Error getting key for LotR Online World Tour of Middle Earth

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Falconise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Falconise
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I get an error when trying to get a key for LotR Online World Tour of Middle Earth:

This promotion is only open to residents of the USA, Canada, Austrailia, and New Zealand.

I am in CANADA, my profile is set to CANADA, and all my pertinant information is filled out in my profile. Yet I still get this error. I also noticed that even though I have my correct birthdate in my profile, it shows up on this KEY page as incorrect. As well, all my profile information is not appearing on this page -- the only thing that DOES appear is my incorrect birthdate.

Please help, I would very much like to have a sneak peek of Middle Earth, this online RPG looks very interesting so far.

Thanks in advance! 

Phaeris_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phaeris_basic
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
I am having a problem also. My info in my profile is correct, but the info listed in the approval area to send in for the key does not list my first or last name and also lists my birthdate as being in 1999. These errors would cause me to be rejected for consideration, so I didn't bother to hit enter. I tried updating my profile also. I thought by re-entering the correct info, that I might be able to fix it, but no dice. I kept getting unknown errors for first name, last name and country. I was only able to successfully re-enter my info by logging into gamefaqs. My info displays correctly in my profile, as mentioned before, but no luck on getting the beta key submission window to show the correct info. I have spent over half an hour now trying to get something done that should only have taken a couple of clicks. Its not like I had the GameSpot cookie blocked. I even deleted all my cookies and re-accepting and allowing GameSpot. On two different computers. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Geoff
Falconise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Falconise
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hmmm, left this to cook several days, I come back to check on it, and see that the customer service at Gamespot is lacking, nonexistant, or so backlogged that this will never get answered.

Luckily, the game itself is run by others. I may not get to preview what looks to be a pretty fun game, but I really don't have time to get involved with another MMORPG right now anyway.

I'm not even gonna try the link again, thinking that maybe it got fixed and no notice (or admission that something was broke in the first place) was posted.

kthxbye