jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

sup guys i noticed that a lot of the regulars don't post much about ps3 or don't have one. i'm looking to game with some of yall (esp if you have kz2) so i was wonderin who here has a ps3? if you want to get added, pls include psn id

for ya'll that don't have it, is it that expensive? or the games not interesting enough yet? or are retro games more fun?

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts
PS3? *hiss* :P
Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
I love mine.
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts
I've had mine since Feb. '07 and I have enjoyed it much. My PSN ID is the same as it is here. Just picked up KZ2, but have not played it yet. I did however play in the multiplayer beta last Nov. and it was a lot of fun.
totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#5 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I don't have one and don't really want one. So far there haven't been any PS3 exclusives that are 'must-haves' for me.

Maybe I'll splurge one day, when the behemoth is cheaper. I'm more likely to pick up a Wii before a PS3 though.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9563 Posts

In my opinion, Killzone 2 is a hugely way over rated game (probably the most dissapointing game I have EVER played).... I was so looking forward to this title, and what I got was chaos with 9 people on the comm. at once (when you can get it to work) with absolutely no teamwork! There is absolutley no appeal in it for me whatsoever... Then again though, I guess everybody has their likes and dislikes, but SOCOM blows Killzone out of the water, into the sky, and out of space! I own both by the way, and I really liked the first Killzone on PS2.

I'm telling you all with PS3's get SOCOM Confrontation (probably the most under rated game I have ever played)... It is by far the best shooter on any current console BY FAR!!! I have logged so many hours into SOCOM that it is unreal! They call SOCOM addiction SOCRACK... LOL

Come on Jsmoke just get it... get it.. get it... (*subliminal message*) :P

You others out there need to give it a fair chance, and if you join my clan (UC) like Dr.Heims (from the CCU) did, we will show you the light!

No other game comes close, and with new patches, and map packs coming out soon, it will only get better. You will NOT find a game with this much comraderie anywhere else! You need your clan to succeed.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jsmoke03

i would...maybe when i get a stable job....the reason i got kz2 was cuz my gf was nice enough to buy it for me for my bday...

the only draw back i have is that i would have to pick up the $60 version because of the headset...i don't have one so beiing tactical is a challenge unless i get one. plus i'm a cod ghost player...a lone wolf...i know camping and supressing fire isn't one of my strong points

oh n plus i promise myself to only get 6-10 games a year....(i'm happy with my backlog of old games unless a super nes/genesis /n64 falls on my lap...or suikoden 1-2) so i'm collecting only current gen games...AND THERES A LOT OF PS3 GAMES I STILL WANT...but socom is officially on the list unless theres a new socom game thats going to come out

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WitIsWisdom
Well, it isn't all about camping and suppresive fire. A good clan needs rushers as well (aka myself)! We have a very solid supportive and hold back team, but we need a couple more run n gunners like myself to put us over the edge!
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts

I love the PS3 and a game system and source of income.

I was one of the people that arrived early for a pre-order and then sold it on eBay, making $2,000. Sold it, then turned around and bought an X360, and a PS3 60GB. You must have the 60GB, for the full compatability.

jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts
Well, I had planned on getting one fairly soon, but the imminent release of Punch-Out!! shot the Wii ahead of the PS3 for me. Maybe by Christmas? Unless I'm able to get the second "toy money" job I'm trying to obtain...then it'll be much sooner.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
I just got my PS3 this Christmas (well, a little bit before Christmas). I currently have 13 games for it, but I find I mostly use it to watch Blu-Rays as my Xbox 360 gets the bulk of my game time.
hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2994 Posts
I do have a PlayStation 3, but I don't have or plan on getting Killzone 2. Other games that I do play in case you have them: Burnout Paradise Grand Theft Auto IV LittleBigPlanet Mercenaries 2 Motorstorm Resistance 2 Saints Row 2 Street Fighter IV Stuntman Ignition Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix ........more PS3 games
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts
I love my PS3, and me and my buds have been having a blast with Resistance 2's Co-op. It's by far the best co-op I've ever played in a shooter.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jsmoke03

I just got my PS3 this Christmas (well, a little bit before Christmas). I currently have 13 games for it, but I find I mostly use it to watch Blu-Rays as my Xbox 360 gets the bulk of my game time.someNONSENSE

is it because of the community?  achievement pts?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WitIsWisdom

I like playing the PS3 online more than 360, because it seems for the most part that there are much fewer kids, and or obnoxious people (slightly more mature audience overall). That being said, the PS3 has its fair share too, just not nearly as many to sort thtough.

Final note, I like kids by the way, its just when parents let their kids play online games, and don't ever monitor what they are saying that bothers me. It is ridiculous the way some of the younger kids talk... I may talk a little like that if I get mad playing a game, but at that age I would be eating a bar of soap! LOL

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts

I like playing the PS3 online more than 360, because it seems for the most part that there are much fewer kids, and or obnoxious people (slightly more mature audience overall). That being said, the PS3 has its fair share too, just not nearly as many to sort thtough.

Final note, I like kids by the way, its just when parents let their kids play online games, and don't ever monitor what they are saying that bothers me. It is ridiculous the way some of the younger kids talk... I may talk a little like that if I get mad playing a game, but at that age I would be eating a bar of soap! LOL

WitIsWisdom
I know what you mean, going slightly off topic here. When I was playing Gears of War when it first came out, I had these two kids calling me racist things etc etc. So in the end I gave up and handed the control to my brother, who in turn started to team kill them. With this happening the kids started to moan alot. Then we could hear someone in the background, and it was there dad he said something like "give me the control and I will kick his ****", this then lead to my brother team kill the father. He got in a mood stating that we shouldn't say racist things to his kids we stated that it was his kids that were doing it, and he should keep control of them better. It ended him saying he was going to track us down and beat us senseless which we just laughed at through the microphone. Ahh good times.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#18 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

I bought my PS3 fairly early on,

Generally speaking, I play my 360 at nearly a 10:1 ratio. Its nothing against the PS3 in particular just the bad taste that was left in my mouth from launch till basically MGS4 when I found that Sony did not take the gaming portion of the business (at least in terms of the PSP and PS3 library) very seriously and hoped that the "Playstation" badge on its own would sell consoles. 

Now that the Library is getting much better I find myself moving to the PS3 a little bit more from time to time, but I don't see the PS3 library surpassing that of the 360 at least in my gaming room anytime soon. 

As for the Live Vs. PSN community, meh. 

I find that the PSN community is certainly more respectful, but at the same time in some games I find it too quiet. Depends on the game I guess?

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]I just got my PS3 this Christmas (well, a little bit before Christmas). I currently have 13 games for it, but I find I mostly use it to watch Blu-Rays as my Xbox 360 gets the bulk of my game time.jsmoke03

is it because of the community?  achievement pts?

Pretty much. I find Xbox Live to be much better than PSN. I still can't figure out how to change my gamer picture on the PS3 and I've looked and looked! 

Achievement points definitely changed my playing patterns as well. I would rather play a game on my Xbox 360 where I can get some acheivement points to show for my time... It's not that other consoles won't get play time, it's just that I continually want to build my gamerscore.. When I get trophies on PS3 games, it doesn't have the impact because there doesn't seem to be an overall score. If there is, I don't understand it because it's not a simple number like XBLA gamerscore is.. So PS3 trophies doesn't seem cohesive at all and I don't really care about trophies that I get, but I do feel compelled to keep building my Xbox Live gamerscore.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Mamba219
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts

I have a PS3 but I only actually own one game for it at the moment, that being Valkyria Chronicles. I pretty much bought the system for that game.

Anyway if you want to know my PSN ID it's Mamba219, but don't expect to see me online unless I can rustle up some of these expensive games sometime soon, a feat that's unlikely seeing as how Resistance 1 is still usually over $20...

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]I just got my PS3 this Christmas (well, a little bit before Christmas). I currently have 13 games for it, but I find I mostly use it to watch Blu-Rays as my Xbox 360 gets the bulk of my game time.someNONSENSE

is it because of the community? achievement pts?

Pretty much. I find Xbox Live to be much better than PSN. I still can't figure out how to change my gamer picture on the PS3 and I've looked and looked!

Achievement points definitely changed my playing patterns as well. I would rather play a game on my Xbox 360 where I can get some acheivement points to show for my time... It's not that other consoles won't get play time, it's just that I continually want to build my gamerscore.. When I get trophies on PS3 games, it doesn't have the impact because there doesn't seem to be an overall score. If there is, I don't understand it because it's not a simple number like XBLA gamerscore is.. So PS3 trophies doesn't seem cohesive at all and I don't really care about trophies that I get, but I do feel compelled to keep building my Xbox Live gamerscore.

That's funny, I feel just the opposite. I much prefer the trophy system. Raw numbers don't mean much to me but it's nice to compare levels (feels RPG-ish) and also easily see how many games have been completed 100% due to the Platinum trophy (of which I now have 1, w00t!). And if there is DLC on a game, you still have your 100% trophy. DLC on the 360 screws up the numbers. I hate that. Also it's nice to see the harder items are given more weight with the bronze, silver, gold concept.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jsmoke03

I have a PS3 but I only actually own one game for it at the moment, that being Valkyria Chronicles. I pretty much bought the system for that game.

Anyway if you want to know my PSN ID it's Mamba219, but don't expect to see me online unless I can rustle up some of these expensive games sometime soon, a feat that's unlikely seeing as how Resistance 1 is still usually over $20...

Mamba219

bioshock is 20

battlefield bc is 20

brothers in arms; hells highway is 20

sega sonic collection is 40

and you can always get those gretest hits

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

hesel

I know what you mean, going slightly off topic here. When I was playing Gears of War when it first came out, I had these two kids calling me racist things etc etc. So in the end I gave up and handed the control to my brother, who in turn started to team kill them. With this happening the kids started to moan alot. Then we could hear someone in the background, and it was there dad he said something like "give me the control and I will kick his ****", this then lead to my brother team kill the father. He got in a mood stating that we shouldn't say racist things to his kids we stated that it was his kids that were doing it, and he should keep control of them better. It ended him saying he was going to track us down and beat us senseless which we just laughed at through the microphone. Ahh good times.

kids shouldn't have mics...some of the stupidest things ive ever heard came from kids

i was playing free for all and there were these 2 kids...one was saying he would pwn anyone on the map (mind u i came in 1st place 2x) and this other kid saying he would pwn the kid that was bragging. then when the 2 kids kept on dying....the guy that was bragging asked if the other kid would play one on one. the kid asked if the guy that bragged had a sster...he in then said "if you beat me im gonna let you have my sister"  

hahaha wtf

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Mamba219
VC's basically why I got mine, although I own Folklore and Enchanted Arms as well.  Now if I could just get it to read Blu-ray discs...

I have been looking to get a few PS3 exclusives here and there if the price is right, like Uncharted and Heavenly Sword, but my level of interest is low, partially b/c I still need to get some repair parts or service, and partially b/c I still barely care about the PS3 as a gaming platform.  If Valkyria Chronicles hadn't been hailed as such a great SRPG and a 60-gig hadn't fallen into my lap for $142, I still wouldn't own one.

I feel somewhat obligated to own a PS3 as it is a current game system and I am a gamer, so when a good opportunity presented itself, I bought one.  However, my gaming dance card is pretty well filled with 360, Wii, DS, and older games.  Arguments have been made that there aren't enough games for the PS3 and arguments have been made that there are plenty of them.  What I know is: for the few hours a week that I get to hold a controller, there are very few games on the PS3 that can pry me away from playing my 360, whether on- or off-line.  As for the idiotic pre-teens on Live, I've learned to tune them out, hit the mute button, or play with people who don't sound like swaggering castrati on a cuss-binge.

If I ever hear "Bring me some m-f-ing chocolate milk" over my headset, I'm out.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts
i've got a PS3, but i don't do online play
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jsmoke03

[QUOTE="Mamba219"]

gmsnpr
VC's basically why I got mine, although I own Folklore and Enchanted Arms as well.  Now if I could just get it to read Blu-ray discs...

I have been looking to get a few PS3 exclusives here and there if the price is right, like Uncharted and Heavenly Sword, but my level of interest is low, partially b/c I still need to get some repair parts or service, and partially b/c I still barely care about the PS3 as a gaming platform.  If Valkyria Chronicles hadn't been hailed as such a great SRPG and a 60-gig hadn't fallen into my lap for $142, I still wouldn't own one.

I feel somewhat obligated to own a PS3 as it is a current game system and I am a gamer, so when a good opportunity presented itself, I bought one.  However, my gaming dance card is pretty well filled with 360, Wii, DS, and older games.  Arguments have been made that there aren't enough games for the PS3 and arguments have been made that there are plenty of them.  What I know is: for the few hours a week that I get to hold a controller, there are very few games on the PS3 that can pry me away from playing my 360, whether on- or off-line.  As for the idiotic pre-teens on Live, I've learned to tune them out, hit the mute button, or play with people who don't sound like swaggering castrati on a cuss-binge.

If I ever hear "Bring me some m-f-ing chocolate milk" over my headset, I'm out.

well depends on what counts as 360 exclusive....if you don't collect pc games, then yea 360 has a plethora more games to offer....if not...i count only about 8 AAA exclusives for the 360...compared to 5....but whatever thats really system wars talk 

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cosmostein77

well depends on what counts as 360 exclusive....if you don't collect pc games, then yea 360 has a plethora more games to offer....if not...i count only about 8 AAA exclusives for the 360...compared to 5....but whatever thats really system wars talk

jsmoke03

While in System Wars, I am sure that sort of logic still holds ultimate relivence, however to me its bunk. 

The only comparison that matters to me is what can I play on my PS3 that I cannot play on my 360, and what can I play on my 360 that I cannot play on my PS3.

Having to drag an entirely different console (PC) to justify the PS3 library seems a little silly to me.

Its been 2 1/2 years, PS3 should be able to stand on its own feet by now with the same sort of stellar library that PS2 had and it just has not.

Where are all the turn based strats that fill my PS2 dance card? Where are all the RPG's that filled my PS2 dance card?

PS3 is MILES away from where the PS2 was in 2 1/2 years into its life. 

The concept of a "AAA" game is interesting, and perhaps I speak for myself here but I am sure 90% of the games I have played in my life scored less then 9/10 or 90/100 or whatever the tie in to make a game "AAA" is.

This IMVHO is what makes the 360 the console of choice for me this generation, the library of secondary games that outpace the PS3 in nearly every genre. 

If you had told me in 2006 that in early 2009 the Xbox 360 would be my "primary" current gen RPG console I would have told you that you were nuts, yet here we are. 

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cosmostein77

I feel somewhat obligated to own a PS3 as it is a current game system and I am a gamer, so when a good opportunity presented itself, I bought one. However, my gaming dance card is pretty well filled with 360, Wii, DS, and older games. Arguments have been made that there aren't enough games for the PS3 and arguments have been made that there are plenty of them. What I know is: for the few hours a week that I get to hold a controller, there are very few games on the PS3 that can pry me away from playing my 360, whether on- or off-line.

gmsnpr

I don't think I could have summed up my own thoughts in regards to the PS3 any better then above.

Even from a collectors standpoint, I find that even though I play my PS3 much less then my 360 or DS (or the older gen console flavor of the month) I am having no issue keeping pace with always being on top of buying the must have games on PS3 which is odd as my wants list on my other consoles still has some length to it.  

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jsmoke03

i know its all preference. not all AAA games appeal to everyone (i myself don't like halo). i've tried to keep an open mind about the whole system wars, and still haven't shuned the 360. like i always said though, ps3 is a great system but it gets knocked by misconceptions of opinion. So i've argued time and time again why ps3 is just as viable, if not more, a console thats worth the money with my friends or any shmuck that tells me ps3 sucks. Is it brand loyalty, am i being 2 passionate about irrelevant things? maybe, but i know one thing, i like to argue about anything and everything (i find it stimulating) 

but most of all, bringing more users to ps3 ultimately makes the system better for hardcore gaming. why did 360 get all these great features and games...user base. and since i can't afford a 360 at the moment, i've influenced a couple of my friends to get one, and its been a good experience playing games online with them. 

if about 95 % of the games on 360 are on the ps3, how can you say that 360 has better games without bringing up exclusives. thats why as retarded as it may seem, i keep up with AAA titles and system talk just to illustrate that ps3 has a good diverse library. 

as far as rpg's go, once again there is a little misconception because this generation is dry with rpg's on all systems. atlus hasn't released that many rpgs, and so has square enix. its not just the ps3. tales of vesperia is ps3 bound, rumors circulating of star ocean coming to the ps3 as well. final fantasy 13 and versus are on their way to ps3. theres already a couple of games on the ps3 like eternal sonata, valkyria chronicles, disgea 3, white knight chronicles...rpgs are on their way. 360 doesn't have more than 7 rpgs that ps3 doesn't. 

hope you guys understand that i want everyone to enjoy the ps3...not just me hahaha

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Mamba219
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
Well, I just bought Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 for the PS3 (so pumped to play this baby), so now I actually own two games for the system. Hooray!
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cosmostein77

i know its all preference. not all AAA games appeal to everyone (i myself don't like halo). i've tried to keep an open mind about the whole system wars, and still haven't shuned the 360. like i always said though, ps3 is a great system but it gets knocked by misconceptions of opinion. So i've argued time and time again why ps3 is just as viable, if not more, a console thats worth the money with my friends or any shmuck that tells me ps3 sucks. Is it brand loyalty, am i being 2 passionate about irrelevant things? maybe, but i know one thing, i like to argue about anything and everything (i find it stimulating)

but most of all, bringing more users to ps3 ultimately makes the system better for hardcore gaming. why did 360 get all these great features and games...user base. and since i can't afford a 360 at the moment, i've influenced a couple of my friends to get one, and its been a good experience playing games online with them.

if about 95 % of the games on 360 are on the ps3, how can you say that 360 has better games without bringing up exclusives. thats why as retarded as it may seem, i keep up with AAA titles and system talk just to illustrate that ps3 has a good diverse library.

as far as rpg's go, once again there is a little misconception because this generation is dry with rpg's on all systems. atlus hasn't released that many rpgs, and so has square enix. its not just the ps3. tales of vesperia is ps3 bound, rumors circulating of star ocean coming to the ps3 as well. final fantasy 13 and versus are on their way to ps3. theres already a couple of games on the ps3 like eternal sonata, valkyria chronicles, disgea 3, white knight chronicles...rpgs are on their way. 360 doesn't have more than 7 rpgs that ps3 doesn't.

hope you guys understand that i want everyone to enjoy the ps3...not just me hahaha

jsmoke03

Its not the the PS3 sucks,  but for me its just not anywhere near my 360 in terms of time logged playing. Even if I back out the first year that 360 had on the PS3 I would imagine the playtime is nearly double.

We can argue up and down about AAA exclusives, but what about AA exclusives? or A exclusives? The difference as I have contended is simply in what I can play on the 360 that I cannot play on the PS3 and vice versa, 

Once that is out of the way, it becomes a matter of which console do I buy the "Non-Exclusives" for?

ANd that becomes a toss up as they pertain to features, GTA4 for example offered me the potential for 360 exclusive content and regardless of if I use it or not the reality is that I like that feature. 

The PS3 certainly has the tools to be just as viable, however the gaming gap between the PS3 launch day and the release of MGS4 was annoying at least for me, and that left a bad taste in my mouth and as such since I was playing my 360 more during that period it just made sense for me to buy the multiplats on that console.

We can argue exlusives till we are blue in the face, but the reality is that The Darkness, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Gears of War were games I played on my 360 that I could not have played on my PS3 (at that time) that I didn't want to play on my PC.  

The issue with the RPG drought en mass,

Yes and No.

Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms, Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia, Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Culdcept Saga, Supreme Commander, Infinate Undiscovery were all games that were either released exclusively for the 360, or released on the 360 first, not a great list but a passable one.

While its awesome that a PS3 user will get to enjoy Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia for me that is moot. It would be like Left 4 Dead being released on the PS3 tommorow it was an awesome game I played the poop out of it but I put it down a few months ago with the intention of never playing it again. 

A great perk for the PS3 user perhaps, but moot to me.

Its like when all the GTA's were released after the fact on Original Xbox, Who cares? Most of us played them years ago on the PS2 anyway.  

As for PS3 RPG's Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 which I can't play anywhere else or came out on PS3 first. Both awesome games but no where near the glut that PS2 gave me in the past. 

As for whats coming, I am pleased with the game quality from MGS4 onward from the PS3 and I hope it improves but games like White Knight and FF Versus have been games that have been promised to me since late 2006 and while I can't wait to play them the reality is that the 360 has filled that void with quantity.

Please understand I am not poo pooing on the PS3, as I LOVED my PS2 its just that Sony at least IMVHO spit in my face this generation with what was almost a lack of interest in gaming for the first year and a half of the PS3's existance and it just don't sit well with me which is why perhaps I do most of my gaming on the 360.

When PS3 does a great game, they normally do it right the problem is that they are few and far in between and that is a quality that drove me mad in regards to the Gamecube last gen.  

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jsmoke03

@ cosmo- in terms of numbers...360 has 147 i believe AA titles. ps3 has 90 AA titles. but if we are looking percentage wise...ps3 has a higher percentage of AA games 30% to 360's 20%...more AA's but also a lot of shoevelware (which i know people still get)

as far as rpg's go...there are 3 new announced ps3 rpg's coming out. cross edge, last rebellion, atelier rorona...plus with white knight chronicles, final fantasy xiii and xiii versus...rpg's isn't going to be as big of a problem for the ps3 as it has been since launch. 

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cosmostein77

@ cosmo- in terms of numbers...360 has 147 i believe AA titles. ps3 has 90 AA titles. but if we are looking percentage wise...ps3 has a higher percentage of AA games 30% to 360's 20%...more AA's but also a lot of shoevelware (which i know people still get)

as far as rpg's go...there are 3 new announced ps3 rpg's coming out. cross edge, last rebellion, atelier rorona...plus with white knight chronicles, final fantasy xiii and xiii versus...rpg's isn't going to be as big of a problem for the ps3 as it has been since launch. 

jsmoke03

Percentage is bunk for me, 

57 more AA games is still 57 more AA games.

Maybe I am the oddball but I have no issue with volume and massive game Libraries, because a console like PS had a ton of crazy crap released and some of it was good a lot of it bad but I still had a ton of great games to pick from, I would rather 900 of a 1000 games be crap and still have a 100 good games rather then 200 of 250 games be crap and have 50 that are solid.

I may need to throw a party when White Knight Finally comes out, I remember it being a Christmas 2007 title. 

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

cosmostein77

Maybe I am the oddball but I have no issue with volume and massive game Libraries, because a console like PS had a ton of crazy crap released and some of it was good a lot of it bad but I still had a ton of great games to pick from, I would rather 900 of a 1000 games be crap and still have a 100 good games rather then 200 of 250 games be crap and have 50 that are solid.

I may need to throw a party when White Knight Finally comes out, I remember it being a Christmas 2007 title. 

what can ps3 do, 360 launched a year earlier...but their lack of games during the first year didn't help either.

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cosmostein77
[QUOTE="cosmostein77"][QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

jsmoke03

what can ps3 do, 360 launched a year earlier...but their lack of games during the first year didn't help either.

The first year certainly helped the 360, but the 57AA game advantage is not solely about the first year.

Sony did what was so successful with PS2 with the PS3 and that was spend the first year marketing it as a media (blu-ray) player first and foremost, realistcially the PS2's first year library was not really that great but they were really the first ones to the party (Save for Dreamcast) and they offered a DVD player for less then one retailed for with no competition for that media, this gen that just didn't work. 

I would love nothing more then for Sony to rock out 2009 with a huge pile of awesome games, but till they do I will be a 360 guy.  

Â