I Like the New Tagging topics and Fast Post add on!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts

We can now tag topics and now the fast post button has the basic HTML bar on it!!!

Thanks GameSpot. This will help big time indeed!!!

Teivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Teivan
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
Tagging went live a little too soon so I took the button back off the template.  :(  Hopefully it'll be live later this week or early next.
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
The bar on the quick replay window is great. I think the tagging topics will be another good addition as well.
Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
Yes I am loving these new updates GameSpot!
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fastesttruck
Tagging went live a little too soon so I took the button back off the template.  :(  Hopefully it'll be live later this week or early next.Teivan
Oh ok. I tought I was seeing things b/c its gone now but that clears it up for me ;)
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Tagging went live a little too soon so I took the button back off the template. :( Hopefully it'll be live later this week or early next.Teivan
So that's why I didn't see any tagging option. Anyway, the new addition to the quick reply/quick post feature is nice although unneccessary for me. I'm sure it'll help newer GS users though.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
yea the new updates are great. heres a question: can we post pictures using the paste button from the quick post option?
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts

yes we can thx man, GS just gets better and better.

xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts
Love the update, but could we also get a Linktify button, Please :D
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

But I can't see the Quick Reply bar. :( It's just blank.

yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
I used to be able to quote HTML codes right through quick reply. But now I have to go through an extra step. I'm a total Access subscriber, so I don't think making me go through more pages will make me watch more ads... :D
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Awesome enhancement! I really need to start using quick reply more often, i always forget :)
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cyrax-Sektor

I can see the bar now.

But there's another issue:

After quoting someone and pressing 'enter' or 'return' after the quote, the text after the quote disappears.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fastesttruck
Every time I try to go to a post by using the (#new posts) link in the fourms, my page goes back to the top :| also is there any way around that dam "Allow acess" thing? its realy making me mad every time I try to copy and paste something.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
I like the enhancement, but could we please have an HTML source button, since I still have copy/paste issues? :?
Teivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Teivan

Every time I try to go to a post by using the (#new posts) link in the fourms, my page goes back to the top :| also is there any way around that dam "Allow acess" thing? its realy making me mad every time I try to copy and paste something.fastesttruck

the allow access is a security feature of firefox.  You can follow the directions that the more information button gives to override the default firefox settings.  Or you can use the paste from word clipboard icon.  shift-insert also bypasses FireFox's security for some reason (bug imo).

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fastesttruck

I dont use FireFox :? I use IE7 I think it is?

Let me try that Clipboard thing...

Nope still comes up :|

Teivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Teivan

I like the enhancement, but could we please have an HTML source button, since I still have copy/paste issues? :?MAILER_DAEMON

Quick reply/quote is meant to be a quick/lightweight way to reply.  The more stuff like this that I add, the slower it becomes.  :(

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]I like the enhancement, but could we please have an HTML source button, since I still have copy/paste issues? :?Teivan

Quick reply/quote is meant to be a quick/lightweight way to reply. The more stuff like this that I add, the slower it becomes. :(

Gotcha. Guess I'll just have to force myself to figure it out. :lol:
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

The quick reply add-on is pretty cool.

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 maa4208
Member since 2004 • 14543 Posts
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]I like the enhancement, but could we please have an HTML source button, since I still have copy/paste issues? :?Teivan
Quick reply/quote is meant to be a quick/lightweight way to reply.  The more stuff like this that I add, the slower it becomes.  :(

Then could you give us the option, in our preferences, to have this editor enabled or disabled? It would be apart from the main option to have it on or off (like the main reply / quote and the quick reply / quote). At least thats the way I picture it. :P
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I'm not a big fan of it, thankfully I was able to turn the horrid thing off, it kept making the page jump up to the top instead of staying on the last message read and lagged when loading:?
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
Then could you give us the option, in our preferences, to have this editor enabled or disabled? It would be apart from the main option to have it on or off (like the main reply / quote and the quick reply / quote). At least thats the way I picture it. :Pmaa4208
Not a bad idea, but I could always go to preferences before clicking regular reply and turn it back on, but it would be nice to have it like it was before this update I thought it worked just fine as well:)
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#24 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
Then could you give us the option, in our preferences, to have this editor enabled or disabled? It would be apart from the main option to have it on or off (like the main reply / quote and the quick reply / quote). At least thats the way I picture it. :Pmaa4208
yer that'd be ideal...personally i have them both disabled anyway but on occasion i put on the editor for editing things and post normally using the quick post at the same time...and of course turning the editor back off when i'm done...this update kinda slows down my quick posting when i do that tho as i'm so used to always using html straight into the post in quick post now...
zackattack784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 zackattack784
Member since 2003 • 4291 Posts

Love the update, but could we also get a Linktify button, Please :Dxelloss88

yes please!  adding this  button would be a great addition.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Yeah the quick reply is a useful tool, not any fancy HTML. I don't really ever use any fancy HTML so it's great for me.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fastesttruck
I'm not a big fan of it, thankfully I was able to turn the horrid thing off, it kept making the page jump up to the top instead of staying on the last message read and lagged when loading:?double_decker
Did it stop after you got rid of the Editor? Mine does the same thing now and its realy annoying and slowing me donw.

[QUOTE="xelloss88"]Love the update, but could we also get a Linktify button, Please :Dzackattack784

yes please!  adding this  button would be a great addition.

Yeah I think they should add that and mabey take out the BIU b/c that is realy basic and I dont know that many of us need it. However the Insert Link is NOT very basic and not many of us newer people know it.
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
I really don't like/need the HTML buttons in quicky reply/quote. It slows my computer down a lot more. Just watch; everything from the current editor will be added to the quick reply button sooner or later. >_>
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

Putting the editor into quick reply was a good idea, so well done and thanks to Teivan, but  I agree, there should be an option to disable it for quick replies but not for full replies. I'm too used to using HTML in the quick reply, and having the editor there complicates things in that area. Still, it's a nice addition, and I noticed the tags after they went up (but the submit was broked :(), and it's looking nice.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fastesttruck
I really don't like/need the HTML buttons in quicky reply/quote. It slows my computer down a lot more. Just watch; everything from the current editor will be added to the quick reply button sooner or later. >_>mariomaniac92
God I hope not. I had to disable the editor b/c my page was bugging out and would not stay in one spot.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#32 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
[QUOTE="mariomaniac92"]I really don't like/need the HTML buttons in quicky reply/quote. It slows my computer down a lot more. Just watch; everything from the current editor will be added to the quick reply button sooner or later. >_>fastesttruck
God I hope not. I had to disable the editor b/c my page was bugging out and would not stay in one spot.

yer i noticed that with the new editor on the usual reply page as well...i'm used to having it turned off anyway so i only even tried it once to see what there was anyway...:|
hellowMoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hellowMoto
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

We can now tag topics and now the fast post button has the basic HTML bar on it!!!

Thanks GameSpot. This will help big time indeed!!!

fastesttruck

it's really help a lot

oceanzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 oceanzone
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
indeed
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#35 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
I knew about this for some time since in my tags it says "Forum Topics" so I am assuming this will be here sometime soon.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
how will tagging threads work? a lot of people will be bumping old threads, which come up in tagging results
Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts
how do you tag a thread? O_o
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cyrax-Sektor
how do you tag a thread? O_oDavidhye
 This feature has been disabled for now. The Admins are still tweaking it.