This topic is locked from further discussion.

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

hi, can we get a political board? For people who would actually like to debate without being called a newb or some other random name. For people who want REAL discussion because quite frankly, im tired of these so called intellectual conversations mainly in system wars, which as far as i can see, is the closet thing to debates/discussion.

What does anyone thnik?

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I don't like the idea of a political board. This is a gaming website and boards like this should not be created. I am sure there will be unions out there that discuss what you want to discuss and even if there isn't, you can always create one.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

I don't like the idea of a political board. This is a gaming website and boards like this should not be created. I am sure there will be unions out there that discuss what you want to discuss and even if there isn't, you can always create one.Caddy06_88

I follow your logic but there are boards that already exist that have nothing to do with gaming, such as the off topic board...maybe create a sub-board, under the off topic board? Im sure there are people that will express deep thought opinions in there and it can only lead to more content for GS.

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

Political unions & UCB have to get exist.

There is no need for a political board. Yes there might be Off-Topic, but every forum I know has one.

lazynerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lazynerd
Member since 2002 • 1449 Posts
I'd love to see a politcal board but unfortunately this IS a gaming website and such a board simply doesn't fit.  Admins - if you do add one I won't whine!
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
I'd love to see a politcal board but unfortunately this IS a gaming website and such a board simply doesn't fit.  Admins - if you do add one I won't whine!lazynerd
Honestly, a political board is going to bring a huge amount of trouble. I know you guys like to debate and stuff, but you know there's going to be all kinds of flaming over there. It's a touchy subject, and people get heated about things like that. I would say that it's best to stay with a union or something along those lines, where a leader/officer can monitor things all the time.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]I don't like the idea of a political board. This is a gaming website and boards like this should not be created. I am sure there will be unions out there that discuss what you want to discuss and even if there isn't, you can always create one.anandram

I follow your logic but there are boards that already exist that have nothing to do with gaming, such as the off topic board...maybe create a sub-board, under the off topic board? Im sure there are people that will express deep thought opinions in there and it can only lead to more content for GS.

Yes, the off topic board is there but that means you can talk politcal talk in there since politcal talk is off topic from gaming. We do not need a politcal board on GameSpot. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5df4e79c309ad
deactivated-5df4e79c309ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 deactivated-5df4e79c309ad
Member since 2005 • 6045 Posts

There is already a political union called Church & State .

The Conservative Union is a good one for right wingers.

meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
If you want a place to talk about politics in a game players rich environment just create a union i'm sure it will attract like minded people.