leveling system glitch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I was at 98% at level 27 today its 1% at 26 now it should be at 28 at 1%

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
At the moment kemar7856, I see you at Level 27 (1%). I am not aware of any current leveling issues. Are you sure you weren't at Level 26 (98%) yesterday? That seems the most likely sequence of events. I have indications that you have been at a higher percentage on Level 27, but that it was shortly before your most recent suspensions. While I am glad that cell_dweller confirmed that you haven't had a point loss in the last couple days, I think the most recent suspensions are still the actual source of confusion.
tinstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tinstar
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I am also having a problem with the leveling up,I am at level 28 at 13% and it will not go beyond 13%.I first noticed it about 3 weeks ago but never reported it because I never knew how.

Tinstar

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gmax  Moderator
Your profile puts you at Level 28 (14%) today, tinstar. How much time in a day do you spend on GS? Among other tips you can read about in the Leveling Guide, I suspect time online per day is a key factor. And kemar7856, today you are at Level 27 (5%). That's movement in the right direction. The increases may not be huge, but they are there, so I'm still inclined to think that leveling is ticking along as expected.
tinstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tinstar
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I spend about 20 to 30 min.each day just on the GameSpot site and about the same amount of time on each of the gaming forums that I am a member of also my computer is always on line from the time I turn it on until I turn it off,I did notice that it is at level 28 14% now but thats the first time it has move in some time now.I also vist the GameSpot site 2 or 3 times a day as I do all the forums that I vist each day,I can do this because I am retired and and have plenty of time on my hands.

Tinstar

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gmax  Moderator
That all sounds good. As the leveling guide suggests, the more time you spend on the site, the more your level will increase for that day - up to a point. The measurement of your time on the site, however, is kind of roundabout just by virtue of the way web sites and web browsers work. It's more likely a matter of how many pages you visit over a period of time, rather than leaving one web page on the screen for an hour, for example. In any case, I see that you are up a couple more percent today, so that looks positive. If your day today is similar to yesterday, it's possible that you may see as much or more of an increase tomorrow.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Just to add there are many things that contribute into leveling(but like g_max stated there is a max cap for each level per day)like reading stories, watching videos, posting, etc.