Request For Retraction or Clarification

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Mar044
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts

Hi

I wanted to post my concern with http://www.gamespot.com/features/6167180/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot I asked a moderater where I should post and they said here,

for a while now a bad systems wars has been going on with Playstasion and Xbox360 and things have now got worse with the release of this written article, the system has not even a year old and already this was written with some facts that where incorrect and failed to mention more of the pros and cons, I DO NOT want to go into system wars here and always stayed out of GS unbiased or biased talk, but  the whole topic seems to just inflame the community, I remember this happening a few years ago with Gamespot having to re review a few games,

Multi Player gaming was in correct, many if all the games have many of the multi player modes that other systems do, then it goes on to bash the awards system saying it doesn't mean anything, but the xbox or wii doesn't also.

many games are on the release coming up, final fantasy xii,killzone, metal gear solid 4, warhalk, etc they didn't pay mention to that.

they pretty much dismissed the control and its rang of motion where as they praised other systems like the wii.

it did not look at why the ps3 cost so much, the hardware inside, blue ray alone is 500 bucks if you go find a player.

I agree with gamespot on some issues but this just put gas on an already hot fire,

the last topic is it was 95% opinion of the staff, then why post it as "ten tings to make the playstation worth buying"

why not name it our opinion of the system, so at least people will stop saying, why are you bashing the system so on.

so I hearby request a retraction or request a rename of the story in question

other then that I find everything fine with what GS write, and if you respond saying that you won't change anything then I will let it go, but I don't think this helped anything. I tried to explain the best I could without sounding like I accused GS of anything because that is not the issue that I am bringing up here, and if possible still want to stay out of system wars issues.

thanks for your time

Mar044

Note: To GS Users, This is NOT a systems war thread please refrain from any talk like this here. Thanks to moderater skylock00 for the time to redirect me to this section and anwser to my PM.

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#2 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts
You have my support.  Obviously, something wrong is going on, and I don't think Gamespot should have posted this article after some good news about the PS3 actually sprung up through the ocean of bias.  It's unfair, and frankly, disgusting of them to do this after the PS3's shining moment at GDC.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
You have my support.  Obviously, something wrong is going on, and I don't think Gamespot should have posted this article after some good news about the PS3 actually sprung up through the ocean of bias.  It's unfair, and frankly, disgusting of them to do this after the PS3's shining moment at GDC.Yazu13
I think some people are taking this editorial way too personally/seriously, but that's just my feelings on the matter.
silentmobius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 silentmobius
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
[QUOTE="Yazu13"]You have my support.  Obviously, something wrong is going on, and I don't think Gamespot should have posted this article after some good news about the PS3 actually sprung up through the ocean of bias.  It's unfair, and frankly, disgusting of them to do this after the PS3's shining moment at GDC.Skylock00
I think some people are taking this editorial way too personally/seriously, but that's just my feelings on the matter.

I personally don't think that it's a matter of people taking things to seriously. The fact is Joystiq.com just posted an article about how poor the upcoming lineup for the Wii is and before that they address Nintendo's poor support for online. The Xbox360 has had its share of hardware problems from the beginning and yet that issue has yet to be addressed here. The problem is that GS is NOT addressing any of THESE other concerns at all, in any manner. So then why all the negative concern about the PS3, especially after such a positive appearance at GDC?
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
I personally don't think that it's a matter of people taking things to seriously.silentmobius
GS has made articles and such that have had negative leans towards other platforms as well. And the thing about this particular article is that I think people are reading as being more negative than it really is, because in the grand scheme of things, the points that the editors make are relatively small ones, and they emphasize from the get go that the system has a lot of good going for it in general, AND they more or less express that Home is a good idea that a number of them are interested in.

The problem I see is people are yet again bandwagoning to try and talk up this whole bias matter against GS.
silentmobius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silentmobius
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
[QUOTE="silentmobius"]I personally don't think that it's a matter of people taking things to seriously.Skylock00
GS has made articles and such that have had negative leans towards other platforms as well. And the thing about this particular article is that I think people are reading as being more negative than it really is, because in the grand scheme of things, the points that the editors make are relatively small ones, and they emphasize from the get go that the system has a lot of good going for it in general, AND they more or less express that Home is a good idea that a number of them are interested in.

The problem I see is people are yet again bandwagoning to try and talk up this whole bias matter against GS.

I am truly grateful that you have actually taken the time to discuss this topic with us, I don't think many others would bother, as they probably see this whole situation as some nonsensical fanboy rant. However, I do think that we have legitimate concerns when we don't see similar articles posted for the other consoles. Why hasn't GS researched the obvious problems with Xbox 360 hardware that has been going on for months? Why haven't they talked about the fact that Nintendo's online system isn't just broken, but that it's almost non-existent. I come to this site for news about ALL the consoles, positive or negative. The fact is I want to know. So why isn't GS informing me of these other prevalent issues. Do they prefer to sweep them under the rug and pretend they don't exist?
Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Mar044
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
see the problem is I agree with sky in that I remember then talking about the 360 but, it also seems that despite the poor graphics and many of the flaws you have not seen much of tallking about the wii, I wrote the post very carful not to show any bias opinion towward Gs because i have been reading and going to GS since 2000 ( other lost info for account in 2003) and I remember only 2 other games whre they had problems when they wrote reviews and in the end they had to re write them. but at least cover the pros and cons better for each system, the ps3 topic they wrote about isn't as bad as some say but it was bad enough for me to post above. Talk more about the wii, and other things, like hows you did a good job cover of vista and problems with gaming.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Don't we have a huge thread on this already right below?
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Why yes we do:  The article, "10 things to make the PS3 worth buying" to be retracted.