PS3/F1 CE Owners: Any interest in a F1PU game night?

mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mechberg
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm not sure how many of you out there have both a PS3 and a copy of F1CE but, on the heels of our first very successful GameSpot Game Night, I was wondering if you guys might be interested in a similar thing for F1CE. I know this forum has users from all over so scheduling might be tough but I'm up for helping to organize things if there's enough interest.

Let me know in this thread if you're interested and what day/time is good for you.

The_Gabmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 The_Gabmaster
Member since 2007 • 1580 Posts

That would be fun for ps3 owners... But i aint one of em'. But I still like the idea!!!!!

Darn, gotta get a ps3 for that game......

BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 BlaZe_irl
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
i would love to participate but I dont own a PS3, but I'd be willing to help organise it by sending out PM's etc :)
aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 aloushi87
Member since 2003 • 2515 Posts
A similar idea was previously suggested, but for some reason it wasn't much encouraged. :?
I like the idea, and if you want to organize a special F1PU Night or F1PU League, then be my guest and I will help in every possible way. Perhaps also you can get some of your colleagues at GS to play with the rest of the members.

There are a few members who own PS3 and F1 CE, I know icytower and SMUboi. I'm sure there are others as well. I'm going to PM all members about it. :)
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mechberg
I bet I could convince Aaron Thomas to roll with us. Provided you guys don't give him too hard a time about the review! ;)
wonderboy_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#6 wonderboy_46
Member since 2005 • 796 Posts
I'd absolutely love to play but I don't own a PS3 yet. I played the game at a branch of HMV near where I live in Manchester and thought it was great. Maybe this should be held back a bit until more people own the system and the game? I'm sure we could get loads of people involved that way.
wonderboy_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#7 wonderboy_46
Member since 2005 • 796 Posts
Sorry for the double-post, but when I say Manchester I mean Manchester in England (just to clarify for those of you who might be wondering what HMV is, its kinda like Virgin Megastores).
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Its about freakin time guys! I have been doing this with another group, actually yesterday, (neogaf) and it turned out great, 10 out of 11 showed up. They also have a site where you can sign up and guarantee a team and spot on the server. Actually you dont even have to sign up, you just sign your PSN in time. Aaron cant come though...jk :P
Bule1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bule1101
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I own the Ps3 and the game and i would  love to play!
jaredf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaredf1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I have both and would love to join in.
slyfox74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slyfox74
Member since 2006 • 1384 Posts
i agree with the last 2 members Brian, i also own a ps and the game and would be interested in playing, my problemo is i work weekend nights....i would asume it would be held some evening like a friday and i therefore wouldnt be able to participate. but if the majority of folks want it then, ill just have to sit it out, no worries though, i play the game enough as it is :lol:
Stelron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stelron
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts

I have a ps3 but i don't have the game. I can buy the game in no time if it is for this reason but i am wondering if i can play withought problems.

I have a 768kbps dsl connection. Does enyone know about this issue?

jggubman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jggubman
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hay ya

I have a PS3 and got the game yesterday!!!!! Love it...Will be keen on a night/whenever game....Just PM me the time in the UK 

Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#14 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts
OMG!!! Mom, I need a PS3 now!!!
atlessky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 atlessky
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts
gees,even if i get PS3 now i dont think i can go on9....
aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aloushi87

We've got a few entries so far, may be we can get it started with about 8 players or so.

mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mechberg

Okay here's the list I have so far:

• BrianEk
  • F1Lengend
  • Bule1101
  • jaredf1
  • slyfox74
  • Stelron (needs to get the game)
  • jggubman

Even though it'd be great to have a full 11-car field, this is more than enough to get a game night going. Very cool! Now the question remains: when?

In terms of my schedule, weeknights are usually better than weekends for me. However, I'm out of the office all next week so I'm wondering if maybe Saturday or Sunday would be good for you guys. I'll propose noon on this coming Saturday (April 7) which is 8 p.m. London time, if I'm not mistaken. Let me know if you guys can make this and we'll tweak accordingly.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
awesome idea, i wish i could take part but i dont have a ps3 :(
aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aloushi87

Cool! But I thought Aaron was going to join as well :?, don't worry Brian we're not gonna give him a tough time about the review :P, eventhough none of us is satisfied with the score! ;)

When all the players have been confirmed, we can create a seperate thread for the purpose of the F1PU Night and players can post their thoughts, times, reactions... etc

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 F1Lengend
First off brian, can europeans play against NA? I thought that didnt work. Although i hate playing during noon because i cant see my tv, i will make the sacrifice :P Is everyone good with 12:00 (eastern?)
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mechberg
That's a good question F1, and one I don't know the answer to. Considering we've got a pretty hefty Euro contingent here, the whole plan may revolve around it. Does anyone know for sure if the two can communicate? And actually the time I proposed was noon PDT, which is 3 p.m. EDT...
The_Gabmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Gabmaster
Member since 2007 • 1580 Posts
Lucky ps3 owners.......:cry:
slyfox74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slyfox74

i remember playing the TOCA race driver series online and the majority of the time i was playing with people from europe.  i dont know if its possible with F1CE b/c you cant hear the people your talking to. many people have there displayed nationality as many different countries though, but that could just mean there "part" of that nationality. 

as for the schedule:

weekend days are good for me and week day evenings. im cool with it being around noon, but that brings up another
topic = race length. are we going for the sim experience or would we do reg. online type races like around 6-8 laps, and then move onto another track? just another thought :)

SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 SMUboi
Member since 2004 • 474 Posts

I have a ps3 but i don't have the game. I can buy the game in no time if it is for this reason but i am wondering if i can play withought problems.

I have a 768kbps dsl connection. Does enyone know about this issue?

Stelron
Stelron.. if you get the game... we can play online... it would be an honor to race against you!!! (I am ben from batracer)... Brian.. consider me in!!!!
homer1492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 homer1492
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'd love to play! Playstation network name: flying finn

I would prefer 6-15 laps, everything on!

mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mechberg

The updated list:

• BrianEk
  • F1Lengend
  • Bule1101
  • jaredf1
  • slyfox74
  • Stelron (needs to get the game)
  • jggubman
  • SMUBoi
  • homer1492

That's a pretty strong nine-car field there. Very nice! So here's what we've got so far:

WHAT: GameSpot/F1PU F1CE Game "Night"

WHEN: Saturday, April 7 from noon PDT - 2 p.m. PDT

I'll be hosting the races (my PS3 nick is BBReBozo, please add me if you can).

As for race types, I'm up for whatever. I just finished a full-length Canadian GP this morning before coming into work so I'm good to go! ;) I suggest we start with a few shorter races in the beginning before moving on to some longer events. I also wouldn't mind mixing up the race types between damage/no damage just to get a feel for where everyone is in terms of skill. Still, I'm up for whatever you guys want. Maybe we can cap the session off with a half-length Malaysian GP in honor of the evening's real race?

Anyway, if you plan on attending the session this Saturday, please let me know here so I can get an idea of who's going to be there.

Brian

slyfox74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 slyfox74

12 to 2 is perfect. im also up for any race type, as long as it is clean racing. i hate getting bashed on the track.

ps3 online name: sitisin

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 F1Lengend

COol, so ya count me in, another question, how do we sort teams. I know the big three will be the most wanted. How about a random draw? If we are playing 12-2 then i guess we can switch it up each race. I dont mind anything as long as i dont have to be Super aguri multiple times :P

Edit:  Assassin47  PSN/XboxLive 

mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mechberg
Okay you guys are in. As for the teams, I think random is fair. Perhaps if this takes off we can run a championship of sorts in the future but for now, let's keep it casual.
slyfox74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 slyfox74

i agree, casual is better.  also, will it be a locked room, with a password? (can you even do that on f1ce?) or will we receive an invite from you brian? 

whats your plans for the name of the room and such, b/c if you call it "gamespot room" or something, those of us who have officially signed up for this thing thru the site will not be able to play b/c im sure it would fill up :)

finally, is it going to be sat 4.7.07 at 12:00pm-2:00pm still, if so, that doesnt leave a LOT of time to finalize this meeting. please get us the game info asap.

looking foward to organized f1 racing:)

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
I'd love to join in but I don't have the $25 it would cost me to fix my router so I can get online with my PS3 :(. Maybe if there are more at some point later in the year I can join.
DrVelocita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrVelocita
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
to help European players.. it is 8pm GMT to 10
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mechberg
Hey guys, I'm experimenting with the setup now and I think this is how it's going to work: We're in the R130 lobby. Game name will be F1PU, password is GS. I'll send invitations to the people on my friends list, otherwise you can just enter as you like. We've got about 30 minutes before this kicks off, so if you have any questions please let me know. Brian
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SMUboi
shooot.. i am updating my system firmware it is taking too long!
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mechberg
Hasn't been a huge turnout so far, so Assassin47 and I are in the Parabolica lobby, room name F1PU, no password... join up!
BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BlaZe_irl
Hasn't been a huge turnout so far, so Assassin47 and I are in the Parabolica lobby, room name F1PU, no password... join up!BrianEk
want me to throw out a PM? Some people mite not be aware it started this early (ie the ones who signed up before u gave the date,,,)
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SMUboi
i'll be there Brian... I am at 35% firmware update
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mechberg
[QUOTE="BrianEk"]Hasn't been a huge turnout so far, so Assassin47 and I are in the Parabolica lobby, room name F1PU, no password... join up!BlaZe_irl
want me to throw out a PM? Some people mite not be aware it started this early (ie the ones who signed up before u gave the date,,,)

Sure sounds good man. Thanks!
BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BlaZe_irl
Sure sounds good man. Thanks!BrianEk
done! :) now we just gotta wait :P
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SMUboi
updating software now
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mechberg
Hour 1 is down and F1 Legend and I are tied in a 18-18 points struggle. The guy is fast!
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mechberg

Well now that was fun.

Thanks everyone for coming out, especially F1 Legend and SMUBoi (I think those two were the only ones from F1PU, apologies if not). A planned two hour event turned into three and a half hours of racing, most of it clean (well some of it) and all of it fun.

Highlights for me included an absolutely hairy run at Suzuka (I always forget how narrow that track is, which makes a big difference at ludicrous F1 speeds), and the dual 20-lap Sepang runs we did (where we were all schooled by someone named PBSRT4, who nearly lapped the fieldn the second time around).

Lowlights for me were multiple spinouts due to me being a dork and at one point, pretending my McLaren was a forklift and jabbing F1 Legend in the back and lifting it off the ground on the long straight at Catalunya.

Nonetheless it was a great time and I hope those who participated enjoyed it too. We'll do another one real soon, and hopefully we'll have a bigger F1PU turnout.

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
Once I've got some spare cash I'll gladly join as a back marker. I'm not good with the manual settings and all but I'll still have fun trying not to blow the car up and stuff :P.
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SMUboi
I beat PBSRT in the next race tho... but some guy in there crashes into ppl for fun.. but PB's lap times were hot!!
Rusje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rusje
Member since 2005 • 290 Posts
I would love too join but i don't have a PS3 yet :(
Greg_888_v8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Greg_888_v8
Member since 2005 • 3881 Posts
i could play,

i have a PS3......although im not sure if my Aussie PS3 can play F1 on worldwide online.....it may just be NZ/AUS servers.

it would be an honour to drive against Ek !
BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BlaZe_irl

Its a shame a havent got a PS3, I'd love to race against other members, I'm sure I could give a few of you a run for ur money :wink: Unfortunately, that aint happenin :(

aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aloushi87

Sounds like you guys had a great time, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

If you guys are willing to create a league or a championship, then please be my guest. :)