WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9552 Posts

I started this thread to hear, and get some ideas about what everybody personally think the ULTIMATE game room would consist of.

Ok, so I will start out with a few of my ideas (things I hope when I do eventually move may actually happen).

1. I once took a tour of a guys house that was EVERYTHING Simpsons (the cartoon) once you got to the lower level of his house. Two things I noted... 1. The Simpsons arcade machine (which I plan on owning one day, because that game owns all.. lol), and 2. The revolving "hidden door" which hid another entire room of simpsons goodies. I think the revolving door into another gaming room that would que the zelda hidden entry sound file would be awesome... lol

2. A large enough space to have at least 6 of the shelves in my gaming pictures in the 56k thread.

3. Dedicated cabinets that at one point actually held games that were comercially sold, such as SONY, Nintendo, Sega, etc. Well, either that, or at least the long signs that sat at the top of them mounted to the wall above my shelving units.

4. Wall space for collectibles, plush, posters.

5. Custom made gaming furniture and artwork.

6. Several TV's with 3 consoles a piece connected to each, with the largest TV in the middle.

Well, I could keep going, but I will end it for now... I would like to hear some ideas, and if you all dont mind, maybe take a couple if I really like them when all is ready for building my ultimate gamers room. Oh, by the way my gaming room must be large enough for a pool table, air hockey/ping pong table, bookshelves for strat guides and several TV's.

I realize that this room will probably have to be either an addition, or finished basement, but oh well! :)

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

I like your ideas, though I can think of a few more man cave necessities:

room in front of some of the TVs for gamer chairs..

a refreshment fridge

11.1 surround sound..  :D

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

Some great ideas. Especially the hidden room which would be completely awesome. Having all the handhelds in a lighted glass showcase would be great. I personally would leave the pool table in another room if I could just simply because it would take up so much room where I could have a game case or shelving. Depends on how big the room is.

Oh yeah, beanbag chairs! 4 of 'em. haha

Man I wish I was making a game room it would be so fun to set up. Good luck with it Wit I'm sure it will be everything you want it to be. 

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KGKaiju
Member since 2010 • 861 Posts

I really like those ideas....but I suppose I could add a few of my own.

!.  Officially licensed kiosks for each and every system

2.  A copy of every game made with shelving units adjacent to the aforementioned kiosks....These shelving units would be recessed into the wall to allow as much floor space as possible.....and would have sliding doors so that (if you wanted to) the shelves could be obscured from view.  

3.  Coin-op Arcade machines......at least 4 of them

4.  Game displays (like my Twisted Metal 4 display shown in the collection thread) and posters

5.  A collection of game-inspired figures placed in various locations (ex. Crash Bandicoot on the Sony PS1 shelving.....Mario figures on the Nintendo shelves....etc)

6. Autographed photos of yourself with gaming giants like Ralph Baer, Nolan Bushnell, etc

I can probably think of more but further ideas are eluding me.....

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WitIsWisdom

Fridge, beanbag chairs, and kiosks... check, check, and check :)

good ideas guys, keep em coming, and when the transformation of my gaming room starts, I will credit ideas to everybody who contributed. We have already started looking for the perfect house (for our current needs), and my wife agreed to my man cave, so it might not be as far off as I think. Especially if I get my VA home loan pushed through a little faster. :)

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#6 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
perfect humidity, temperature and air-tight sealing. perfetly fitted shelves are a must... built into the wall TVs... also shelves... all sorts of seating options... a security system that launches intruders into space... or a pit of some kind...
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WitIsWisdom

Security system that launches intruders to HD 85512 b, and a pit full of punji sticks and black mambas... check and check lol

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts

perfect humidity, temperature and air-tight sealing. perfetly fitted shelves are a must... built into the wall TVs... also shelves... all sorts of seating options... a security system that launches intruders into space... or a pit of some kind...waflerevolution

haha that would be the 'ultimate'.  Very nice.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Along with all the previous suggestions, I'd really like to have an unopened copy of every domestic console and portable release complete with vintage pricetags, for that extra-special nostalgia feel, and access to this vault would be either via a keycard lock or one with a combination.  

This would have to be a pretty good-sized space we're talking about. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waflerevolution
also lead-lined and self-powered in case of nukular issues...
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#11 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

My one addition to everyones great suggestions would be this;

I wasn't sure how to display my console boxes, so I build almost a wall of them in one corner of the gameroom. 

If it was behind something like a plexiglass I think it would look very modern art-esk. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waflerevolution
built to size though.
SHEATH013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 SHEATH013
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
In addition to what I already have, I would require a Super GT Deluxe Cabinet, a dual Virtual On Oratario Tangram cabinet, and perhaps two or three more select Arcade cabinets. I already have a Shinobi with a borked monitor and Zaxxon cabinet, those would probably do it with the necessary repairs since I already have a Mamebox.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#14 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Along with all the previous suggestions, I'd really like to have an unopened copy of every domestic console and portable release complete with vintage pricetags, for that extra-special nostalgia feel, and access to this vault would be either via a keycard lock or one with a combination.  

This would have to be a pretty good-sized space we're talking about. 

gmsnpr

Biometric lock LOL