Is anyone trying to collect everything in the game?

ExtremeWealth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ExtremeWealth
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

Is anyone trying to collect all the armors, weapons, and rings even though it's not required for any trophies?

Lyrebon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Lyrebon
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

Hahaha, no. Two of the rings require that you survive the entire game without dying, and the other requires you to never rest at a bonfire. I just collect what I need.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

@Lyrebon said:

Hahaha, no. Two of the rings require that you survive the entire game without dying, and the other requires you to never rest at a bonfire. I just collect what I need.

How could one play dark souls without dying even once nor rest at a bonfire o_O

ZDragonLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ZDragonLord
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

@riou7: If you play with a partner or two. Just run through only the necessary paths. Invest in nothing but vitality, endurance, possibly faith (for healing/buffs), and enough strength to use a good great shield as both a shield and weapon. My friends and I made it to aldias, then got lit up by the mages… we almost made it…

Lyrebon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lyrebon

@riou7: Not dying is beyond me since I got smashed at least a dozen times today. But not using bonfires would be simple if taxing. You can use Primal Bonfires to return to Majula, but not being able to access fast travel or attuning has obvious drawbacks. You can only refuel spell uses with items (if you're in NG+ and pre-set an array of them beforehand). As to estus recovery, purchase 99 lifegems and use them instead. You'll need repair powder for damaged gear, or just let it break and have it repaired by a blacksmith.

It'd be tough but not impossible.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

@zdragonlord said:

@riou7: If you play with a partner or two. Just run through only the necessary paths. Invest in nothing but vitality, endurance, possibly faith (for healing/buffs), and enough strength to use a good great shield as both a shield and weapon. My friends and I made it to aldias, then got lit up by the mages… we almost made it…

You made it to aldias is already a pretty good effort I guess

@Lyrebon said:

@riou7: Not dying is beyond me since I got smashed at least a dozen times today. But not using bonfires would be simple if taxing. You can use Primal Bonfires to return to Majula, but not being able to access fast travel or attuning has obvious drawbacks. You can only refuel spell uses with items (if you're in NG+ and pre-set an array of them beforehand). As to estus recovery, purchase 99 lifegems and use them instead. You'll need repair powder for damaged gear, or just let it break and have it repaired by a blacksmith.

It'd be tough but not impossible.

Yep the not dying part is pretty hardcore. It's not impossible for a person with a patience of a saint lol :p

Avatar image for Captain_Swosh69
Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Captain_Swosh69
Member since 2005 • 1012 Posts

what ring do u get for not dying and not using bonfire?

Avatar image for Captain_Swosh69
Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Captain_Swosh69
Member since 2005 • 1012 Posts

ok, i found out about those rings, illusory ring of the conqueror and illusory ring of the exalted, if u beat with no death and no bonfire rest, but u can light them. so, can u do it on a ng+? coz im on ng+, if i go ng++, can i go get them?

Lyrebon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lyrebon

You can get them on any playthrough, just as long as you don't use bonfires or die on that playthrough. The rings are pretty stupid, they only hide the right and left weapon. That's all. Not worth the effort if you ask me.