Thoughts and suggestions on the new Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Billieguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Billieguy
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

So I have been a regular GS user for about 4 years, making it my basic means of learning the news about gaming and my go-to source for reviews and legit opinions. However, I rarely posted anything on the site.

The total overhaul of the sight is definitely a HUMONGOUS improvement. Hell, I am now motivated to post in the forums! The whole feel of the site is improved. Different and alien for some users, but improved nonetheless. Some people complain about the new forums and the new review system, but in my book this just needs some getting used to and everything will be golden. The new video player is also an improvement over the past version and videos are more pleasant and easier to watch. I am a fan of the new forum and comment rules aswell.

Two minor complaints (both of which I belive will eventually be vaporised) are the time required to load pages on the site, and also the dysfunctionality of the middle click open-in-new-tab feature when selecting a game from the games drop-down menu on the navigation bar of the site.

What I belive the site to be lacking, is a dedicated official application for mobile platforms (Android, iOS etc.). I am not suggesting that the mobile version of the site is missing anything, but it surely is not what an app could be. I (such as many other community members) am a smartphone/ tablet user, and would just love a GS application. Posting on the go and reading reviews and news while being on the bus on a dedicated virtual environment would be fascinating.

What do you guys think?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I am not too worried about some of the features I barely use, but do not like the long page loading times. To come to the forums today, it took almost a minute to load the page which is not good.

aedman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aedman
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

I also agree that most of the changes are for the better. One that is not is the inability to view the new releases. It is chaos. In the old system, I could even go back to previous weeks or scroll ahead. The new releases, that had videos, were orderly. For the ones that lacked videos, there was still information on the games. This was my favorite feature of Gamespot. It is almost like it is now gone.

Also, I tried to edit my stacks and save. Even though it indicated that the save was successful, it reverted back. This would come under bug reporting. I see that I have a badge for having a "good" emblem, but now my emblem has disappeared. That is sort of ironic; don't you think? Also, I went backwards in rank. Since I hadn't posted in a while, it couldn't possibly be for doing anything wrong.

I often have a great deal of trouble even being able to get onto Gamespot now. Hey, I am being patient; just saying.

Darkhearted91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darkhearted91
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I can't really get this system and it really saddens me because I dont want to have to go with IGN but their U.I. feels easier to grasp than the new GS