User/Metacritic score for each individual platform is gone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2
deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

So for example let's say I wanna buy GTA V but I don't know should I buy it for X360 or PS3, is there still a way to see scores (User and Metacritic) for each platform separately? Now it seems that they are just all tangled together. If this is the way then I don't think its really fare for games that have console and handheld release since those are pretty much always two totally different games...

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Under the old format, just under the game image there were the platform names that allowed you to switch to see the one you wanted. The platform names are still there, and coloured as they were, but not clickable links. Currently there seems to be one location for a game, regardless of how many platforms it is on - makes the forums a mess.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

It gets worse the deeper you look :(

Following a link in another thread to search older games - [url=http://www.gamespot.com/new-games/?___game_filter_type%5Bgenres%5D=&___game_filter_type%5Bdevelopers%5D=&___game_filter_type%5Bpublishers%5D=&game_filter_type%5Bplatform%5D=61&game_filter_type%5BminRating%5D=&game_filter_type%5Btheme%5D=&game_filter_type%5Bregion%5D=&game_filter_type%5BfromYear%5D=&game_filter_type%5BtoYear%5D=&sort=score&direction=DESC]LINK[/url]

I saw the original Doom, but with a review score of 3.1 - surely that can't be right? Click on it to see the details and see the original PC review gave it 7.3. but because GS also did a review of the Saturn version a couple of years later that is the newest official review score, so that is the one attached to the game image.

I tried searching on DiRT - knowing the PS3 version came out several months later, and sure enough the same confusion over scores exists with that, though less extreme.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2
deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@Avenger1324:

@Avenger1324 said:

Under the old format, just under the game image there were the platform names that allowed you to switch to see the one you wanted. The platform names are still there, and coloured as they were, but not clickable links. Currently there seems to be one location for a game, regardless of how many platforms it is on - makes the forums a mess.

This is pretty much what I meant and like I said this system isn't really fair for games that are on multiple platforms.

Hopefully they bring the old one back, it was so handy to keep on track with the differences between platforms. Other than this I don't have any complains about the new site really.