Previous page option and check spelling option

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for gutbustinkazuya
gutbustinkazuya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gutbustinkazuya
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

When I visit the forums of a game (any game) or any of the pages related to that game (summary, reviews) here on Gamespot and I want to go back a page, my "previous" menu says

• Current page
  • http://a.tribalfusion.com/........
  • (random page)

The triabalfusion option doesn't do anything exept mess with my "quick button". I have to click "previous" twice instead of once. After clicking "previous" once, it doesn't show me a different page, but the same page I'm on.
It doesn't mess anything else up, but it's just very annoying.

Also, the "check spelling" option (which I tried a moment ago on this post) links some words together, reading them as one wrong word, instead of two (good or wrong) words. Right now, I have one red line under "Gamespot" and "and" plus "exept" and "mess". The spelling checker also reads some words as wrong, but then gives exactly the same suggestion (like "it's", suggestion: "it's"). I'm not English, so I have to check my spelling often, but if things like this happen, I just hope the words are correct and click on submit.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
I have no idea on your first problem, I all I could suggest is to try looking around your internet options. As for the second problem, GameSpot uses an external Spellchecker, so it recognises a word like GameSpot wrong and tries to suggest corrections like Game Spot. You're best probably ignoring what the spellchecker thinks as wrong, which is weird to you, as I too sometimes have it going strange on me.
Avatar image for gutbustinkazuya
gutbustinkazuya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gutbustinkazuya
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

I have no idea on your first problem, I all I could suggest is to try looking around your internet options. As for the second problem, GameSpot uses an external Spellchecker, so it recognises a word like GameSpot wrong and tries to suggest corrections like Game Spot. You're best probably ignoring what the spellchecker thinks as wrong, which is weird to you, as I too sometimes have it going strange on me.michaelP4

The first problem has nothing to do with my internet options, it only happens here on Gamespot. I think you misunderstood me about the second problem. The spelling checker reads multiple words as one single word.