doesnt stop people from enjoying it.

Overall, the Pokemon games DID evolve. There are more IVs, going from 0 to 31, instead of about 1 to 15 in previous games. New moves, items, and strategies can be formed. Double Battles? Last time I checked, they werent in Gold Version. The Battle Frontier in Emerald is loads of fun. Pokemon is a Simple RPG. Its fun. Theres plenty to do in game, with 380-some odd Pokemon to collect over 5 games (this Generation). Theres tons of movesets to create, and test in the Battle Tower (or, the Seven Facilities in the Battle Frontier in Emerald). If they dont appeal to you, thats perfectly fine. Im not impressed with any of the MMO's on the market (WoW, FFXI, etc.). However, people do see alot of things in Pokemon to like. Sometimes we get bored of super violent video games, or playing against people online, and want a good game to fall back on. And, in my opinion, its a great game to fall back on.

KevinCamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 KevinCamp24
Member since 2006 • 626 Posts
I was playing Pokemon one day with my friends for fun at school and we're 13 ( 12 at the time ) and then this 6 year old comes up to us and was like: "Pokemons for losers, god who plays it? When I get back I'm gonna play some GTA with my buds, and you dummies'll be here playing with your Pikachu". Then he named a bunch of cheats for all the GTA games to my friend who likes GTA. :shock: The kid is 6!
snake246464675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 snake246464675
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts
i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or anything, but are you still playing pokemon?

SilverWerewolf

You have killed my inner child i hope you rot in hell:evil:
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
Are you kidding me? I'm well into high school and I still pull out my Pokemon Emerald durring commercials of before I head to sleep. It's great. If it's fun, then how does the "kiddiness" matter? That's stupid.
Hitman_KyeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hitman_KyeZ
Member since 2007 • 777 Posts

i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or anything, but are you still playing  pokemon?

SilverWerewolf

i agree with you there I liked it when i was about 8 years old and now im 18

snake246464675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 snake246464675
you have also killed all that's left of my inner child:cry:
the_13est_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_13est_
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
Pokemon is a wonderful piece of software, whether it be for Gameboy or Gamecube. Just because it became a childs fantasy through the early 00's dosnt make it less of a game than others. You should appreciate the mihgtyness of Pocket Monsters ! >:|

armytaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 armytaco
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
To me, I think pokemon wouold be fun to start playing again because i only played the earlier ones. It'd be fun to buy a new one and see how the game has changed. But i never really liked the show or cards or anything like that. I just liked the whole " train your own fighting team" thing that the games had to it.
Spanky277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spanky277
Member since 2006 • 200 Posts
How did Misty leave the show?
SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SilverWerewolf
I was playing Pokemon one day with my friends for fun at school and we're 13 ( 12 at the time ) and then this 6 year old comes up to us and was like: "Pokemons for losers, god who plays it? When I get back I'm gonna play some GTA with my buds, and you dummies'll be here playing with your Pikachu". Then he named a bunch of cheats for all the GTA games to my friend who likes GTA. :shock: The kid is 6!KevinCamp24

whoa! that is one heck of a kid. everyone else here(including me :( ) should really be ashamed of ourselves. we cant still love poke-things (i'm trying my best to restrain my fingers from typing "Poke-$h!t" so please don't shout at me for that). there is something we could all learn a little something from this kid :........................ GTA ROCKS!
i'm not a fan of the title (though it's really good), i'll pick GTA over Poke-........ whatever it is.

and when i get bored of all the senseless voilence, the blood, the gore and the nudity (i'll never get bored of that :D)
i'll watch the TV or get some sleep, play golf, eat something....... or even play Summon Night:Swordcraft Story :P but i'll never play POKE- ehm.............. you get the idea.

anyways, poke-........ is for little kids (except the one mentioned above :P ) , and if your older than 15 and still play poke-....... your retarded :P or just a little kid pretendidng to be a 15 year old.

and no, ROCKSTAR didn't pay me to say that.
SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SilverWerewolf
[QUOTE="SilverWerewolf"]i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or anything, but are you still playing pokemon?
oh, come on! the games are just repetions of bluredgreen with a wee bit better graphics.

snake246464675

You have killed my inner child i hope you rot in hell:evil:

If heaven is full of people like you, i'd rather burn in hell
snake246464675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 snake246464675
you have no soul
DarkAngel101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkAngel101
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

oh, come on! the games are just repetions of bluredgreen with a wee bit better graphics. and the story and cute cudly (YUCK) characters are definitely aimed at preschoolers and little kids.SilverWerewolf

:roll:

Simple solution: don't read Pokemon topics. No matter what you post here, people are still going to like Pokemon and play the games. Deal with it.

SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SilverWerewolf

[QUOTE="SilverWerewolf"]i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or anything, but are you still playing pokemon?
oh, come on! the games are just repetions of bluredgreen with a wee bit better graphics. and the story and cute cudly (YUCK) characters are definitely aimed at preschoolers and little kids.DarkAngel101

:roll:

Simple solution: don't read Pokemon topics. No matter what you post here, people are still going to like Pokemon and play the games. Deal with it.

I know that I'm just one guy against a whole army of furry, lightning rat - fanatics.
But I don't care! Numbers don't win wars :P
I'll do my little part to "PUT SOME SENSE INTO YOUR BLOODY POKE-LOVING HEADS".

And read my 2nd post in the thread before u say anything about "try ignoring", coz that NEVER works!
SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SilverWerewolf
you have no soul snake246464675

Atleast I didn't sell mine to a furry, little thunder rat :P
flfylmnfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 flfylmnfish
Member since 2005 • 1173 Posts
"Banned from the forums?" I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. Certainly, there mixed ideas on Pokemon. Some people are still fans from day one, while others have moved onto something else. It’s obvious that you don’t like Pokemon, which is perfectly fine. It’s not a law to like Pokemon. However, why not just keep it at that? Really, there was no need for this thread. If something as little as this doesn’t strike your interest, then by all means, don’t talk about it. Banning Pokemon from the forums will not stop the show from running, nor the games from being released, nor will it stop the die-hard Pokemon fans from drooling over Pokemon manga. There is absolutely no purpose to your statement, and I see no benefit of doing so, even to yourself. If you dislike Pokemon that much, then don’t talk about it. I don’t want to sound rude, but your idea is selfish, and in the end, will accomplish absolutely nothing. I'll ask not to be flamed, as honestly, I'm no Pokemon fan myself. >_>
eckboxes02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 eckboxes02
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
Most kid's go through a crisis stage where there so concerned about their image they will do anything to seems grown up and "cool", playing pokemon during this phase is out of the question, but they grow and eventually kick their cocaine and alcohol addiction's and eventually get bored and return to playing pokemon
karlhunguss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 karlhunguss
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts
pokemon is just a fun game to play. that's all there is to it. but i do agree that emerald is like the exact same thing as blue/red version. i've only played emerald and red so i dunno how the other versions are.
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _great_waddles_

[QUOTE="KevinCamp24"]I was playing Pokemon one day with my friends for fun at school and we're 13 ( 12 at the time ) and then this 6 year old comes up to us and was like: "Pokemons for losers, god who plays it? When I get back I'm gonna play some GTA with my buds, and you dummies'll be here playing with your Pikachu". Then he named a bunch of cheats for all the GTA games to my friend who likes GTA. :shock: The kid is 6!SilverWerewolf

whoa! that is one heck of a kid. everyone else here(including me :( ) should really be ashamed of ourselves. we cant still love poke-things (i'm trying my best to restrain my fingers from typing "Poke-$h!t" so please don't shout at me for that). there is something we could all learn a little something from this kid :........................ GTA ROCKS!
i'm not a fan of the title (though it's really good), i'll pick GTA over Poke-........ whatever it is.

and when i get bored of all the senseless voilence, the blood, the gore and the nudity (i'll never get bored of that :D)
i'll watch the TV or get some sleep, play golf, eat something....... or even play Summon Night:Swordcraft Story :P but i'll never play POKE- ehm.............. you get the idea.

anyways, poke-........ is for little kids (except the one mentioned above :P ) , and if your older than 15 and still play poke-....... your retarded :P or just a little kid pretendidng to be a 15 year old.

and no, ROCKSTAR didn't pay me to say that.

What proof do you have that people over 15 and play Pokemon are any dumber then you?

Let me ask you, have you even PLAYED any of the third gen games? Or, let me guess, your judging this because you saw an episode of the show. From what I've read, you've given no proof on why the Pokemon series is bad, but yet slander people who enjoy it. You know why people like Pokemon? Its a game ANYONE can pick up and have fun with. Little kids who dont know much about games can pick it up and have fun. Older people can jump deep into this game, and learn how to make their Pokemon the best by Chain breeding for a perfect move, training against a certain Pokemon so you can get a certain stat by the time your Pokemon goes to level 100, and getting a Pokemon with a certain IV and Nature to get the perfect Pokemon possible. Pokemon is a long game and has replay value written all over it, expecially Emerald version.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Just because Pichu is sickeningly cute doesnt mean that Pokemon is designed for pre-schoolers. If you dont like Pokemon, then don't talk about it. Simple. But dont start firing insults at something (not to be taken rude)you know next to nothing about.

Thevincent56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Thevincent56
Member since 2006 • 794 Posts

Got old as soon as Misty left. Anyway, yes, I play the Pokemon games (awaiting Diamond/Pearl), but don't watch it anymore because of Misty's leaving. WHY MISTY?? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I bought Fire Red today. First pokemon game for me since yellow.
snake246464675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 snake246464675
[QUOTE="snake246464675"]you have no soul SilverWerewolf

Atleast I didn't sell mine to a furry, little thunder rat :P

I still ahve my soul but at least I didn't sell to the devil
snake246464675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 snake246464675
[QUOTE="SilverWerewolf"][QUOTE="xraydash"]Preschoolers? I don't know about that! I mentioned this in another thread but I'm an old man at 35 and had never played any Pokemon titles until recently. I just finished off LeafGreen and had a whole lot of fun with it. There's quite a bit of strategy involved. I don't think there are all that many Pokemon that qualify as "cute and cuddly" either.

35? Whoa! I'm just 17
Sorry Mr. if I hurt your feelings or anything. And yeah, I was just kidding when I said BAN IT :D
But do you think I didn't try? I tried ignoring, but that never works. Whenever I go to a topic, say "BEST GAME FOR GBA" or something, the whole place is crowded with people like you. People who like "it".
I can't stand it. It sucks! Come on, admit it. You know it deep down. The series sucks. And the games are repetitions :P (Please explain how they are different from the other older versions. I can't find any other difference other than NEW POKE-things. That's it. Gameplay is EXACTLY the same)

I can't believe people still play it.

And some of those POKE-thingies are not cute, I agree (who'd wanna hug a Magmar? :P )

AND I AM NOT HITLER-REINCARNATED!!!
I'm not a fascist either. I hate dictators and do not wish to become one myself.
CLEARED????

I HATE POKEMON AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT.

I'm gonna die a miserable death, aren't I :D

you are Hitler and Tojo reincartnated and yes you will die as loney old man

SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SilverWerewolf
I'm just trying to bring together all the Poke-haters of the world and probably make an army and free this world from the sick and vile domination of the furry yellow thing. :D

If I hurt anybody's feelings, I apologize. Please understand that I had gone through a hard Poke-time with everyne around me Poke-jabbering all the time.
dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#39 dimsey
Member since 2003 • 267 Posts
I like Pokemon.
I grew out of the series ages ago, but the games hold up great.

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
the tv show sucks really bad but the games to me are just another cool rpg i dont think of them as baby cartoon games i think of the as rpgs with good gameplay and the items and stuff like potions are just the same as on any other game so why should the game be put down because the show sucks thats what i think anyway
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 _great_waddles_

I'm just trying to bring together all the Poke-haters of the world and probably make an army and free this world from the sick and vile domination of the furry yellow thing. :D

If I hurt anybody's feelings, I apologize. Please understand that I had gone through a hard Poke-time with everyne around me Poke-jabbering all the time.
SilverWerewolf

Once again, you say you hate Pokemon, but give no reason other then 'People talking about it'. Give us reasons why you feel the need to slander Pokemon and people who play it.

skilo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 skilo2
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
i don't hate pokemon, ok i still like it, but it gets really annoying how the pokemon company keep on coming up with this weird pokemon. the original were the best and they always will be the best.
SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SilverWerewolf
Oh, come on!
You guys know exactly what I mean. I can give you proof that Pokemon sucks.

*As i have stated in my earlier posts: IT'S REPETITIVE!
The gameplay, the pokemon, the bicycle, battle towers, gym badges. It's all practically the same as the older versions of the games.

*A flaw I saw in Pokemon is that the 2nd and 3rd list pokemon cannot be found in te Kanto region in blue green yellow red. Why? the only thing they show in the first season of the TV series is a Ho-Oh. And Misdrevious can be caught as part of a secret in blue green red yellow.

*The characters are too childish at times. It's clearly for little kids and according to me (though i'm not the authority in human psychology) people(adults) who have a profound liking for children's TV shows are RETARDS (sorry people, i had to say it). The game isn't any better either.
"YaY! I caught a pikachu and im 900 years old! Lets celebrate!" - RETARD!
(somebody said something about Guilty Gears. i haven't seen it but i do respect it. it's not the animation or graphics that attracted me to it. it's the concept.)

So, grow UP! no wonder you all act like big babies. still hugging onto your pikachu dolls. :P

and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
*patriotic music stops*

ps: I'm not American
SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SilverWerewolf
And I remind you (all) that I'm not trying to forcibly beat poke-hatered into your heads.
If you accept and join me is this ............ whatever it is, i'll thank god for your conversion.
for the atheists: I'll thank you for chosing the path of the righteous :P

the greater evil is POKEMON and we must (temporarilly or otherwise) unite and rise against it.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST NINTENDO EITHER. I love whatever they make (except pokemon and a few others) and i'm totally in for the Wii  :D

butcherboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 butcherboy999
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts
I am a 70 year old man and I still play Pokemon it is an amazing game.
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 _great_waddles_

Oh, come on!
You guys know exactly what I mean. I can give you proof that Pokemon sucks.

*As i have stated in my earlier posts: IT'S REPETITIVE!
The gameplay, the pokemon, the bicycle, battle towers, gym badges. It's all practically the same as the older versions of the games.

*A flaw I saw in Pokemon is that the 2nd and 3rd list pokemon cannot be found in te Kanto region in blue green yellow red. Why? the only thing they show in the first season of the TV series is a Ho-Oh. And Misdrevious can be caught as part of a secret in blue green red yellow.

*The characters are too childish at times. It's clearly for little kids and according to me (though i'm not the authority in human psychology) people(adults) who have a profound liking for children's TV shows are RETARDS (sorry people, i had to say it). The game isn't any better either.
"YaY! I caught a pikachu and im 900 years old! Lets celebrate!" - RETARD!
(somebody said something about Guilty Gears. i haven't seen it but i do respect it. it's not the animation or graphics that attracted me to it. it's the concept.)

So, grow UP! no wonder you all act like big babies. still hugging onto your pikachu dolls. :P

and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
*patriotic music stops*

ps: I'm not American
SilverWerewolf

First off, with that arguement, GTA, Final Fantasy, and most other games are repetitive. Each generation, new mechanics and Pokemon are added. The same way they add new weapons, missions, and stories in GTA. Same with Pokemon.

Second, Anime =/= Games. The Anime is modeled after the games. The first generation, only 151 normal Pokemon were obtainable (there were Glitch Pokemon, but those were random scribbles). Misdreavus was not programmed, or existed in the First Generation, so thats a lie. Complaining they make new Pokemon is like complaining about the new missions in GTA. They werent programmed or thought of when the game was made, so they werent in the game. Its as simple as that.

Third, the Anime and the Games are on two different levels. The Anime is pretty bad in my opinion. But they dont have anything to do with the Games, so saying the games are bad because the show is is a useless arguement. In no part of the game does it involve catching a Pikachu and claiming your 900 years old. The fact you generated that weak of an arguement is just plain childish. None of these arguements are legit at all, and contain facts that arent true in the least. You call us babies, but whine about Pokemon, slandering not only the games by creating information that is not true, AND fans of the game by calling us dumb. Thats baby-ish to me. A game can appeal to a wide audience without being kiddy. You dont need Chainsaws and SMGs in a game for it to be fun.

ilovesandrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ilovesandrine
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts

i still love pokemon they came out when i was in fifth grade am now 20 years old. i have all the cards from than tell now and i love the games. but iv never like the cartoon i saw the movie to git the cards. i like that the keep making more it keeps it new.  iv been a fan for ten years of the cards and games . iv all so been to the world seres but i drop out because of my mom dieing. but pokemon is still a good gba game and soon to be a good ds game.

demonslayer936

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 demonslayer936
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Pokemon is still a great game that can be played by anyone. I've just finished FireRed and am working on Emerald
SilverWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SilverWerewolf

[QUOTE="SilverWerewolf"]
_great_waddles_

First off, with that arguement, GTA, Final Fantasy, and most other games are repetitive. Each generation, new mechanics and Pokemon are added. The same way they add new weapons, missions, and stories in GTA. Same with Pokemon.

Second, Anime =/= Games. The Anime is modeled after the games. The first generation, only 151 normal Pokemon were obtainable (there were Glitch Pokemon, but those were random scribbles). Misdreavus was not programmed, or existed in the First Generation, so thats a lie. Complaining they make new Pokemon is like complaining about the new missions in GTA. They werent programmed or thought of when the game was made, so they werent in the game. Its as simple as that.

Third, the Anime and the Games are on two different levels. The Anime is pretty bad in my opinion. But they dont have anything to do with the Games, so saying the games are bad because the show is is a useless arguement. In no part of the game does it involve catching a Pikachu and claiming your 900 years old. The fact you generated that weak of an arguement is just plain childish. None of these arguements are legit at all, and contain facts that arent true in the least. You call us babies, but whine about Pokemon, slandering not only the games by creating information that is not true, AND fans of the game by calling us dumb. Thats baby-ish to me. A game can appeal to a wide audience without being kiddy. You dont need Chainsaws and SMGs in a game for it to be fun.

Well, if u have a problem with FF, GTA and other series being repetitive, make a thread about it. I did :P

And, the problem with the different generations of Pokemon. Well, in in crystal__silver__gold , well, in crystal;
CHINCHOUs and LANTURNs can be found in Olivine City, Pallet Town and 
Vermilion City which are in the Kanto Region.
In blue__green__red__yellow the second gen pokemon
couldn't be found in these locations. Primarily because they weren't created by the
makers of the game__anime at that point of time. It would have been much better if
each gen of pokemon would be found only in their respective new areas
(kanto, jhoto, honen, etc).
that never happened and is a big flaw.

and the thing about young and old audiences. well, i love anime and manga too
(except pokemon, naruto, and other shojo :P). and i'm of the oppinion that aime and
manga are for all ages. there is nothing wrong with liking an anime even if you are 100
years old :P . this is a free world isn't it?
but.......... if a 50 year old guy loves a shojo like CCS or a shounen
(i really regret calling i a shounen) like poke-..... , isn't there something wrong
with him? some people (maybe you) would say that th guy is in touch with his inner
child. yet, some others (maybe me :P) would say that he's a RETARD it depends on
each person but it's really important to act one's age. isn't it?

and lastly, i never complained that the game is crap because the anime is. i did say
that both are crap (for different reasons) and feel sorry that u didn't understand me
right. and the "catch pikachu, 900 years old" thing was sarcasm, not a point to be taken
seriously.

and i do agree that u don't need guns or rocket launchers for a game to be enjoyable.
what you really need is good story and good gameplay, maybe even a
sexy female character, but that's optional :P
(kidding, not a point to be taken seriously)

and a misdrevious can be captured in blue__green__red__yellow. it's a cheat (sort of)
i got it from gamefaqs.com :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duplicate items

To get WELL 99 of an item, put the item you want duplicated in the sixth item slot. Make sure you have the Fly HM, then Fly to Viridian City. Talk to the old man that stopped you in the begining of the game( kind of to the north) When he asks if you are in a hurry, say no and watch him catch a weedle.

Then Fly to Cinnabar Island, and use the SURF HM. Surf along the right COAST, Not in the water, if you surf in the water it won't work.

Now, use SURF until you run into a Pokemon called ''M'', ''Missingno.'', Or a Pokemon over level 100 Once you see one of those, kill it or just simply run away. DON'T CATCH THE M OR MISSINGNO. AS IT WILL RUIN YOUR GAME!!!

When fighting a high level M if you have a slow pokemon and it attacks you are screwed, as it has a VERY high attack, you can beat him by simply using a quick attack.

after you win/run look at your sixth item it should look VERY weird with wird symbols and such, don't worry all it means is you have over 99 once you use it up alot it will stop using symbols and once the supply gets back to 99 it will show up as ''99''

eventhough it's not given here that M or Missingno. is actually misdrevious, lots of people think so. could be an easter egg,............................................... could be. :D or just another glitch :P

Killermonkey97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#50 Killermonkey97
Member since 2005 • 2120 Posts
eh...not nowadays...but I just might still play it. It's a fun, lengthy, addictive game that is the reason why it is still such a craze today. While I really don't like the Pok'emon TV series anymore, I still love the games. It's my guilty pleasure, and most likely anyone's, as well...