Readers' Choice Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1 zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

http://uk.gamespot.com/best-of/dubious-honors/index.html?page=2

Dragon Age and Fight Night are mixed up, Dragon Age should have got this Readers' Choice award with 405 votes, not Fight Night Round 4 with 74 votes. It has something to do with the links and the if you mouse over them on the 'Results' panel you can see they direct to the wrong pages.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Yeah, that should be fixed. What I find really dubious, however, is the fact that the constant Snickers ads before every single game in Madden 10 didn't even get nominated. >_>
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
Interesting. It looks like the uk version of the page has stats (and comments) that are separate from the www version of the page. I didn't know about that. Anyway, something does seem to be out of line on the uk version. As mentioned, hovering over the game name links in the reader's choice results shows gamespace links that don't correspond to the text shown. I'm sure it wasn't an intentional vote-and-switch, but hopefully someone will double check it. There seem to be some mismatched links on the www version of the page as well, but it doesn't look like it affected the indicated winner.

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4 zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
[QUOTE="gmax"]Interesting. It looks like the uk version of the page has stats (and comments) that are separate from the www version of the page. I didn't know about that. Anyway, something does seem to be out of line on the uk version. As mentioned, hovering over the game name links in the reader's choice results shows gamespace links that don't correspond to the text shown. I'm sure it wasn't an intentional vote-and-switch, but hopefully someone will double check it. There seem to be some mismatched links on the www version of the page as well, but it doesn't look like it affected the indicated winner.

Something else I've just noticed is the number of votes for each version of the site are different. It seem strange that they'd be three separate readers choices, one for each site? How come they're not collaborated into a worldwide set of votes?
AzevedoB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 AzevedoB
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts

Thanks for pointing this out. We had some linking errors on this particular poll in all regions, but the polling numbers are correct, even though the displayed winner was wrong. In any case, it's all been sorted out; the links and true winners are displaying properly.

And, yes, each region had its own localized edition of this feature. Keep in mind that not all games are available (or as popular) in every country, so the poll choices were customized by each region's editorial team.