Quick trigger-fingers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for QualityJeverage
QualityJeverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 QualityJeverage
Member since 2005 • 1151 Posts

On my account, I have three ToS violations listed. One of them is for a stupid post I made a while ago and I take responsibility for that one, the other two however are not my doing.

The other two offenses I have listed are for "Off-Topic Posting" and "Illegal Activities".

Take the Illegal Activities report for example. Another user had made a post talking about how he planned to pirate a game and how he did it all the time. I used the Quote function to quote his post, and then wrote my own anti-piracy post underneath. Unfortunately it seems that the moderator misread the quote as being my own writing, and marked me off for illegal activities!

The same goes for the Off-Topic violation. A user made a post that was completely irrelevant, and I quoted it and pointed out it's irrelevance. Again, the quote was misread.

I'm not angry, but might I ask that moderators take a closer look at posts to make sure that they are reporting the right people?

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

Okay, the illegal activities one may have just been mislabeled, but considering you called him out as an "inconsiderate prick you could/should have been nailed for flaming/trolling. Notice that this is also no actioned, meaning that it doesn't count against you. If anything, the moderator was too generous with that.

The off-topic one you were continuing to take a news story comment further off topic by replying to that. Your post was also off topic for the news story you posted in. You were only warned for this one.

Either way, this has nothing to do with moderator negligence, as you are assuming. We do read every report, and yeah, mistakes are occasionally made, but these are not mistakes. Also, moderation questions go in Ask the Mods in the future.