sameister3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sameister3
Member since 2005 • 918 Posts
This has been on the net for a long, long time. But what do you think?
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Haha. Yes. I'm not really interested with X-Box and/or the 360. [I know i'm biased on this issue] :P
FF-Is-Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FF-Is-Awsome
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts
well seeing as i got a ps3 instead of a 360 because of ffxiii id be annoyed if it was on 360 now.
mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 mfouad
Member since 2005 • 1636 Posts
yes
EVAN0070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 EVAN0070
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
Yes I want FF13 to be ps3 exclusive.I mean the FF was always for a sony console anyway:P
Brandon2127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Brandon2127
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
Square-enix are welcome to make games for the 360 but long running series' like Final Fantasy should stick to their home console(s) (i.e. Sony/Nintendo consoles)
sameister3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sameister3

Square-enix are welcome to make games for the 360 but long running series' like Final Fantasy should stick to their home console(s) (i.e. Sony/Nintendo consoles)Brandon2127

Well to bad for Microsoft, because SquareEnix said that they're not doing any titles for the 360 except for the ones already out.

ziggy8fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ziggy8fan
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
seeing as when i went to japan i kissed the ground at sony headcorters i go for sony
ziggy8fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ziggy8fan
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
hey look how i am
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

It's well known fact that games are better developed and OPTIMIZED when they are exclusive. As for which platform,

I honestly feel Lost Odyssey suffered from being on the Xbox 360. I like my Final Fantasies on the Playstation

Jmah1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Jmah1337
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Yes I want FF13 to be ps3 exclusive.I mean the FF was always for a sony console anyway:PEVAN0070

FF7+ ya but before that it was for nintendo not that big of a deal but ya... any way i think it should stay for playstation becuase SE already gave other games to the 360 and i would hate to see that FF13 got brought down due to making it playable on the 360. i wanna see what SE can do on a ps3. since the xbox specs are worse than ps3 i just want to see what they can pull off here. even though im pretty sure SE already said FF13 was ps3 exclusive but none the less.

frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frostbourne
Member since 2005 • 2773 Posts
Yes definitely. Just like the Legend of Zelda will reamain a Nintendo exclusive, so should FFXIII to keep the authenicty and platform of the franchise in the console that is favored by most.
magusat999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13 magusat999
Member since 2005 • 881 Posts
I think the series should always have been multi-platform, but if they screw up FFXIII and make it an action-RPG instead of a party-based game, then they can keep it on a deck of cards as far as I care.
lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
Well sorry to be the so called "BAD APPLE" of the group but I think that the FF series should be multi-platform. Maybe even move to the PC for all them PC gamers out there that would never buy a console. I don't know but maybe I just think different.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I honestly don't care where it goes. In the end I'll purchase the platform the series will be available on. One of the reasons why I don't have a PS3 is because FFXIII isn't available. I would get one this Summer with the release of MGS4 but we'll see what happens after I get a new car.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
I really don't care for the game. I'm planning on geting a 360, but even if I was getting a PS3, I wouldn't plan on playing it.
-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Phaz-
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
i would like it on the 360, but then im an achievement whore
Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
Yes,I want Final Fantasy XIII to stay a PS3 exclusive.Plus Im already getting a ps3 for it.
MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
Yes, but only if it takes advantage of the 25/50 gigs on the blu-ray and the real power of the PS3. If not then theres no reason y it shouldnt be on the 360. Honestly I consider myspelf a PS fanboy but if MGS4 wasn't a PS3 exclusive and didnt have the bundle coming out accomponing it I'd be getting the 360 instead.
Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
360 doesn't have HD, the disks don't support, you can increase the resolution, but you can't change what comes on the disk...therefore if it was multiplatfom, the 360 one would be worse...
deathknightleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deathknightleo
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts
FFXIII i think should stay PS3 only. i have all 3 systems so it don't bother me that way but. i like sony alot more then my 360. and like another person said the mistwalker games would of sold more copys if they went to the playstation also and not just stayed 360. but sony and squareenix knows that this one thing willl make ps3 sales every sky rocket when this game comes out cause there are so many die hard final fantasy fans which don't care they will just buy it. and final fantasy 13 is not alot of action final fantasy 13 vesus is the action rpg one.
MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

360 doesn't have HD, the disks don't support, you can increase the resolution, but you can't change what comes on the disk...therefore if it was multiplatfom, the 360 one would be worse...A_Fading_Scream

Not neccasarilly, its how far the developers wanna take the game. Gears of war looks pretty damn good for the type of game it is even though its limiteded to the 9 gigs of a DVD not to mention Bioshock. I see it as if developers want to just make a game that'll sell well they'll either make it multiplatform (thus not fully utilizing the memory of the blu-ray) or make it a 360 exclusive. Mind you im talking from a 360/PS3 stance not the other consoles and portable stuff. But if a developer really wants to push the envelope and utilize the better format (blu-ray) they'll go for the PS3. Of course you gotta factor in developer relations with publishers and all that jazz. And u also cant deny the fact that the PS3 is harder to work with so its gonna be intresting who wins the "Console Wars".

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
It should stay exclusive, cuz Square-Enix doesn't need to mess with success. Plus Kaz treats Square-Enix as if they were a first party company, same with Kojima productions. If they need help Sony is there to help.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I really don't care about a 360 version, it would just add more restrictions to the game. I'd definitely want it to stay PS3 exclusive, so they can optimize it.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sony_FanBoy
I really don't care about a 360 version, it would just add more restrictions to the game. I'd definitely want it to stay PS3 exclusive, so they can optimize it.NWA_31
Here here. I agree. I've started hearing more and more developers saying that they have to hold back a game during development if it's a multi-console game due to the fact that the PS3 really is far superior than the other "Next-gen' systems.
Avatar image for FreedomBYgaming
FreedomBYgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FreedomBYgaming
Member since 2008 • 1345 Posts

Hi, Sam! Didnt know you where in this union too:)

I really dont care if its exclusive or not cause i only got a ps3 anyway.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I'm with the majority on this. The core FF titles should remain on the Playstation consoles.

sameister3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sameister3

Hi, Sam! Didnt know you where in this union too:)

I really dont care if its exclusive or not cause i only got a ps3 anyway.

FreedomBYgaming

Yeah, i'm a big Final Fantasy fan. :D

magusat999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#29 magusat999
Member since 2005 • 881 Posts

I don't get some of these reponses. Going multi-platform doesn't mean you need to play it on both systems. It doesn't mean it is on;y on the Xbox360 - it means that it is on both platforms. So you can play it either way you can. What's wrong with that? And I don't thinl the hypothetical question is supposed to aassume the worst scenario. I think it means that however it is acheived that the end product works the same on both systems, and plays just fine. Why some of you keep throwing in all of this negative conjecture and subjective pinpoints is really beyond me.

The best thing for Sqeenix or any developer to do is to have as many people buying their product as possible - and that means multi-platform. Xbox and PC players canno have no reason to buy a game they cannot play - and most of them are not going to run out and invest more money in a new system just to play one game. The only thing staving them off is the backroom deals they are making - basically strongarming Sony in order to stay with them and keep them afloat.

If you want to talk graphics and power - neither system can compare to even a mid-range PC with a proper graphic card - so if you want to talk about what system is really "best" for all a game has to offer, then you have to concede that hands down it is the PC, not any console, So then - the reason is not to offer us the best experience, but rather big fat exclusivity checks. If they cared about aesthetics they would release every one on the PC (which they are finally now doing).

Lastly, Square-Enix started out with Nintendo, not Sony - so do get all "patriotic" about them. they have jumped ship before and will likely do it again. How'd you like it if they decided to be exclusively where they really "belong" - on the Wii?

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sony_FanBoy

I don't get some of these reponses. Going multi-platform doesn't mean you need to play it on both systems. It doesn't mean it is on;y on the Xbox360 - it means that it is on both platforms. So you can play it either way you can. What's wrong with that? And I don't thinl the hypothetical question is supposed to aassume the worst scenario. I think it means that however it is acheived that the end product works the same on both systems, and plays just fine. Why some of you keep throwing in all of this negative conjecture and subjective pinpoints is really beyond me.

The best thing for Sqeenix or any developer to do is to have as many people buying their product as possible - and that means multi-platform. Xbox and PC players canno have no reason to buy a game they cannot play - and most of them are not going to run out and invest more money in a new system just to play one game. The only thing staving them off is the backroom deals they are making - basically strongarming Sony in order to stay with them and keep them afloat.

If you want to talk graphics and power - neither system can compare to even a mid-range PC with a proper graphic card - so if you want to talk about what system is really "best" for all a game has to offer, then you have to concede that hands down it is the PC, not any console, So then - the reason is not to offer us the best experience, but rather big fat exclusivity checks. If they cared about aesthetics they would release every one on the PC (which they are finally now doing).

Lastly, Square-Enix started out with Nintendo, not Sony - so do get all "patriotic" about them. they have jumped ship before and will likely do it again. How'd you like it if they decided to be exclusively where they really "belong" - on the Wii?

magusat999
I seriously doubt they will "jump ship" again. They have a great relationship with Sony. They get treated as a First-Party company. They get all the help they can possibly get (if they want it).
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NWA_31

magusat999

I don't think people are just being greedy. As I said before, some people (such as myself) prefer exclusives because they are usually of higher quality than mutliplatforms. Gears of War is a perfect example of what a developer can do when using the full power of a single console rather than adding more restrictions by putting it on another console as well and therefore, effectively dumbing the game down.

As for the power argument, I believe the people in this thread were naturally assuming it would be a console. As you probably know, the PC right now isn't exactly a profitable system, so a Final Fantasy exclusively or mainly focusing on the PC is definitely out of the question, especially for a Japanese publisher - most of them have never really liked PCs to begin with.

And I do not think Square-Enix belongs to any console or company, actually. If you look at the games they release, they have pretty much been making games on whatever they want. So far, Sony has been pretty smart by keeping a tight relationship with them and S-E has been returning the favor with the games, but they will not hesitate to move on to a more profitable system, just as they have with the PlayStation.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="magusat999"]

NWA_31

I don't think people are just being greedy. As I said before, some people (such as myself) prefer exclusives because they are usually of higher quality than mutliplatforms. Gears of War is a perfect example of what a developer can do when using the full power of a single console rather than adding more restrictions by putting it on another console as well and therefore, effectively dumbing the game down.

As for the power argument, I believe the people in this thread were naturally assuming it would be a console. As you probably know, the PC right now isn't exactly a profitable system, so a Final Fantasy exclusively or mainly focusing on the PC is definitely out of the question, especially for a Japanese publisher - most of them have never really liked PCs to begin with.

And I do not think Square-Enix belongs to any console or company, actually. If you look at the games they release, they have pretty much been making games on whatever they want. So far, Sony has been pretty smart by keeping a tight relationship with them and S-E has been returning the favor with the games, but they will not hesitate to move on to a more profitable system, just as they have with the PlayStation.

Gears isn't the only example. There's also Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I can also say that I don't think the 360 can pull off a game that is "like playing a Pixar movie", that's what alot of people have been saying about Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
So far though, the PS3 hasn't shown itself to be much stronger than the 360. In fact, the majority of multiplatform games tend to look worse on the PS3. When devs say that a game can't be done on a certian system, they're usually talking about current state, optimization, etc. For example, the Resistance devs stated that Resistance could not be done on the 360, and there plenty of 360 games that surpass it graphically. I'd take what devs say with a grain of salt.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sony_FanBoy

So far though, the PS3 hasn't shown itself to be much stronger than the 360. In fact, the majority of multiplatform games tend to look worse on the PS3. When devs say that a game can't be done on a certian system, they're usually talking about current state, optimization, etc. For example, the Resistance devs stated that Resistance could not be done on the 360, and there plenty of 360 games that surpass it graphically. I'd take what devs say with a grain of salt.TaCoDuDe

Games that are made only for 1 system, tend to have problems when they are ported over or when devs try to port them over. Take The Orange Box for example. It was made primarily for the 360 and PC. The process was mainly fit for those platforms, not the PS3. Plus up until a couple months ago, most devs didn't really show any interest in making the PS3 versions any better. They slapped them together and released them.

frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frostbourne
In the end I believe every console ever created wants to be blessed with such a wonderful franchise as the FF series.
sameister3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sameister3

In the end I believe every console ever created wants to be blessed with such a wonderful franchise as the FF series.frostbourne

I agree.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NWA_31

So far though, the PS3 hasn't shown itself to be much stronger than the 360. In fact, the majority of multiplatform games tend to look worse on the PS3. When devs say that a game can't be done on a certian system, they're usually talking about current state, optimization, etc. For example, the Resistance devs stated that Resistance could not be done on the 360, and there plenty of 360 games that surpass it graphically. I'd take what devs say with a grain of salt.TaCoDuDe

Although I don't believe that either, it's not always about the graphics. The PS3 and 360's architecture is very different, it could have something to do with the coding and all that ish. From what I gather, the PS3 technically should be capable of more, but is difficult to program for while the 360 technically should be capable of less, but is easy to program for.

That's why most multiplatform games usually look worse on PS3, they were developed on 360 first and were ported to the PS3. When it's the other way around, like Burnout Paradise, DMC4 and GTA IV, they look identical.

GOkinaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 GOkinaka
Member since 2007 • 1799 Posts

I voted for it to stay with Sony and the PS3. There ought to be games that are exclusive to the PS3, X360 and Wii for that matter. Otherwise, what would be the point if all of the games out there were available on all platforms? Why would there be a need for three separate systems?

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]So far though, the PS3 hasn't shown itself to be much stronger than the 360. In fact, the majority of multiplatform games tend to look worse on the PS3. When devs say that a game can't be done on a certian system, they're usually talking about current state, optimization, etc. For example, the Resistance devs stated that Resistance could not be done on the 360, and there plenty of 360 games that surpass it graphically. I'd take what devs say with a grain of salt.NWA_31

Although I don't believe that either, it's not always about the graphics. The PS3 and 360's architecture is very different, it could have something to do with the coding and all that ish. From what I gather, the PS3 technically should be capable of more, but is difficult to program for while the 360 technically should be capable of less, but is easy to program for.

That's why most multiplatform games usually look worse on PS3, they were developed on 360 first and were ported to the PS3. When it's the other way around, like Burnout Paradise, DMC4 and GTA IV, they look identical.

Ding Ding, we have the correct answer. Thank you. I get tired of trying to explain it to people.
tmaclabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tmaclabi
Member since 2006 • 17109 Posts
I wanted it to stay in PS3 no matter what, it's a one of a kind gaming in a one of a kind console, i'm planning to buy a PS3 for it. Since most of us wants a PS3 why change?
frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frostbourne
Yes indeed. But for the benefit of people owning other consoles, I think it's about time everyone get a feel of the final fantasy experience.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sony_FanBoy
Yes indeed. But for the benefit of people owning other consoles, I think it's about time everyone get a feel of the final fantasy experience.frostbourne
Then buy a Playstation console. Plain and simple. If you want to play the main Final Fantasy's that the "other" systems get spin-offs for, buy a PlayStation console.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#43 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
i would like to, it gives me more of a reason not to get an xbox, because if this left, the only ps3 exclusive game i would be interested in would be MGS4
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sony_FanBoy
i would like to, it gives me more of a reason not to get an xbox, because if this left, the only ps3 exclusive game i would be interested in would be MGS4johngebreadman
what about Killzone 2, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Chronicles, Socom: Confrontation or Versus XIII?
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
Haha. Yes. I'm not really interested with X-Box and/or the 360. [I know i'm biased on this issue] :PFantasy_Gamer
*stabs* I want it for 360
lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
I quote my best friend Leland on this one "Everyone is intitled to their own opinions, ...........even if they're wrong.:D"
the_greenzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_greenzero
Member since 2005 • 5006 Posts

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]i would like to, it gives me more of a reason not to get an xbox, because if this left, the only ps3 exclusive game i would be interested in would be MGS4Sony_FanBoy
what about Killzone 2, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Chronicles, Socom: Confrontation or Versus XIII?

Don't forget Heavy Rain, Tekken 6, and Uncharted 2.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]i would like to, it gives me more of a reason not to get an xbox, because if this left, the only ps3 exclusive game i would be interested in would be MGS4the_greenzero

Don't forget Heavy Rain, Tekken 6, and Uncharted 2.

I'm not, although I did forget about Heavy Rain. That game is taking forever.