Cyrona3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cyrona3
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Only started playing tonight, rolled a two handed swordsman, equipped a shield and it always fails to block 100% Physical damage, which is fine, not all shields do, but all three of the shields I have fail to do so, in Dark Souls you could get a 100% physical damage shield quite early on, did I miss it? Made the first few areas quite a nuisance

Cy

OhWell4992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OhWell4992
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

If you want it so bad, you can always beat the pursuer as soon as possible to get a 100% physical shield (loot from a body on the lower floor after defeating him). But yes, most shield do suck. About 90 hours into the game now and I see only about 5 shields out of 34 shields (that I have collected so far) worth using.

Cyrona3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cyrona3
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Yeah I heard about the one behind the Pursuer, only just took down the Last Giant though

Also, anyone else have problems with spearmen? =S

ZDragonLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 ZDragonLord
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

lol, that is why I started as a mage, and became the battlemage that I am. Also, that is why almost EVERY starting class has super dodge. FS did not want players to turtle right off the bat of the game. They wanted us to learn how to do something other than block it all. Now, personally (using the tower great shield and full Havel) I do some of that seeing parrying is a joke, but I used dodge and stun lock to my advantage through the most part of the start.

Spearmen, an in halberds, somewhat, lol they get worse…but, no spoilers…haha. Best tactic is to invest in some kind of bow/magic, kill them before needing to use that shield.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Get Tower shield, it's just after you beat Old Dragonslayer in Catredral of Blue.

SektorDaGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SektorDaGreat
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Believe it or not you have access to a 100% shield as soon as you get to Majula Oblongata. It takes some leveling but is actually stronger then the base tower shield with two level ups. The shield im talking about is the great shield you buy from the merchant wearing the tesledora robe or whatever its called. Hes directly across from the cat merchant near the giant hole in Majula. Generally ill level up and use that shield with the fire longsword and its smooth sailing until about half way through the game. Also dont take a regular shield into no mans warf or your ganna have a bad time. I did that on my covenant of champions play through and never again.

PrinceRhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By PrinceRhymz
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

I respecd earlier to get rud of my shield and invest the VIT points elsewhere. Really found them not very worthwile.

I respecd back later as i felt naked without one tho lmao