Is it just me or does this ad look wrong?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerjerome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerjerome
Member since 2006 • 437 Posts

I saw this ad on this site. Is it just me or does this ad play really badly off of a asian stereotype?

Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts
well, first of all i don't know what stereotype you are talking about, and second of all, it doesn't have to do anything with Gamespot... i don't think GS staff controls EXACTLY what commercials their trusted ad partners release
gamerjerome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamerjerome
Member since 2006 • 437 Posts
i.c, so gamespot just gives any advertiser access to there servers to post any advertisement they want? Makes a lot of sense. I'm sure some other people will recognize the stereotype and some like myself will actually be offended by it.
skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts
thats kinda wierd + prob not gs fault
fillabuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fillabuster
Member since 2003 • 1398 Posts

The Gamspot staff most likely enters into an agreement with the buyers of either a companies advertising division, and ad agency, or a company who specializes in placing advertisement online or otherwise to place ads on the site. It's up to the company to decide what ad they want to use; that is, if they believe the ad is in compliance with their brand image and message. The image is simply what they call stopping power: it grabs your attention and creates curiosity so that you take the next step of clicking over the ad to see the video.

I'm South Korean and I don't find the ad offensive at all.

Also this seems like a topic better suited for the off-topic forum.

Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts

The Gamspot staff most likely enters into an agreement with the buyers of either a companies advertising division, and ad agency, or a company who specializes in placing advertisement online or otherwise to place ads on the site. It's up to the company to decide what ad they want to use; that is, if they believe the ad is in compliance with their brand image and message. The image is simply what they call stopping power: it grabs your attention and creates curiosity so that you take the next step of clicking over the ad to see the video.

I'm South Korean and I don't find the ad offensive at all.

Also this seems like a topic better suited for the off-topic forum.

fillabuster

/thread

sorry, i hate when people do that, but i wanted to try once :twisted: