Wrongfully banned from chat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EMPeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EMPeace
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I was watching Ubisoft's E3 press conference, talking with people in the chat, we were all cursing like sailors and no one cared, no one seemed bothered by it. But then apparently I crossed the line, when I simply said to someone "Mah nigga", and I was banned from the chat instantly. It wasn't being used in any racist, derogatory, or otherwise offensive context. It was a nod of approval, more like saying "my bro" or "my friend". How the hell is that bannable?

Would someone care to explain this?

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were banned from the chat. From what I have read you were warned for Cursing Excessively, After you said "Mah Nigga" which is Classified as a RACIAL term the Acting Moderator decided that since you were warned and the 2nd action was taken you have earned the ban. Ill be going over the records to see if you can be unbanned and we will PM you with the decision as soon as possible.

It may have been used in the way of "Nod of Approval" but, the moderator didn't see it that way.

If you were under a different username please PM the username so that we can look into this

JP_
Gamespot Moderator