F1PU Idea: Have your say

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

I was suggesting this idea to the officers, but BlaZe raised a good point: It affects you, so you should have your say.

Personally, it could work, however it is rather complex and therefore I don't think it will be much approved of, but it's up to you.

This idea is an alternative for the F1PU Vision Championship, and is currently used for ITV's F1 website. I thought it would work well, but, as you're about to see, it is incredibly difficult to explain.

For each GP:
- Each person selects 4 teams, each ranked 1-11 and the total must come to a MINIMUM of 25 (For example, Ferrari are ranked 1 and Force India are ranked 11. McLaren's DQ was not taken into consideration on ITV, therefore they are rank 2)

- Of those 4 teams, the player chooses one driver from each to score their points for them in the race (I.E. Ferrari, McLaren, BMW, Renault (I know it wouldn't add up to 25 but it's just an example) and the player chooses Massa, Hamilton, Heidfeld & Alonso). Points will be discussed later on.

- Extra points are available for correctly predicting who will have the fastest lap time in practice, the GP and who will hold pole (pole position and fastest practice holder cannot be the same driver). There are also points for who will be on the podium too. Every driver is available for selection, not just the drivers chosen earlier.

- Players may also select the Best constructor (the team with the best result in the weekend) and the Worst Constructor (the worst overall result).

- For each constructor chosen (so both drivers from the 4 teams chosen), points are scored as follows:
1st: +10
2nd: +8
3rd: +6
4th: +5
5th: +4
6th: +3
7th: +2
8th: +1
All other cars running at finishing flag: +1
Cars not running at finishing flag: -5
Front row starting position on the grid: +5

- For the 4 drivers chosen, points score as follows:
1st: +10
2nd: +8
3rd: +6
4th: +5
5th: +4
6th: +3
7th: +2
8th: +1
All other cars running at finishing flag: +1

- For the 4 drivers chosen, for each position they move up the grid, they score an extra 3 points. E.G. a driver starts 18th and finishes 16th, the driver scores 6 points. No points are lost if they go backwards.

- There last load of points are scored as follows:
Correct Driver for fastest Practice lap: +3 pts
Pole Position: +3 pts.
Fastest race lap: +3 pts.
Podium finish: +3 pts.
OR
Correctly predicted podium place: +5 pts.
If all three in correct predicted places: +5 pts. extra (making 20 in total)
Best Constructor: +5 pts.
Worst Constructor: +5 pts.

OK, now I know to everyone this will seem very confusing, but the layout of posts can be like this (and, if the idea is accepted, I will post this bit in the main posts so you can copy & paste):

EXAMPLE POST
TEAMS: Ferrari, McLaren, BMW, Renault (of course, this wouldn't be acceptable, as this doesn't add up to or surpass 25)
DRIVERS: Massa, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Alonso
FASTEST PRACTICE LAP: Rosberg
POLE POSITION: Coulthard (does not repeat fastest practice lap choice)
PODIUM: Raikkonen, Hamilton, Alonso
FASTEST RACE LAP: Heidfeld
BEST CONSTRUCTOR: Ferrari
WORST CONSTRUCTOR: Super Aguri

Indeed complicated, but a simple layout as can be seen above. I understand if you want to keep the Vision Championship, but I thought I'd show you this alternative on the off-chance you guys liked it.

cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
I can see this working.. it will certainly make for a much more fun competition here, rather than the fairly simple "Raikkonen, Hamilton, Alonso" game of last year. This new idea seemed very confusing at first, but I'm starting to see that it isn't actually as difficult to calculate as I thought. One thing though; I'm not sure that giving the same number of points to 8th as to everyone else below who finishes is a good idea. Maybe 9th downward could get half a point, because otherwise the significance of 8th place as the first point scoring place is removed.
Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Redders1989

EDIT 1: Poll created. Idea with the most votes by Sunday night (GMT) will be used for 2008 Season. This is because in the case of this idea winning, the predictions would have to be locked one day earlier as practice times are also taken into consideration, whereas the Vision Championship focused just on Quali, Pole & Fastest race lap.

EDIT 2: May make things harder to calculate, but if in agreement with cjek's idea (9th & lower scores half a point), please state.

EDIT 3: I misread the rules; the 4 teams chosen must be a MINIMUM of 25, it doesn't have to be 25 exact. My apologies for that mistake.

Avatar image for KimisApprentice
KimisApprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KimisApprentice
Member since 2006 • 2425 Posts

I'm voting for the new system including the 0.5.pt of 9th or worst :)

Thus I ended up voting for the wrong thing. Whoops, sorry guys :D

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Redders1989

oh dear :lol:

I'll -1 the VC and +1 the new idea at the end of votes :P

Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#6 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts

I love this idea... Will totally support it!!!

Phreezuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phreezuk
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Great idea - you've got my vote.

justo181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 justo181
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It's got my vote! 8)
Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Redders1989

THREAD LOCKED.

With the change to KA's vote as required, the new proposal wins. The thread for this will be created shortly.