This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Okay, I have to say that this glitch is really starting to frustrate me.  This has been happening for about two weeks now and has been restricting me from posting the articles I want on my union.  What happens is I will write my article, hit submit, and then it will come up with an error saying "Your HTML is not well formed, please match any unclosed quotes or tags".  This is usually a typical error for me, but the next thing that is bothersome is that in addition to this error it deletes half of my article and replaces it with the single word "Forbidden".  Then, it deletes my images as well.  Can someone tell me if this is going to go away, or when it is going to go away?
ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
This has been covered in another thread.  What needs to be done is to have it so it doesn't remove the rest of the post after it.  The words c.l.a.s.s and s.t.y.l.e are causing it.  At least just fix the part so it doesn't delete the rest of the message - that's the most important part and the major thing users complain about.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
This has been covered in another thread.  What needs to be done is to have it so it doesn't remove the rest of the post after it.  The words c.l.a.s.s and s.t.y.l.e are causing it.  At least just fix the part so it doesn't delete the rest of the message - that's the most important part and the major thing users complain about.
ulillillia
I don't understand, what do you mean by class and style?
ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
By using these two words, which are forbidden HTML attributes that can be used for javascript exploits and cause serious harm here, they get replaced by "forbidden".  The bad part that must be fixed is the fact that the rest of the post after the occurrance of these words (whether in HTML or in the main post) is deleted for no reason at all.  It's this deleting part that gets users very annoyed.
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
The admins are currently working on it. In the last thread Tevian said there were problems with this however that would make it harder to come up with a fix:

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to both allow the freedom of html why protecting against javascript exploits. Words like clàss and stylè will unfortunately be filtered out for a while as we try to come up with a better method. We are erroring on the side of caution.Teivan

This doesn't happen in quick post modes though, you can post the full word. It does go away when you edit it though, so you'll have to put a full stop in it or what have you (I used accented characters). Since the words can be used in quick reply anyway, however, that raises the question of whether or not the java exploits still work through quick post modes.