vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 vegamineral
Member since 2011 • 2204 Posts
I'd like to converse about the new characters in the Final Fantasy series from Final Fantasy 14 or 13-2, exc. As me Im more excited to learn about Cauise from Final Fantasy 13-2, the antoganist. Here we can see what type of new characters other people are into and learn about them as well.
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
I want to see what the new Hope is going to be like in XIII-2. He will be the same age as Lightning and the head of some research facility or something. Seems like a big shift from his character in XIII. We'll also get to see Serah blossom into a real character rather than the plot device she was used as in XIII.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vegamineral
Hope does look a lot different. Turning out succesful in life, I see he still has his old boomerang.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lightning__Evil
You gotta stick with what ya know right. Maybe he and Lightning will end up together. She needs someone in her life. It seems like all the other main protagonists had some kind of love interest.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vegamineral
Yeah since Snow and Serah never got married. My prediction is that Lightning is going to die at the end or right before the end of the game.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
New characters in Final Fantasy XIV? There's like millions :P
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lightning__Evil

Yeah since Snow and Serah never got married. My prediction is that Lightning is going to die at the end or right before the end of the game.vegamineral

No!!!! Don't tell me that. Lightning can't die! Plus this game suppossedly has multiple possible ending and I hope that Square wouldn't make it so that she dies in all of them if she dies at all. Lightning/Hope will be together and Serah/Snow will be together. Maybe even Vanille/Noel who knows;) 

johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 johngrose77
Member since 2008 • 2978 Posts
Yeah but if Hope is the same age then that would mean Lightning is not a older sister now. Also Is Lightning stil going to treat Hope like she is his mother. Iwould like to see them together too so hopefully there is an ending with this. Age is just a number anyhow. Serah may have to sacrifice herself to save it or Noel. Also your party is pretty much Noel and Serah the whole time...why else would they allow monsters in your team...I predict Caius actually being good and Caius being Noel's brother.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lightning__Evil
Some how Lightning and Hope are both 24, I'm guessing it has to do with the whole time paradox thing but Serah is only 21 I believe so Lightning is still her older sister. I never saw Lightning as a mother figure for hope. Maybe a teacher but then as he gets stronger through the game I saw them as commrades in arms that were almost of equal fortitude and I think they would be good together so hopefully that is a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised about the whole Caius and Noel being related thing and if I had to guess I would bet that Caius has some kind of curse or something since he can't die. Also in the trailer it showed Noel being stabbed and Serah was supposedly the same as that new girl that ends up dying. We'll see what happens.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
How old is Lightning supposed to be in XIII?
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vegamineral

[QUOTE="vegamineral"]Yeah since Snow and Serah never got married. My prediction is that Lightning is going to die at the end or right before the end of the game.Lightning__Evil

No!!!! Don't tell me that. Lightning can't die! Plus this game suppossedly has multiple possible ending and I hope that Square wouldn't make it so that she dies in all of them if she dies at all. Lightning/Hope will be together and Serah/Snow will be together. Maybe even Vanille/Noel who knows;)

It was just an opinion. And I dont think their are multiple endings I think I finishes with the same ending leading to multiple consequences that can be played after you defeat the final boss.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johngrose77
Hope was 14 in XIII and XIII-2 takes place 10 yrs after making him 24. I only know Hopes age from XIII...
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vegamineral

Lightning is 24 since its 2 years into the future but after the world crisis Hope traveled 10 years into the future and became 24 himself.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lightning__Evil
Let me set this all straight. In FFXIII Lightning is 21, Hope is 14, and Serah is 18. In FFXIII-2 Lightning is 24, Hope is 24, and Serah is 21. So Serah and Lightning have aged accordingly and the only reason that Hope aged 10 years is because Serah traveled 7 years into the future from the start of FFXIII-2 and met up with Hope again where he would have naturally aged to the point of being 24, he didn't do any time traveling himself. Anyway, LightningxHope forever:D
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vegamineral
Lightning sure took his mom off his mind.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lightning__Evil
I'd say that she was more able to turn is focus towards project Nora so that he could stay focused in battle but even still I think they grew closer through the events of XIII and I want them together:P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vegamineral
Think of the connection they'll have if they meet up in the next game.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lightning__Evil
The next game as in XIII-2 or XIII-3? I'm guessing you mean XIII-2 but I'm not entirely sure :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vegamineral
Yes FFXIII-2, Im not sure about there being an FFXIII-3.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lightning__Evil
Square filed for a domain name for it but I think that was just in case they decided to make a 3rd. No announcements yet as to whether or not they will.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vegamineral
It is my opinion that if the ratings for FFXIII-2 are at least 8.5 they can put it into consideration. The only problem is if theres gonna be alternate endings how can they make it work.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lightning__Evil
I'm not even 100% there are multiple ending but I believe Square said there would be different possible endings and with a time travel system in the game I would almost think that multiple endings would be easier or atleast more realistic for the game.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vegamineral
Hey did you hear any thing about how Sahz may be in FFXIII-2?
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lightning__Evil
From what I heard Sazh will be available in a mission to be added later in DLC. I'm not sure if that is the case especially since he was shown in one of the trailers briefly. Personally I didn't care for him all that much so it doesn't make a difference to me if he's in it or not.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vegamineral
Truly I like Noel's alternate costume. If you havent seen it you should.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lightning__Evil
Its not bad but I think I still prefer either his normal outfit or his Ezio costume. I like Serah's alternate outfit but her Bikini outfit is just completely unnecessary.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vegamineral
Is the Ezio the black and red one because thats what Im talking about.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johngrose77
Square really have really been stressing sex appeal lately...like the Third Birthday Aya shower thing and her numerous skimpy outfits. Now Serah in a bikini..suprise suprise...
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vegamineral
I believe its to attract more people to Square Enix.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lightning__Evil

Ezio is a lead in Assassin's Creed and Noel will have his costume as DLC but now the Red and Black one isn't Ezio's costume. His is more of a grey but it looks cool. Not that I don't like the red and black but I simply liked the other too better mainly because his normal outfit fits the game's setting I think, I'm used to Ezio's costume already, and then the red and black I'm just not familiar with adn thought that it had an overpowering kind of samurai vibe too it.

All those skimpy revealing outifts just sounds like normal Japan too me. Trust me that there are plenty of animes that are more scandalous and those are regular animes not even the adult only kinds of animes. I haven't seen those.

vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vegamineral
It comes to my belief that the revealing outfits are what people are into now because no one cares about much of the story or the game anymore just the looks of the characters.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lightning__Evil
I'll admit that I enjoy being able to change costumes or designs of my characters to some degree but I'm looking more for style then how revelaing something is when deciding and the story along with the characters themselves will always be more important.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vegamineral
I agree. The story is more important than appearance.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lightning__Evil
I wonder if Serah will be a good main Protagonist.
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I'm also interested to see if Serah will be a good lead character. Though I have a feeling she'll be the type to be dragged around while Noel does most of the damage. She doesn't come off to me as an experienced fighter though she could have learned a thing or two in the two years that passed.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vegamineral
Serah seems more mature and brave than in the last game. Hope it pulls through.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 johngrose77
I think Noel seem just as much the main ccharacter as Serah.
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 cjimrun
Member since 2011 • 1255 Posts
Serah was a victim in the first game and the footage I've seen does little to indicate that much has changed. Be it Noel, Snow or Light, someone is always handling the dirty business where she's involved.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vegamineral
More has changed since their is evidence of another world and life has restarted on Pulse.
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cjimrun
No doubt...but Serah still looks like a tortured toy-girl to me, whereas Light would never have taken guff off anyone.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lightning__Evil
I agree with these things and she may not seem experienced but then again I may point out that Yuna was somewhat similar in that respect and she was a great character/lead protagonist. What do you mean X had a male lead?;)
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vegamineral
I just noticed something. You know how Lightning has that half feather skirt in FFXIII-2? Didnt Yuna have something like that in FFX-2? I guess in each second game version they do that to the main female character.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 johngrose77

Yuna was kind of a lead in X but the thing was in the end it was based off of Tidus. It follows Tidus throughout the whole game not Yuna. You start with Tidus. Final Fantasy X was Tidus story not Yunas. Yuna was just really involved with Tidus and was a huge part of his story. This is my opinion on the matter. Plus The main antagonist was mainly Tidus's antagonist. Also you stricly hear only Tidus thoughts in the game. Tidus narrates the story as well.

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cjimrun
I think Sin was just as much Yuna's enemy as Tidus'. True Jecht was Tidus' father, but Sin was a threat to all of Spira and Yuna was their appointed protector. Just because the story is told from Tidus' eyes, I don't think it necessarily makes him more central than Yuna...after all, XII is told from Vaan's eyes and he was probably the least important character plot-wise.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vegamineral
I didnt mean Yuna as the main character but the main female character.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 johngrose77
Vaan is considered the main protagonist of XII though and he may not have had much to do with the plot but it follows him which makes him the lead. Same with IX...it was more about Garnet in the beginning in terms of plot but it followed Zidane and he was the lead. I am not saying yuna is unimportant just saying Tidus is more focused on in the game just as every lead.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vegamineral
Some in game features in FFXIII made me begin to think Vanille was the main character.
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cjimrun

Vaan is considered the main protagonist of XII though and he may not have had much to do with the plot but it follows him which makes him the lead. Same with IX...it was more about Garnet in the beginning in terms of plot but it followed Zidane and he was the lead. I am not saying yuna is unimportant just saying Tidus is more focused on in the game just as every lead.johngrose77

Garnet is a central part of IXs plot, but Zidane is clearly the main character there. The real triangle is between him, Garland and Kuja. They are the Terrans who were to consume Gaia. However, I feel Vaan was nobody in XII. Don't get me wrong. I had him in every party and filled his licences before anyone elses, but really the story is about Basch, Gabranth and Ashe. Everyone else is along for the ride.

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lightning__Evil

I was joking Vin, besides, just because the story is told from someone's point of view and they are recognized as the face of that title it doesn't mean they are the actual lead. I can really only speak for X and XIII but the whole journey in X was about Yuna's Pilgrimage and in truth only she had the power to defeat Sin with her summoning abilities. In XIII Lightning is recognized as the lead but in truth I would say that characters are all kind of equal in their role as a lead. They all had their own seperate reason for doing what they were doing and we saw that journey unfold for each of them. Lightning was the recognized lead, Vanille was the narrator and she along with Fang were the key to the finale. In truth they were all important but I would say Yuna is the true lead of X and it seems the ladies lead XIII although like I said they are all somewhat equall, its just the ladies carry a bit more weight in the game.

Also, I meant to put this sooner but forgot and I forgot who said it but I think it was Vega. Lightning's half skirt along with the logo for XIII-2 were purposely created in reference to Yuna's half skirt and the logo in FFX-2.Â