Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

After chocobos, the second most beloved mainstay of the FF series are moogles, or mogli in Japan. Let's take a look at how this great creature evolved throughout the years.

What is a Moogle?

A moogle is a cute, small, white (sometimes pinkish) teddy bear-like creature with some cat-like features. They have an antenna-like red pom-pom on their heads and two tiny bat wings on their backs. Their trademark cry is "Kupo!"

Origins

The beavers of Final Fantasy II has great resemblance to moogles... It's quite safe to say that they are the pre-evolution moogles.

Final Fantasy III

The first legitimate moogle was first introduced in Final Fantasy III... The one being remade for the DS. In this game, they first took the role of being security guards of the old wizard Dorga (aka Doga).

Final Fantasy IV

[Moogles sis not make an appearance in this game.]

Final Fantasy V

Krile (aka Cara) can talk to these wonderful creature. There's even this "hidden" Moogle Village" in the game where you can dress up as a moogle (using Moogle Suit) to be able to open a treasure chest.

Final Fantasy VI

]

Mog, the moogle, first came into picture in this game. He is an optional character who can learn and use the "Dance" command in battle. He is also the only character in FFVI who can equip the "Moogle Charm" relic for No Encounter ability.

There's also an army of moogles you can use in one of the strategy battles in the game.

Final Fantasy VII

Instead of becoming a playable character in this game, moogle was featured in different cameos. First, the character Cait Sith uses this brute, but playful moogle stuff toy as a means of his transportation. Moogle also appears with the summon Choco/Mog. Lastly, there's this mini-game in Gold Saucer called "Mog House" where you can try your chance to make Mog successful with his love life.

Final Fantasy VIII

Not too many know this, but moogle also appeared in this game in the form of "Minimog". He is some sort of a summon who can heal the HP of your GFs. Unfortunately, the item (Mog's Armlet) that allows you to learn said ability can only be gotten by using a Pocketstation.

Final Fantasy IX

Moogles has invaded the world of FFIX! You can find them anywhere in the world. They serve as save/tent points in the game. There's also this "Mognet" side-quest that will help you learn more about the story of the game... You better not miss the best moogle in the game... Stiltzkin!

Also, Eiko has a pet moogle named "Mog" (she's a girl this time), who will later become the Eidolon Madeen.

Final Fantasy X

No other appearances except as weapons for Lulu. It's quite useless as means of physical attacks (unless you took time to make your black mage a fighter :P) It's funny to take note how these dolls walk... Maybe they are vodoo dolls... Just a thouhgt.

Final Fantasy X-2

This is Yuna's mascot costume early in the game. For those who do not know, it is also a powerful dress sphere in the game

One of the missions in Luca in Chapter 5 also features moogles.

Final Fantasy XI

The Moogle has a support role in FF11. Mainly, they take care of your "Mog House" which is basically a sanctuary for your character. Within the Mog house is a "Mog Safe" for item storage and a "Delivery Box", where all your funds go after selling items in auction or when people send you items. The moogle also provides you with the option to change your "Job" & "Sub-Job" and equipped items as well. In addition, they allow you to check on your plants and re-arrange furniture. "Nomad Moogles" come out in smaller remote towns to give you access to you "Mog House". ~ ffcompendium

Also, moogles give out fireworks, prizes, and rare equipment during holidays and special events. They also serve as announcers of new features, missions and tourneys on FFXI.

Final Fantasy XII

Nothing is known, yet, about moogles in FFXII, but based on the available pics, they seem to be flying in this game and has a resemblance to the moogles of FFTA.

To be honest, these guys are rabbits, not moogles. (Joke!) :P

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

One of the children (girl) afflicted with Geostigma carries a Lulu (FFX)- styled Moogle doll.

Final Fantasy Tactics

Moogle (named Mogli) is a summon, that heals HP to a large group of allies, but only for a small amout of HP... Quite useful early on and takes only 1-3 turns to cast.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

These guys can join your gang and take on a variety of jobs: Animist, Black Mage, Gadgeteer, Gunner, Juggler, Mog Knight, Thief, or Time Mage. I find this race to be pretty weak. Also, they look ugly! (That's just me.) They look more of a rabbit than a moogle!

Well, there's this unique moogle character that will join your party early in the game... The name's Montblanc (Check the first moogle in the pic). I don't know, but I did not find him very useful except when used as Time Mage or Gadgeteer. Also, he's very ugly!

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

CC: In the single player game of CC, the moogle carries your chalice. Moogles also show up in various other places around the game. ~ ffcompendium

I don't know what went to the mind of the character designers... Why did they have to remove the hands of these cute creatures?

Final Fantasy Unlimited (Anime)

A moogle was involved as Kaze's partner. He introduced himself as the "charming harmless mascot who everyone loves". ~ wikipedia

I've got a chance to watch an episode of the show. Luckily, that boy was shown there :)

Final Fantasy Adventure

They appear in a very simple form in this game, based on the Final Fantasy III version. ~ wikipedia

Chocobo's Dungeon

Mog took the role of a sidekick to our favorite FF bird.

Chocobo's Dungeon 2

Mog, the cute moogle, rejoined his yellow bird pal in their second dungeon crawling adventur ein search of great treasures. Although the intention of Mog is not really good (Help the almost brainless Chocobo find some treasures and later trick the poor bird so he can take the whole chest), he made quite a good character and has learned to become a trustworthy pal in the end.

Mog was given the "Steal" abilit yin this game. He's really cute in this game.

Chocobo Racing

Our pals from the Chocobo's Dungeon series took a vacation from exploring random dungeons and tried to make a career in cart racing... And Mog is no exception there.

The poor guy's complaining about his lame vehicle (courtesy of Cid) for lack of speed... It's really slow, but very good to control)... Also, he's wondering why he came to be just a sidekick to the brainless bird's self-titled games and hoping he'll get his own racing game in the future entitled, Mog-Oh-Boy Racing".

Kingdom Hearts

This big, red-nosed creature will be found lurking in Traverse Town. They also run the synthesis shop.

Kingdom Hearts II

[No pics available yet]

Moogles will appear in a town in Hallow Bastion. They have the same role they had in Kingdom Hearts (synthesizing items.) ~ wikipedia

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

[No pics available]

Moogles are found when you use a Moogle Shop card. You can sell/buy attack/magic/item cards from them. ~ wikipedia

Secret of Mana

The protagonists encounter a moogle village in this game. In addition, a status effect can temporarily change the player's characters into moogles, which also can be either reversed or caused by an item called the Moogle Belt. ~ wikipedia

Seiken Densetsu 3 (aka Secret of Mana 2)

An armor called the "Moogle Smock" is available in the game.

by: FG

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fantasy_Gamer
WoW! At last!
Deadlyrain92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Deadlyrain92
Member since 2005 • 22002 Posts
Holy crap:shock: Thats alot:o
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fantasy_Gamer

Gotta love moogles now... :)

Fantasy_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Fantasy_Zone
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts
Great info. Thank you leader.
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
i liked moogles ever since i first saw them, which was X-2
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fantasy_Gamer

Thanks for the nice feedback!

Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#9 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

som many info =)

got to love the moogles!

zerroth101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 zerroth101
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts

So much info which is great!!!!! I love Moogles!!!!

Avatar image for nightmare_cloud
nightmare_cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nightmare_cloud
Member since 2005 • 14184 Posts
That's really cool to get all that
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fantasy_Gamer
I'm glad you liked it. It's worth my effort researching, encoding and editing pics.
pretzelmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 pretzelmeister
Member since 2005 • 1414 Posts
Nice job! ive loved moogles forever, theyre my favourite creatures in all of FF!!!
Selrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Selrath
Member since 2005 • 3333 Posts

w00000t? there is a Final Fantasy anime?!? Thats awesome. im gonna get it NOW!

Does Anyone know where i can get it?

also. i just read that the anime got like 21 -26 episodes but its cancelled.. is that true?

sa_jcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 sa_jcfan
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts
I was a bit disappointed with FFTA that Moogles took on a bunny-like appearance but after seeing the FFXII screenshots of them, I thought they were SO freakin' adorable.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fantasy_Gamer
^ Same here, but I think the FF12 incarnation of FFTA moogles are quite cute.
daleerin24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#17 daleerin24
Member since 2005 • 911 Posts

Ok , this is the very description of Cuteness at its  best! Can I have a moggle anybody, I mean please? just a lil' squishy moogle to hang out with me while I play on my Comp? Hmmm......... You say this is not the correct place to post a question like this? Ah, I see, I will go post it at squaresoft then !( Heheheh)

Chrissy, and Chrissy's home beneath(link)

http://s11.invisionfree.com/Role_Players_Haven/

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fantasy_Gamer
"Cuteness at its best." :lol:
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#19 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
kuppo =)
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fantasy_Gamer
Moogles are not as popular as Chocobos... I guess...
FEGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FEGC
Member since 2005 • 2473 Posts
Good job for a nice leader..........  :idea:
RivaOni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 RivaOni
Member since 2005 • 73 Posts
Quite informative, good to see how far they stretch back! I've always preferred Moogles to Chocobo's to tell you the truth, probably why IX is my favourite Final Fantasy game.
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 maa4208
Member since 2004 • 14543 Posts
I have to say my fav. moogle is from FFIX. They looked cool! :D