What is ur least favorit monster or boss battle if any FF game?

fantsy_love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fantsy_love
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I was just wondering about this. I would have to say my least is the rats. There in almost every RPG at the start. There weak and overly annoying.

Um for boss battles it would have to b Yazamat in FF 12. I did that one for almost % hrs and messed up and had him go back to full health.....so need less to say i didnt complete that hunt.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts

Least favorite monster: I'm sure most people would agree with me on this; malboros.

Least favorite boss battle: Any boss that ends up changing their weaknesses a thousand times in battle, making it so nothing else ends up hurting them. Examples like the Magic Master guy in FFVI and Doctor Lugae (sp?) in FFIV.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Malboros are those big things with the "Bad breath" that inflict many status problems right? I HATE those things! Especially when they put all your characters to sleep at once... Argh...

No Boss battles right come to mind that I hate at the moment though. But I might remember something later.

Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Yonathin3155
Member since 2009 • 1265 Posts

I too hate Malboros, along with anything else that knows Bad Breath. I also hate the Bog Witch (and all recolors of her) from FFIV. Stupid Toad spell.

As for bosses... Nothing really comes to mind right now.

Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts

Nothing comes to mind for the regular monsters

As for bosses...the last boss is normally annoying because thats when I end up discovering I haven't leveled enough. 

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 magitekk
I'm always overleveled by the time I get to the final boss. I just have like this urge to be fully prepared for everything.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lightning__Evil
I learned that for XIII, of course I found it easier to be over prepared when they give you a big open area to grind right before you go up against the final boss.
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
Probably one of the most annoying fights were the technical ones such as the Spectral Keeper from X.

I can't remember how many times I had to retry simply because I lost count of when I was suppose to switch my characters to a neutral platform.

The boss reminded me sort of like a Hydralisk in a way. But that's just me.
Avatar image for Dracolich_Titan
Dracolich_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dracolich_Titan
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
Malboros for sure. Also the Long Gui and the Adamantoise were quite annoying considering I had to farm them for so long in FFXIII.
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DreadDLordD
Oh wait a minute, there was this freaky pot like mutant from X in the Cavern of Fayth where they had multiple eye balls and you had to strike one for a prize.

But if you got even one wrong thdn it would self-destruct potentially killing your whole party in one blow =/
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 magitekk

What I've always noticed is that you never really talk about Final Fantasy despite the fact that this is an FF union. Same goes with that LiuJing whatever and the Ermosa girl. Like, you've never said anything concerning your favorite FF or anything.

But I'm willing to bet it's either FFVII, FFX, or Tactics.

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DreadDLordD
Concerns you that much does it? Time to be blunt.

VII was the first I ever played and my favourite for a while but now I've found a recent game to idolize ;)
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 magitekk
Does this other FF game happen to be X or Tactics?
aeris101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aeris101
Member since 2006 • 448 Posts
My least favorote monster... I really don't like tonberries. They kill me just about everytime with their knife. And my least favorite boss battle would be the secret boss for FF9 which is that weird world looking thing lol. I dont know they name of it. I just know I cant seem to beat it
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 magitekk
I thought their 'everyone's grudge' technique could prove to be more deadly than the chef's knife...? Oh well, I always beat tonberries before they get close enough to cut me, so I wouldn't really know.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lazyathew
I have something to add for boss battles I hate: most Eidolon battles in FF XIII.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lightning__Evil
Agreed. Even if you know the tricks and exactly what to do it is still a pain and a really close thing to pull it off.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 magitekk

Oh geez, a couple of those guys really gave me trouble. Brynhildr especially. First off, it can be hard to make him yield before the timer runs out, and second he's a pretty heavy hitter.

EDIT: She and her.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lightning__Evil
I agree that she was a pain. I think I disliked Hectacross or whatever Vanilles one was more though.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 magitekk
I dealt with hepoclampaturtle better than any of the others, I think.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lazyathew
The worst one for me was Vanile's by far. Odin was pretty annoying as well though, but I looked up a stradegy on Gamefaqs which made it a lot easier. The stadegy I found for Vaniles didn't work for me at all. But I went back and leveled up some, then tried again with my own stadegy and managed to do it, it was close though.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magitekk
I remember with Vanille's, there was a strategy I came up with myself between her, Fang, and Lightning that left me with 300+ left on the timer. This was nearly a year ago though, so I don't remember. :P I think it was fairly basic though, like switching from Ravager and Medic.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lazyathew

I remember with Vanille's, there was a strategy I came up with myself between her, Fang, and Lightning that left me with 300+ left on the timer. This was nearly a year ago though, so I don't remember. :P I think it was fairly basic though, like switching from Ravager and Medic.magitekk
Lightning wasn't in the battle though, you can only use Fang and Vanille.

What I ended up doing though was have Fang act as a Sentinal while Vanille spammed random Sab spells on it to fill the guage, then heal when someone gets hurt. If they have enough health it works. I equiped them with high level bangles and Vanille had a maxed out Black Bellt.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 magitekk
Oh, that's right, lol. I actually posted the strategy to the hepoclachitier whatever here a long time ago, but I saw it just like a week ago because I was taking a stroll through old threads. xD
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 magitekk

FOUND IT, LOL.

"I said this before, but try this: Have Vanille as a Saboteur and Fang as a Ravager. If your HP gets low, switch to Medic/Ravager. I took this guy down so easily, I only wasted maybe 300 points on the doom counter. I trained quite a bit by constantly preemptive striking behemoth kings and whooping them. You know that place with the behemoth king and the therohecaboomblespoomble fighting? I'd suggest training there and going back and forth between the fighting beasts and the king behemoth that is roaming around just up ahead of them. Once you take one of them down, the other will respawn. It's a really quick way to rack up the CP."

EDIT: And after a while of miss-saying the name of the thing fighting the behemoth king, I finally got it through my head that it was called *dah dahdah dah!* Megistotherion!

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 cjimrun
Member since 2011 • 1255 Posts
I found the best way to beat Hechatonchier is to use Fang to control his distance from Vanille. Have Fang attack as a Commando, which will force her to run over to him, then switch to Sentinel right in front of him. He will now focus on Fang and remain out of reach of Vanille. If he hits Fang with a large attack that moves her back, just switch back to Commando so she runs back over , then switch to Sentinel again. Fang's Mediguard should keep her strong, but Vanille can always heal her if necessary, plus Vanille is free to spam Rav and Sab techniques while Hech's focussing his attention on the defending Fang.