The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

Don't know why that's been happening all of a sudden. I use Chrome. Started saying that, didn't quite know what to do. Switched the IE, it worked for, like, 5 posts.

And now it's doing it again. I wonder if posting this thread is gonna work.

edit: There we go. Is it something on my end?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts

I also ran into this problem as well while I'm on mobile/chrome as well. I haven't encounter this while I'm on my PC coming to Gamespot/chrome so I just assume it's mobile that I'm receiving CSRF. When I'm finishing typing, I just copy my post just in case I get CSRF and I have to re-enter the article/thread and paste my post to get message receive.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#3 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

If you've been on a page for a fairly long time before posting then it's possible that the token has simply expired - in that case a simple refresh should always fix it though. Hopefully that's all this was and is the only time I've ran into this personally.

If this is happening even on recently loaded pages then it'll probably need looking into so any additional information would be useful - the issue could be either client side or server side in such a case.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#4 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

OK I can confirm that this problem has returned and no matter how many times you reload the page on open another thread, you still get this error, even if you are not on that page for a long time. It's completely random.

@robotopbuddy said:

If you've been on a page for a fairly long time before posting then it's possible that the token has simply expired - in that case a simple refresh should always fix it though. Hopefully that's all this was and is the only time I've ran into this personally.

If this is happening even on recently loaded pages then it'll probably need looking into so any additional information would be useful - the issue could be either client side or server side in such a case.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Can't post because of this. Even here. Trying all sorts.

Edit: Finally something went through. I tied reversing and even that wouldn't work. Tried using reply and now it went through, but I'm not sure if it was the reason.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

I have this problem too and its annoying. Try not to go forward or back a page before posting. Reloading the page before posting can also avoid this. Please fix this.

Avatar image for deactivated-578f2053b4a13
deactivated-578f2053b4a13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 deactivated-578f2053b4a13
Member since 2004 • 1671 Posts

same problem. Inexcusable.

BarcaAzul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BarcaAzul
Member since 2015 • 3080 Posts

I've had this problem over a week now, is anyone looking to fix it?

Wasteland2058

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Wasteland2058
Member since 2015 • 133 Posts

This happens all the time recently to me, I'm posting from iphone. I used to never have this problem until now and refresh doesn't fix it.

Mobile version websites always have issues, this is why I always choose to go to the desktop version of the website but I haven't been able to find one for gamespot.

Avatar image for deactivated-578f2053b4a13
deactivated-578f2053b4a13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 deactivated-578f2053b4a13
Member since 2004 • 1671 Posts

@wasteland2058: use an iPhone browser that has an "iPad" mode. That's the only way to use the full site on an iPhone. Try iCab mobile, Perfect browser or Atomic web browser.

Divisionbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Divisionbell
Member since 2005 • 483 Posts

Me too. Not sure what changed but I can't post here anymore and gamespot doesn't reply to emails.